• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attack of the Clones [rant] Stop adding new shrouds!

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
http://i25.***********/s5kcug.jpg

I don't get it, everybody looks the same because you refuse to add different clothing items with buffs, maybe a robe? maybe a cloak? a tunic perhaps?

Variety is the spice of life! cmon' guys!

C

Cloak&Dagger

I don't get it, everybody looks the same because you refuse to add different clothing items with buffs, maybe a robe? maybe a cloak? a tunic perhaps?

Err...The replica items were not them adding the clothing tho, so...can not really blame them for that part.

The new cloaks look slightly different than those, they are the elven cloaks...Sure hooded, but still look different than tho.

Other wise I agree, more variety would be nice...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cloak‡1305806 said:
Err...The replica items were not them adding the clothing tho, so...can not really blame them for that part.

The new cloaks look slightly different than those, they are the elven cloaks...Sure hooded, but still look different than tho.

Other wise I agree, more variety would be nice...
Yes, the Elven Cloaks are Fugly, they should have kept it on the real cloak/quiver slot. It'd be a better variety point so not everyone in the game had a quiver on, besides the .02% that wear the melissas cloak. The only reason people complained and got what they wanted, instead fo really thinking it out, is so they could stack the 5 dci quiver and the 3 dci on the robe, instead of having to pick one or the other. Really qish they would have left it in the quiver slot.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only complain as i had to pay for a Shrowd of Shadows for my stealther. but now you throw in a cloak of Silence with +10 stealth for free?
Are you honestly trying to P%$$ older players off?

While your at it then, just add an NCP that i can dump all my 5+ year junk on to get gold so i can buy the new junk.
Since it's obvious you intend to make all the old collectable's pointless!!

F

Foolio the Bard

I only complain as i had to pay for a Cloak of Shadows for my stealther. but now you throw in a cloak of Silence with +10 stealth for free?
Well there are still some big questions to answer about the EMs passing these out "for free".
Will it just be a short hand out where the supply is limited? Will it be only given to some people who complete an EM quest or something? Will there just be a big box of em at the EM house for anyone to come and get?

So, just saying these may or may not be hard to get. And you could end up having to buy one of these as well depending on their rarity.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's EM then its free to everyone otherwise the EM's are open to favouritism, which is not allowed.

C

Corpsecrank

I always thought that clothing should have been left off the list of items you can wear that give bonuses. But since they are not you should have a few different options for each clothing slot that give the same bonuses but with a different piece of clothing for that given slot. Then allow them to be dye-able so that you get a decent variety of appearances.

I remember the duped shrouds in blue green and purple. Those 3 colors were all you saw at the bank and everyone had a shroud it was sickening to look at.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should people care about others who just happen to like shrouds?
Before there were shrouds it was tons of people in robes, now it will be a lot of people in hooded robes. Big woop!

Guess you'll just have to live with it. Because there are people who do like them.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have cloaks and robes with buffs. They're just not as good (for the purposes of most players).

Adding a tunic won't change appearances in the slightest because robe slot items cover such things. The addition of modded robe slot items is the reason why everyone looks the same.

Personally, I've always thought that if the robe slot were to be merged with the Sash Slot, it'd do wonders for the variety of costumes seen in the game - assuming there were also some more buffed clothing items added to give people a reason to wear something that isn't a plain robe/shroud.

For example, the veteran reward dresses just aren't often seen in-game because they (like the veteran reward robes) aren't really worth wearing. But the idea behind their introduction was sound: Introducing items with identical mods to current gear, just so people could have a change of appearance. They just chose the wrong item to dupe.

Imbuing would be the perfect system for taking the mods off a robe and putting them onto some other article of clothing from the same slot. Either that, or whatever system will be used to convert Gargoyle-based gear.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We have cloaks and robes with buffs. They're just not as good (for the purposes of most players).

Adding a tunic won't change appearances in the slightest because robe slot items cover such things.

These are the item types that take the robe slot.

Personally, I've always thought that if the robe slot were to be merged with the Sash Slot, it'd do wonders for the variety of costumes seen in the game - assuming there were also some more buffed clothing items added to give people a reason to wear something that isn't a plain robe/shroud.

For example, the veteran reward dresses just aren't often seen in-game because they (like the veteran reward robes) aren't really worth wearing. But the idea behind their introduction was sound: Introducing items with identical mods to current gear, just so people could have a change of appearance. They just chose the wrong item to dupe.
I kinda like the thought of a tunic.....

I'm and archer so I'm not too keen on taking away my quiver slot....

And I wanted the slot placement swapped with the sash cause a sash should go OUTSIDE the robe... not be hidden under it... least that's how I felt.

And I miss pants.

And no one can see my shirt which is a shame. Honestly... I am not too keen on elven robes.... but they are a darn sight better than regular ones. I like the hooded shroud better but maybe that's just me.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I wanted the slot placement swapped with the sash cause a sash should go OUTSIDE the robe... not be hidden under it... least that's how I felt.
Unfortunately there are quite a few items that take the sash slot, and only one of them is an actual sash. Changing the draw order would just look weird in most cases.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like a new robe graphic, something arcane looking perhaps. I am sick of the reused same old death robe or shroud look.

F

Foolio the Bard

If it's EM then its free to everyone otherwise the EM's are open to favouritism, which is not allowed.
Sorry, but that's not how its been with past items in the last few weeks/months. Some were handed out in very limited fashion -- you were there and got one or you missed the couple hour window and didn't get one.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So what you're saying is that robes, cloaks, shrouds, sashes, earrings, half aprons, obi (slated for future patch, so I've heard) and boots aren't enough?

I'd be happier if they made a way for armor to be easier to mix and match without looking rediculous.

S

Sassassin

Wow a rant coming from someone who have quit UO since at least two years ago. Are you playing on some wand cycling private shard so you can PvP? :next:

I am sorry but from your own screenie hat + inquis in original color with a robe arent so original urself... you see this exact setup NOW more than people with shrouds. Besides shrouds gave various of stats... I dont think people are wearing them so they can be a clone (like yourself and many others dressing the same). But rather to get the benefit of the additional mods.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow a rant coming from someone who have quit UO since at least two years ago. Are you playing on some wand cycling private shard so you can PvP? :next:

I am sorry but from your own screenie hat + inquis in original color with a robe arent so original urself... you see this exact setup NOW more than people with shrouds. Besides shrouds gave various of stats... I dont think people are wearing them so they can be a clone (like yourself and many others dressing the same). But rather to get the benefit of the additional mods.
who are you lol

M

Mairut

Sorry, but that's not how its been with past items in the last few weeks/months. Some were handed out in very limited fashion -- you were there and got one or you missed the couple hour window and didn't get one.
OOh! Me! *raises hand*
Is it usually announced where they will be to hand out items...or do you have to check in at WBB or the EM house every so often? Would the live events page say? Also....
The EM house that you all are talking about is the one in malas where they show off the event items, right?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Hum... all of this could be solved with a Tailor Token.
Buy it then apply it to the item... change it to any that would fit the same slot.

That would create more diversity... and keep everyone happy.

(not my idea... http://www.uoforums.com/uo-ideas-an...rty-clothing-dont-know-how-hard-thisd-be.html )
Be even better if you could change it to any tailorable clothing item. And that is not really that hard to code, but a little tricky at the same time...(I did not read the full thread but I can imagine how it would work, programatically (Edit: is that even a word?) anyway)