• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Faction Event.

• Thread starter Winder UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Winder UO

In the start of March there will be a faction revival on Atlantic shard. Alot of shards have tried to get the faction community up and running again, but due to bugs and low population/interrest its failed most of the times.

This time all players from all shards are invited to join in on the fun for a week or two on the atlantic shard. If its successful enough im guessing it will keep running aswell. However you can read for yourself and make up your mind on

http://www.hot-guild.com/faction/

G

I read a little about this and it sounds cool.

I´m strongly considering x-sharding my archer to Atlantic to participate in this. Although I know absolutely nada about factions and super-suck at PVP it would be fun to experience a full royal rumble out on the fields...
After all, I play on Siege as well so I´m not a stranger to dying.

Guess I´ll just have to read up on the whole faction thing now...

G

I'd really like to see a good European turnout for this event.
If anyone from Europa is interested and can train a character there or transfer one I'll do what I can to help get sorted out for it, due to the fact we'll likely be outnumbered I imagine most of us joining the same faction so don't worry about not having a ton of friends who are interested or a good PvP guild to back you up.

G

This sounds interesting i'll give it a go, though i doubt i will be much use.
I guess most of the long time Atlantics will be all ubered out.
*goes off to start a char on Atlantic*

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan on transfering either a mage or a ninja myself, will be glad to meet up with euro players there cause I don't know anyone on Atlantic. Us all joining in the same faction would be nice.

W

Winder UO

Our guild will be xfering reds. Due to the fact that most of us dont really have any pvp'able blues. We'll be joining a faction with no gz. Probably Minax. All EU guilds are welcome to join us. Hit me up on icq 272-505-883.

G

Ill be there on my Macer sadly as i wanna keep mage on EU. (main char)

ALlready PMed Noxin about guild.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twenty quid for there-and-back transfer tokens sounds like a reasonable investment.

I'll add a legendary deathrobe collector to Team Europa, (and ask some others.)

G

There's room for anyone and everyone, it would be great to have you along Nico. The only real requirement is the ability to take a dirtnap and not get upset about it, we're going to have a disadvantage with ping which is going to show, especially in any big number fight. It could prove to be frustrating.

for encouraging drivel, keep reading!
With that in mind, it's all a bit of fun, I can't remember an event of such scale being proposed before. I certainly expect to die horribly and embaressingly plenty of times, if I can suffer such damaging blows to my ego I'm sure anyone else can, the spirit of factions was never about individual skill, it played a part, but there was room for everyone. Even if someone was the worst PvPer there is (you're not he plays on Drachs and is called Corbin) you can still use a bola, or lay down faction defenses.
I think it'll be a great experience, I'm going to try and find some time to transfer my first character over next week to start getting setup. So I should be able to lend a hand if anyone needs to train a character up.

G

£20 there AND back?
This i was unaware of, i thought it was £20 each way.
Now we're talking, perhaps i'll dust off my mage and transfer over.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

£20 there AND back?
This i was unaware of, i thought it was £20 each way.
Now we're talking, perhaps i'll dust off my mage and transfer over.

[/ QUOTE ]

UO sell x-fer tokens for $19.99 - that's less than a tenner at the moment

There will be a currency exchange fee imposed by my bank, but that won't bump the price up too much.

G

Oh of course, i see your point, i forget we're dealing in dollars here.
Isn't $20 like 12 pence at the moment?

R

Raj-Europa

Bah cant post on your forum winder...... just putting my name in the hat be good to get some action serving lady minax again.
Im taking over a mage/thief and my crafter too so atleast we have repairs sorted.
FYI im currently the minax thief john west before that puppis also minax both in 555 core.
Im collecting resources to take thought regs both necro/mage crafting resources billions of bandies and im gonna make a cook to so ill do apples etc, if there is anything else you need me to make or take gimmie a yell.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When will this event take place? Havent been playing for quite some time but this could be worth a shot!
How much does Xfer tokens cost in UO gold now days?

I

Imhotletscybr

I´m thinking about x-fering, sounds like fun and since I didn´t play during Eu factions I wanna experience it thou I suck.

/sign
Illuminati [BoA]

W

Winder UO

Everyone is welcome to join us. The american guilds all have more people than the UCH alliance, so we need a good few people to mount an offense.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I´m thinking about x-fering, sounds like fun and since I didn´t play during Eu factions I wanna experience it thou I suck.

/sign
Illuminati [BoA]

[/ QUOTE ]Cool! Help me convince Av/Morgy &amp; Leila to come along!

G

Oh, fortunately deathrobe grey suits me.

I was defending the decidedly death and pet unfriendly crypts for SL some years ago. It was pre-munchkin so a good 5yrs easily.

I'm in - will xfer a tamer in the next week or so.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I'd really like to see a good European turnout for this event.
If anyone from Europa is interested and can train a character there or transfer one I'll do what I can to help get sorted out for it, due to the fact we'll likely be outnumbered I imagine most of us joining the same faction so don't worry about not having a ton of friends who are interested or a good PvP guild to back you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I want to report on this from a Europa perspective but obviously it all depends on time difference etc etc.

Im not going to x-shard though [only have one character in UO and due to a soul stone accident has nerfed his 120 healing down to 57] - will make a new character on Atlantic and just run around in deathrobes a lot and hopefully bug/amuse people on party chat =)

Is anyone going to set up a time for a meet in Atlantic so I can take a few pics pre battle/campaign?

Who is our leader?

What is the faction?