• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATM machines

G

I realize there are lots of players who are going to opt for the fast track and purchase simoleans. They have various reasons for doing it. They've done it all along, so it's no surprise to me that it will continue.

I had thought the ATM's would also enable us to transfer funds between sims on our accounts, is this not the case?

I also question EA selling these machines. In real life, stores get rental space fee for hosting the ATM machines. They don't buy the machines so that some bank can charge $2 for people to access money. The stores make a little money providing a place for the machines to be accessible to their customers at any and all hours of the day. So, what I am wondering here is, why on earth are people paying $10k to purchase a machine that will not provide them any profit in the future?

G

Good point...I haven't had any experience with the ATM's yet, as I haven't been in TC3, but it makes sense to me that they should be limited to certain categories (maybe money and stores?) and owners should get a kickback for each transaction made.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I specifically bought an ATM machine for my services lot because there might be custom content creators that run out of simoleans while uploading. I can see stores investing in ATMs for store lots. I would guess once the cash out feature is enabled many would like to have a convenient ATM machine on money lots for cashing out their simoleans.

T

Tristan Lewis

My 2 cents, is thay should be programed into each lot much like the phone booth,trashcan, and mailbox. just my 2 cents.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I realize there are lots of players who are going to opt for the fast track and purchase simoleans. They have various reasons for doing it. They've done it all along, so it's no surprise to me that it will continue.

I had thought the ATM's would also enable us to transfer funds between sims on our accounts, is this not the case?

I also question EA selling these machines. In real life, stores get rental space fee for hosting the ATM machines. They don't buy the machines so that some bank can charge $2 for people to access money. The stores make a little money providing a place for the machines to be accessible to their customers at any and all hours of the day. So, what I am wondering here is, why on earth are people paying $10k to purchase a machine that will not provide them any profit in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just talked to chong in the tc3 store. He said then in upcoming months the transfer funds between sims on same account wil be enabled when finished.

As for the part of home owners getting paid to have atm mchines at your lot why not put the atm in a small room with a pay door and charge sims a small fee to use it?

S

Sean Kendrick

I think the ATM machine should be available free for every lot owner. I dont necessarily think it should be made permanent on a lot. The owner should be able to move the machine around to match the style of the lot. For owners to pay 10k for a machine that turns no profit is pointless unless they desperately need 2mins for visitor time which dosent even give bonuses..

Owners should be able to set a fee for service of the machine 1-1,000 simoleans.

S

Sean Kendrick

Response to fester:

You dont have to go up to the ATM to use it. You can use it from afar. I dont think a paydoor would work.

G

Buy it from them, pay to use it - another way to keep us barefoot and preg.... uh... penniless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Response to fester:

You dont have to go up to the ATM to use it. You can use it from afar. I dont think a paydoor would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm that sux! LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

Buy it from them, pay to use it - another way to keep us barefoot and preg.... uh... penniless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually quite the contrary, use it yourself and you'll NOT be penniless, but in fact simoleons plus, muwhahaha.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually quite the contrary, use it yourself and you'll NOT be penniless, but in fact simoleons plus, muwhahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]
Referring to real life pennies.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Referring to real life pennies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give EA enough of my money as it is. I'm not giving them anymore. I'd rather be Sim Poor than Real Life Poor.

S

Sean Kendrick

Good news guys! I just talked to Laurent(sp?) the dev for web services and proposed that they let owners do a "service fee". He said "nice idea I'll have to talk to Luc about it". Its all up to Luc now!

G

Are they available in EA Land yet, if so, where ?

Shops would like to have them, would give shoppers access to more cash, I'm thinking.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I picked up one at the EA Store when it was open today. Watch for the store to open again, Glitter.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I picked up one at the EA Store when it was open today. Watch for the store to open again, Glitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty Gracie! Was just asking a friend ingame, where is Gracie when I need her.

G

I've already seen one for sale at a regular store in EA-Land, just need to look around.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i just talked to chong in the tc3 store. He said then in upcoming months the transfer funds between sims on same account wil be enabled when finished.

As for the part of home owners getting paid to have atm mchines at your lot why not put the atm in a small room with a pay door and charge sims a small fee to use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant idea! That is what I was going to do anyway.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe the pay doors will keep them from accessing it. You will need to test that out first.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe the pay doors will keep them from accessing it. You will need to test that out first.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right - doors won't do anything - you can access it from anywhere on the lot.

But what I find interesting is that the machine (that is, the object icon) isn't even finished - if you look close, there is no color detail, and almost - no color at all. Lol.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Currently the web access to the ATM machine is no longer connecting.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Currently the web access to the ATM machine is no longer connecting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bummer!
However will I spend my money???

Is a puzzlement.

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

I've already seen one for sale at a regular store in EA-Land, just need to look around.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, seen them in a store already for 15k!!! You ask where is the profit, a sweet 5k profit if they actually find someone to pay that amount to them rather opt to pay direct for one!!!