• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Rares Fest At Toad Town

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Here Ye - Here Ye
(Opens scroll to read aloud)

All are invited to attend the Atlantics Rares Fest at Toad Town on
Septemeber 23rd, 24th and 25th

Opening ceremonies will start at 12 Noon- Friday Sept 23rd EST (Official)
A Reverse auction will be at Nabins vendor mall Thursday night September 22nd (see below)

Vendors can be placed the week prior to the Festival-See Additonal vendor info below

A gate from Luna will be provided by Mesanna and a teleporter house available
Special gear for staff members will also be made by Mesanna
Atlantic shards EM Bennu and EM Promethium have offered their assistance

Silent Auction will be operated by Demon Slayer & Sundina and thier ICQ# 102388892

Our reguler Saturday night auction will be held by Yible
We will have a Flea Market available the last several hours of the Festival
Manticore is hoping to attend to answer questions we may have about our rares.

Events Planned:

All players wishing to participate in these events will be required to make a new toon with a name of Tadpole or Pollywog somewhere in their title.
IE: Ms. Pollywog or Tadpole Jones, etc
(Keep an empty character slot open)
All events will be gated to from a locked meeting room so being on time will be imperative

Last Toad Standing: a gate to a corral of numbered Toads will be provided
Each player will be assigned a Toad and from here we are unsure exactly what will happen but we believe alot of cheering and bawdy yelling will occur.

Jousting contest: Picture this-alot of new toons holding a large pointy object
running around in war mode- Sounds scary to me

Lets Make a Deal: players inside a locked meeting room will be offered to take the prize the moderator offers or to opt for Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3
(we are confident there will be no winner for this contest-it is that difficult-only players able to survive a maze and end up back at Toad Town can win)

Additional Events: We hear Gunga has a surprise event planned
We have heard a visit from the Crux Ansata and Adamu Wellings can be expected
Vendor costume contest: All American Theme (RED, WHITE, and BLUE)
Toads will be dropping items throughout the Festival-Be alert!
Lottery Event: I hear a Rift Pillar is one of the Lottery items
Toads On Steriods
A tour of Atlantics Homes and Museums.
Thursday Night Sept 22nd a reverse auction:IE after the formal introduction of the rares community members, A auction where the cheapest -ugliest-most worthless items in game are bid on along with the name of the member you want to take it home-IE violet courage-200k-to um Manticore! winner will be the member with the longest list of items won

Vendors:

Vendor requests will be granted from the stratics forum only
Late comers will be given a vendor at the homes located in the back alley of Toad Town.
Also anyone wishing to have a Luna style vendor, with items other than rares can be placed in this area too.

A $5 million dollar minimum on items placed on vendors is required- IE: 2 or 3 items in a bag can equal $5 mill

A color coded system will be used to signify if the vendor meets this criteria

Lets all come and enjoy some storys of past events, some good times at the events planned, meeting our friends from other shards and maybe even taking back a little knowledge with us. Also see what kind of hospitality Atlantic has to offer.

Hope to see you there!
Queen Arya
ICQ#150693039

Vendor List:

Gunga Din
Neptune
Apetul
Nabin
lupushor
Funtony (Happy Birthday!)
Manticore
Angel Dust
BigEV
Rador
Blend
Restroom Cowboy
Assia Penryn
Kimberly
THP
Demonous
Europa Trader
Hunter Moon
CapGun
TheMac
Antiquarian Ninja
Lother Of Malas
Magicmule
tehfloof
LOTR
Lady Arduinna
Green Lantern
Nightly Spirit
Ultimate Power
Stimpy
Thalium
Olcher
Yanaki2
Shumer
UOforever
AshDC
Presso
Dani/Alina
RaistlinNowhere
NewGuyAtl
Jyachori
Nusair
Dread Pirate
Rafman
Flutter
GaretJax
Panoramix
Acid Toad
Lillu
Lord Kraxal of Atlantic (he made me put the Lord in his post)
Lineman
AnAn
Restless
Jack
Gareth
SixUnder
Viergedarkmoon
Shamrock (Rylo)
Legend/Sadden
Madmax
Gnouf
Sarah Styles
Snow78
Mikaka
Detox
Prawn

F

Fraggles

the 5m min might be a problem if i understand it correctly...so if i have a rare i want to sell, like rubble that i want to sell for 200k it cant be placed on a vendor? Otherwise sounds great! Is the entire event "america red,white,blue themed? if so that would be cool i would love to see a new tradition of "theme" that we had on LS rares fest...the theme there was "Spring" with spring themed events,Deco ect. A red white and blue american theme would be cool maybe you can remanem some of your events to fit the theme hehe:thumbup:

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want a vendor, thanks!

btw, the "A color coded system will be used to signify if the vendor meets this criteria" means that you guys will use something like a goza below the vendor to "mark" it as a rares-dealer, or a "other-than-rares-dealer" (like those vendors that sell lich deco items, tokens, etc) ?? if thats the idea.. its awesome!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Vendor Please :) See you all there

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like a Vender too, please. That's my Birthday Weekend too! :pint:

I agree! Items should be 5 Million or more, and if not, then grouped together. Makes sense! So if you have 200k rubble sell it in a bag with other rubble that is 5 Million or more.

