• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlas' are Great, but now what do we do with 1 million spellbooks?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The runebook atlas' pretty much solved the million runebooks in the backpack. Now, what do we do with the trillion-aahh-billion spell books?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean runebooks? Trashing them works...

Doh.. I see what you mean... Yes we need one spellbook to rule them all.

Last edited:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We get a master spell book that holds up to 12 slayer books....with "set book" option like the "set destination" option on the runebooks.

Just over happy to see the bottom of my pack for a change! Getting rid of the many of the rune books there.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow, now all we need is 1 spell book, similar to the Masteries book.!!
Then all we have to do is click on the 1 book and switch to the slayer of our choice!

I can see it now, UO domination...We win!! :danceb:...Lmao

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I cannot get my atlas to work properly... trying to use the charge - it just fizzles...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We get a master spell book that holds up to 12 slayer books....with "set book" option like the "set destination" option on the runebooks.

Just over happy to see the bottom of my pack for a change! Getting rid of the many of the rune books there.
You can have that when I can swap slayer properties on my bow and not carry 13 of those in my pack. Be thankful your spellbooks don't weigh as much.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like this idea like everyone else of course, but there is just something about having a Magery book specifically for Magery that I like for asthetics... Plus it gets a bit more hairy because spellbooks have mods and runebooks don't so there's that bit of difference.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I dislike this idea.

Spellbooks are basically a weapon that a mage/mystic/necro/weaver should be carrying in their hand. I don't like the idea of it just being a quick button on the book to change from slayer to slayer or book to book. We already have enough macro's to make it quick and easy to switch from one slayer book to another with ease of hitting one button or changing into a particular suit. For me personally, all my books are dyed and color coded to make it easy to find the one I am looking for. There is no reason why anyone can't just have a separate bag within their pack that holds all their spellbooks and take out the ones they need.

In my humble opinion, this is an example of where people need to stop asking for an 'easy button' in every aspect of the game and just suck it up that you might have a handful of different books in your pack. I mean what's next? We ask for a book to carry bows, swords and maces yet because you can't be bothered having to look in your pack for the right slayer or particular item with mods? If there are problems with the runic atlases, do we want that to potentially happen to spell books, let alone risk some type of error or issue to expensive super slayer scrappers? The idea might be nice in theory, but from a dedicated mage, I reject it in potential application.

Last edited:

Herp!

Journeyman
Merlin is correct.. There's also been 1 massive oversight here. I have many books with modifiers OTHER than a slayer. I would really not like to lose those modifiers in some cases just to have ease of access to all my slayers. Why drop 25 sdi or some other modifier off of a book just to have the slayer easier to access? Specifically as he says, a super slayer scrappers. You would risk putting that book into a massive book that would remove the stats other than, for instance, Demon Slayer? And don't try to tell me they can code it so it's a damned book atlas. Look at how well they've been doing lately with adding items, you know for a fact it would eat your books and give you back the option of slayer only with no choice of modifiers. NO EASY BUTAN! Carry your crap like the rest of us and be happy you don't have to carry 13 bows or 14-20 swords/double axes/bladed staves that weigh 7-15 stones each.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the idea was to have one container that the spellbooks go in, then you toggle the specific book you want. I agree with that last two posters that that would be a bit too much of an "easy button."

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the idea was to have one container that the spellbooks go in, then you toggle the specific book you want. I agree with that last two posters that that would be a bit too much of an "easy button."
This is correct. Not a quick button (good idea tho), but a satchel that holds all spell books - even after dying, they stay in the satchel.

Herp!

Journeyman
This is correct. Not a quick button (good idea tho), but a satchel that holds all spell books - even after dying, they stay in the satchel.
This would only be beneficial if it counted as 1 item no matter how many you put in & would have to ONLY hold spell books. But this is the best application I've seen someone suggest for this thus far. *slow clap*

Though if this was brought to reality, all the dexxers(me included) would then want a satchel to do this for their various ridiculous amounts of weapons they have to carry. Specifically speaking, t2a spawners that don't know what's going to pop until they throw valor at the idol.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would only be beneficial if it counted as 1 item no matter how many you put in & would have to ONLY hold spell books. But this is the best application I've seen someone suggest for this thus far. *slow clap*

Though if this was brought to reality, all the dexxers(me included) would then want a satchel to do this for their various ridiculous amounts of weapons they have to carry. Specifically speaking, t2a spawners that don't know what's going to pop until they throw valor at the idol.
For the melee weapons, introduce an item like a Sheath or Scabard that holds many types of weapons.

Herp!

Journeyman
For the melee weapons, introduce an item like a Sheath or Scabard that holds many types of weapons.
Unrealistic much? Lol I have 1 sheath for each sword I own... and I own a lot of swords. Also many weapons, such as the bladed staff, which I own 2 of, do not have the possibility of even being sheathed. When I take them out for demonstrations I have to put a plastic guard over the blade edge to prevent them from being considered a deadly weapon if I get pulled over for whatever reason. Also, I do expect the "it's a game argument" however, they've kept a fair amount of realism. Spellbooks aren't real in themselves so I don't have an issue with the idea of some mystical bag that can make them all count as 1 item. Swords and staves however, are a part of my life & have been since before this game was released... I hold them more dear to my heart than I hold my wife.

Last edited:

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unrealistic much? Lol I have 1 sheath for each sword I own... and I own a lot of swords. Also many weapons, such as the bladed staff, which I own 2 of, do not have the possibility of even being sheathed. When I take them out for demonstrations I have to put a plastic guard over the blade edge to prevent them from being considered a deadly weapon if I get pulled over for whatever reason. Also, I do expect the "it's a game argument" however, they've kept a fair amount of realism. Spellbooks aren't real in themselves so I don't have an issue with the idea of some mystical bag that can make them all count as 1 item. Swords and staves however, are a part of my life & have been since before this game was released... I hold them more dear to my heart than I hold my wife.
Unrealistic? Like killing dragons and demons isn't ? XD

Herp!

Journeyman
Unrealistic? Like killing dragons and demons isn't ? XD
Figured that would be an answer. They have actually kept realism with most of the dexxer stats/skills. To be completely honest, there are real world applications of a fair amount of the skills in game. While I don't at ALL advocate that demons, dragons, or the black arts(any magic of any kind) exist... there are people in this world that do. I call them crazies... but the people who run the boarding facility we used to board our horse at legitimately believed they were dragons & could practice black magic. So yes, realism is a thing in this game... especially to the insane. But I can actually use skills similar to evade from bushido, parry, swordsmanship, fencing, mace fighting, and basically any other dexxer skill. I can also carry 550 stones worth of crap on my back if I really chose to do so. While some of these skills seem like MAGIC to most, those of us with 20+ years of training in martial would argue differently. But that's just my feeling on the subject... I'd love to hear any dexxer argue, within reason, a plausible reason to have some sort of magic backpack that can hold all of my swords and staves and weigh 0 stones & count as 1 item. And I don't wanna hear "My insurance is 30k when I die!" I want a legitimate reason for this. No one I've ever seen loots that much crap while spawning or otherwise that they have to worry about how much those 14-20 weapons in their pack weigh. However, with my mages, I will carry sometimes 40+ books on me for various reasons which lead to my pack having close to 60+ items in it when I was carrying rune books, before that, with regs it was worse. I could barely carry anything else on me after killing someone, 90% of the time I had to throw their crap on the ground so others could have it without going grey or just to watch it decay and get a giggle.