• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATMS ?? WHERE DO WE BUY $$$$$$

G

Any place where people advertise they have an ATM, check for ATMs at "Store" category lots.

G

Many properties have ATM's. Most advertise it in their bio. Find a property with an ATM machine, click on it, and you will be sent to Paypal to purchase simoleans.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If you are in EA-land , drop by the "Green Machine" any time.

G

NOIP
These things are fairly expensive - what is the advantage of having one on your lot? Do you get a piece of the action?

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
These things are fairly expensive - what is the advantage of having one on your lot? Do you get a piece of the action?

[/ QUOTE ]I can see an advantage if you happen to run a store, but - other than that... That's a good question!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I know that in the future, sims will have sim-wide accounts on the ATMs. Meaning that every sim on that 1 tso account, has accesses to any $ or possibly objects in the ATM account.

So I'm guessing they will allow us to make a deposit fee or withdrawal fee if we are running say a bank??? I dunno lol

I

imported_Founder

Actually I have a a better question: Why are ATM machines so expensive? If EA wants business, wouldnt they make them available for $1 in store catalogs, so that every hobo can own one, which will potential bring EA more greemoleans?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

True,

But when they add the sell simoleans option im sure they want to have less simoleans in circulation. Plus they also wanna take as much as possible so more people want to buy their simoleans.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, we dont get any financial benefit to having ATM's on the lot, but we do get visitors to use them.

Has anyone noticed that EA have now added a commison to the transaction so that when you buy from them you are now getting less simoleans for your money.

Lita NickleNDime

I

imported_Shirl1211

Alot of the stores have them and they have them set so you can see them as soon as you land.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, we dont get any financial benefit to having ATM's on the lot, but we do get visitors to use them.

Has anyone noticed that EA have now added a commison to the transaction so that when you buy from them you are now getting less simoleans for your money.

Lita NickleNDime

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa Yup! It says "EA Fee" or something like that, but those of us who been using PayPal for years know that they are trying to make their buyers pay those quirky PayPal fees.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Actually I have a a better question: Why are ATM machines so expensive? If EA wants business, wouldnt they make them available for $1 in store catalogs, so that every hobo can own one, which will potential bring EA more greemoleans?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO I think the reason they made them so high was to account for all the ones that were buying the simoleans when they were first brought into the game. So the ones that bought the ATM's lost out. That was just another way to keep their economy "balanced".