• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Atlantic reverted 12 days

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Given that situation, and how people are screaming that in many cases compensation won't be enough without reverting all shards to undo all the transfers, you might want to hold off on any major projects for the rest of the week, to see how things shake out.

From the way the talk goes, they were replacing hardware today, but when they went to get Atlantic's backup, every backup going back to December 5th was corrupted.

Some have stated (without any confirmation, so far) that EA started using cloud hosting for backup storage about then.
Others have pointed out that the shard itself had been acting funny since about that time (hence the need for the hardware replacement).

Either could be the source of the data corruption - possibly a combination of both. Either way, if you don't play Atlantic, and you know someone that does, you might want to stay out of weapons reach of them.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sound advice ..Me I plan to play as normal I have been through so many of these reverts that it is what it is! Although this would be the first of this time length that one shard caused all to be reverted!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... I have been through so many of these reverts that it is what it is! Although this would be the first of this time length that one shard caused all to be reverted!
Yea, and I really hope that they don't do that.
Causing grief to the 90+ percent of people that weren't affected is not a good solution. (And yes, I would still say that if I had been seriously hurt by the revert - because it's right).