• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Tournaments 2008 - This one will happen

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage tournament begins tonight at 7PM Eastern. Head to Lord British's Throne Room Trammel for a gate up to 1/2 hour before. When the tournament begins gates will be hard to come by. Reds can catch a gate at the Trinsic Felucca Moongate.

No fighting is allowed at the house and violators will be ejected. Obviously you should not carry any uninsured items on you and keep insured items to a minimum in case of trouble makers. If you are taking part make sure you have the 1 million gold check ready to hand in at the house and do not carry any disallowed items. In fact, don't bring anything you are not going to fight with so backpack checks are easier.

Prizes
* First Place - 20 Million Gold & Ornament of the Magician
* Second Place - 10 Million Gold & Barbed Runic Kit
* Third & Forth Place - 5 Million Gold & Barbed Runic Kit

-=--------------------------------------------------

There hasn't been a decent tournament in years. I'm going to make one happen. The winners will be crowned best duelers on Atlantic in 2008. You will even get that as a special forum title (on the UO Atlantic forum, not Stratics). The tournaments are going to take place the weekend of January 3-4 (date changed). A lot of people should be on vacation off from school and work. So there is no reason why a lot of people should be able to join.

There are going to be two separate tournaments. One for mages, one for dexers. One will be held Saturday, the other on Sunday. You can enter both if you desire.

The entry fee for each is going to be 1 million gold. HOT Guild is going to sponsor the tournament with 25 million gold into the pot. I hope some other guilds will do the same.

Mage Tournament Rules
* Magery Spells Only (No Necromancy, Spellweaving, Chivalry, or Bushido)
* No Weapons (Only Spellbook or Unarmed)
* No Elven Characters
* No Protection
* No Precasting
* No Potions
* No Special Moves
* No Enchanted Apples
* No Wands
* No Poisoning Skill
* No Orange Petals
* No Summons/Pets
* No Magic Reflect Items
* No Healing Skill use (including Faction Bandages)
* No Balms/Lotions

Dexer Tournament Rules
No Magery, Necromancy, Spellweaving
No Orange Petals
No Summons/Pets

If you have any comments/suggestions about the rules reply with them. I just pulled the mage ones from the Faaip's post and tossed in a few dexer ones. I'll have everything nailed down by next Monday.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The prize is going to be 25 million + entry fees + any others donated. Also I said the title is not on Stratics, it is on the UO Atlantic forum.

I just realized that the prize would have to be split between two tournaments. HOT isn't donating 50 million for everything. I think it'll be cut down to 15 million for each. This will be sorted out later.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi JC,

When you have your rules and prizes finalized, I'd like to add this to the calendar and the front page as news. Will people be able to attend this one?

Please pm or email me the version you would like posted. Also Goodman's Rune Library will donate the 3 Million Gold promised to the first Tournament to yours.

I will be away for Christmas after the 27th, so I cannot go but if we could arrange for at least some screenshots to be posted here for everyone to see? Or will you make us some movies!?

Thanks,
Andra
GRL

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tournament is getting pushed back to the first weekend in January. With Christmas and New Year's, I don't have the time to set up everything needed. Also it appears that it is a more convenient time for people.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so dexer rules will allow disarming, pots, ninjitsu, hiding, apples and bushido?

P

pwinker00

Just a few quick questions..Where will the tournaments take place at? And, are Chargers of the Fallen considered a summon or pet in the tournament or is it fine to mount them during it?

A

Aia

I would like to come and watch. Will you have gates? Pass out runes?

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll pop in tonight too if there's a time it starts and gates and all that...

Its probably been stated but I've not bothered to read it properly

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sucks since I work weekends! But I would have loved to join in on the dexxer tournament. Test my skills out. Oh well, maybe next time!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house has been selected and is being setup now. If you want a gate to the tournament be at Lord British's Throne Room at 6:30-7:00PM Eastern. It may be difficult to get a gate after the tournament begins.

Obviously you should not carry anything on you that is not insured. If you are participating make sure you are not carrying anything not allowed in the tournament. In fact don't carry anything beyond some runebooks/reagents so it is easy to check your backpack.

Leave all pets/mounts at home.

If you are just going to watch, there is no talking while a fight is going on. If you do so you will likely be ejected from the house. This includes spells you might have on keys, even if you are typing in part/alliance/guild chat.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah nuts i'll have to give it a miss now... methinks i need to finish an essay instead. hope its good anyway

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gates will be available in a couple more minutes. I wish I could update the topic title but can't figure out how.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tournament over, videos will be uploaded tomorrow.

First place - Xander
Second place - Druid Priest
Third place - Gabrielle
Fourth place - King Van Xan

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I attended last night's Tournament and will share a few pictures while we wait for the video which I might add will be well worth the watch.

This event was very well done. The building set up was great for participants and spectators alike. Red sat with Blue watching each match quietly only pausing to place a few side bets. Some of the matches were incredibly long attesting to the skill of each participant.

I highly recommend attending these tournaments as they are very exciting. I've posted a few of my favorite matches and eagerly await the coming video.

Andrasta
Atlantic Shard Reporter
GRL

(the video thread will be posted as front page news this evening)

W

walter_mitty

from the pics it looked like a hot guild fest. with the exception of Gemmineye and escobar.

did anyone from the other pvp guilds turn up, ?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tournament was open to everyone and announced well in advance. There were 14 entries, 11 were from the HOT Guild. That is a pretty good turnout for such a restrictive style tournament.

T

Tazar

From the edit of the original post - and that there was only one set of winners - I am assuming that the Dexer part of the contest did not happen yet... Is that still on the agenda? :)

D

Draken-Korin

Good turnout? Its a shame really, I feel badly for the person that put the time into setting this event up. Viewing the whole thing from afar seemed to further highlight how low pvp/duels in EA run servers has sunk.

Personally, I thought (even though it didnt matter I havent been able to stomach UO pvp for 5 years or more) reading the ruleset it was fantastic there would be no warriors or "hybrid" types there. God knows in a "hyrbid" world 100 plus people would have been involved in the event. If not DOUBLE.

Face the facts EA UO PvP sucks and very, very few want to take part.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Draken,

Relatively speaking, I thought the turn out was very good. I have tried to attend many events since I took over the library. I have been to much worse.

1. The Tournament was in Felucca.
  2. People don't go to Events like they used to on either facet.
  3. There are many new In-Game Events going right now...Slimes, new Champ goodies, Magincia, the Invasion etc.

You know I agree with you on the old school pvp part but I'm supposed to remain neutral and not wish for the old days. (at least in public)

JC and HOT did a very good job on it and I personally enjoyed it very much. If it were to become a regular event, I'm positive more guilds would attend and spectators would grow.

To Walter,

Where were you? Where was your guild? And please no excuses...If I was brave enough to go...why couldn't you and your guild attend?

Better yet...I eagerly await your event details...Let's see you do better eh?

Andrasta
GRL

D

Draken-Korin

You know me Andra, my points are not focused as much as at this event in particular but rather to others more deserving (past, present and future Devs).

That being said I do enjoy the feisty side of Andrasta.

T

ThePlague

Perhaps, if HOT were to earn the respect of the shard, before they try to host a shard-wide event?