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree! Items should be 5 Million or more, and if not, then grouped together. Makes sense! So if you have 200k rubble sell it in a bag with other rubble that is 5 Million or more.
Because most people here can spend 100m-1b without thinking about it, but what happen with small collectors? i know a guy that collect white candles blessed by love.. should I price it for 5m? a more accurate price is 3m. Same with some double blessed pieces like sandals.

Having said this.. I would like to request a 2nd vendor for these kinds of stuff, on whatever house :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really disappointed in the 5 mil rule. It really hurts the small time collector. Can I drop 500m on something? Yes, but some of the items I enjoy collecting are exceptional quality, roses, blackrock infected boxes etc. I don't want have to #1 overcharge on my extras or buy a bag with a bunch of crap I don't need to get the one item I want.

Please rethink this rule. These festivals should not be about just making gold... but about inspiring other players to begin a collection as well through education. New collectors have to start somewhere and not everyone can toss millions around. It's about finding a passion and if that passion is roses, candles of love, odd containers, or whatever... who are we to demand a certain 'value' for their collection.

With that said, I would like a vendor in hopes that the above rule will change.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wil take a vendor plz in the back alley...im only small time

F

Fraggles

I'm really disappointed in the 5 mil rule. It really hurts the small time collector. Can I drop 500m on something? Yes, but some of the items I enjoy collecting are exceptional quality, roses, blackrock infected boxes etc. I don't want have to #1 overcharge on my extras or buy a bag with a bunch of crap I don't need to get the one item I want.

Please rethink this rule. These festivals should not be about just making gold... but about inspiring other players to begin a collection as well through education. New collectors have to start somewhere and not everyone can toss millions around. It's about finding a passion and if that passion is roses, candles of love, odd containers, or whatever... who are we to demand a certain 'value' for their collection.

With that said, I would like a vendor in hopes that the above rule will change.
I agree and perhaps they will rethink this but maybe the lesser rares will be avalible on the other vendors that they say will be set up for luna stuff??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to admit. we need the 2 style of vendors at the next festival...

true rares and EM trinkets in the gold vendors.....main house= over 5m rule

all the other stuff...and lets be honest here...90% of last rares festival in the silver vendors...ie the Luna vendor!!!!:pancakes:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am with Toad Town as well and myself see this problem. Perhaps we can do one house for rares over 5mil and another house for rares less than 5mil like candels,box's, etc. I dont know, its just a thought.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always enjoy reading the replys on this site-It can be very entertaining at times- *(Puts on another pot of coffee)

The back alley idea was created after viewing the many vendors at the past festivals and also because Atlantic is so large it will give a chance for all to be accomodated. Toad Town is large enough to fit any kind of collectors vendors and will make players move around alot.

The color coded system will accomodate vendors in the main house with items under $5 mil. (candles of love- Dbl exceptional clothing-AOS clothing, etc. which I also enjoy collecting) It will give players the option. Naming your vendor with these items also helps.

As for the Pollywog vs Tadpole event-this event was created for a toon with no skill- We have seen it in the Bob vs Fred event at one of the fests. Its is a hoot

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Pollywog vs Tadpole event, can trial accounts access the place where the event will be held? if thats a yes, then anyone can create a temp account (no CC or anything needed) and a temp char.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
For all of those who are confused about the 5mil rule. There will be a section strictly for items worth 5mil and over and there will be another section for the other items so don't get upset! :thumbup:

T

ThaliumUO

I would love to get a vendor, if available.

Thankyou
-Alexis

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so let me get this strait, you can either get a vendor where items have to be worth or bundled to 5mil each or higher or get a vendor in another section where we can sell items at any price?

sign me up[ for a non 5mil vendor

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We seem to be confused about the vendor placement:

Let me clarify: Luna style vendors ( you can sell anything) are in the town square or back alley as we call it

Vendors with Rares and or event items only (5 million and up) are in the main house

Now ... that being said- we all realize AOS clothing, candles of love etc dont make the 5 mil mark-but are considered a collectors item and will be allowed in the main house
There is a color coded system in place-for protection (red goza under the vendors feet-you better correct the problem)

Dont be fooled by the back alley-it will all be part of this fest- and traversed by many-Toad Town is that large and a gate from Luna will be opened for easy access-there is also a teleporter house that is linked to the rest of Atlantic and includes a teleporter to dungeons and cities I have also asked Mesanna for a temporary stable master
If you still cant wrapped your head around this- PM me i will help clarify further