Atlantic Maintenance and House Resizing

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buddy Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2004
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions. Does anybody know if Atlantic when down for maintenance last night? I'm mostly wondering about Masanna's comment in her letter about the resizing issue and that we should wait until after server maintenance.

I finally managed to find a good spot last night that I really liked. But due to some competition and placement tool timeout issues I ended up placing a plot a little smaller than what could actually fit so that I could be sure to get the spot.

Now I would like to try and maximize the plot size but I don't want to loose it due to some issue. Does anybody know what the actual issue is with resizing? Will it not allow me to place a house (i.e. does the 7 day timer take effect) or does it just not reserve the spot for an hour? Or is it something totally different?

Thanks

Buddy

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 11, 2009
Britain, Felucca, Great Lakes
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions. Does anybody know if Atlantic when down for maintenance last night? I'm mostly wondering about Masanna's comment in her letter about the resizing issue and that we should wait until after server maintenance.

I finally managed to find a good spot last night that I really liked. But due to some competition and placement tool timeout issues I ended up placing a plot a little smaller than what could actually fit so that I could be sure to get the spot.

Now I would like to try and maximize the plot size but I don't want to loose it due to some issue. Does anybody know what the actual issue is with resizing? Will it not allow me to place a house (i.e. does the 7 day timer take effect) or does it just not reserve the spot for an hour? Or is it something totally different?

Thanks

Buddy

I believe there was/is an issue when people immediately try to re-size after placing. I have seen many people re-size the same day but they have waited a few hours before doing so. I have also seen players attempt to re-size immediately and lose their plot.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
If you have a house in decay, I would do something with it before you resize. I recently waited for my 7 day timer to expire before I resized, then after I resized it too small, it would not let me agin. I get the you have recently placed or traded a house and need to wait xxx hours. The system is bugged for sure!!

If your in a high desire area that will hold a castle or keep, be very careful. There are many greedy people in this game who have no honor, and they will exploit the system for personal gain. Call instantly if they try to block your replacement, Mesanna has put a high priority tag on this type of behavior.

Buddy Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2004
Thanks for the reply's, all is well and done now. It was not really a highly desirable area but I liked it because it's water front property and not anything close to castle or keep size. Just switched from 13x18 to 16x18 which is as big as will fit unless my new neighbor decides to demolish his castle.

I was actually quite exited to get this spot. Seeing the initial plot pop up and knowing I had the spot was probably one of the most exciting moments since returning to the game. I really like that being able to place larger houses now is actually a possibility with a little bit of time spent wandering around and looking. Hopefully that won't change too much after all the IDOC's are done. But considering that the last time I tried to place a house at an IDOC it was all out war over a 7x7 spot. Where entire guilds showed up to battle over the spot. This was a breeze.