• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Down

X

xempathy

So that sucks. I lost conn and now it looks like Atlantic is down. I was fighting an Ancient Wyrm too.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not like they didn't warn you about 50 times in the last 20-30 minutes before the shard went down.

X

xempathy

I know. I know. I thought I had enough time to finish it up.

C

Connor_Graham

So why is Atlantic down and none of the other shards?

L

Lord Drakelord

So that sucks. I lost conn and now it looks like Atlantic is down. I was fighting an Ancient Wyrm too.
Atlantic Is Being Restarted
Jeremy Dalberg
18 Aug 2008 16:06:06

The Atlantic server is being taken down and restarted. It should go down shortly, and will be brought back up immediately afterward - the total downtime should be no more than about 15 minutes.

seem she posted

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anddddd we're back!

Atlantic suffered a short downtime when, unexpectedly, Skara Brae rose up against her sister cities and had to be put down.

Violently.

With fire.

L

Lord Drakelord

Anddddd we're back!

Atlantic suffered a short downtime when, unexpectedly, Skara Brae rose up against her sister cities and had to be put down.

Violently.

With fire.
And is it safe to travel over and look?

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anddddd we're back!

Violently.

With fire.
So duping is that deeply seeded huh? Even the NPCs are involved..

C

concernedplayer

Anddddd we're back!

Violently.

With fire.
Ok so fire is like the catchphrase EA is using to deal with dupers. I'm guessing atlantic was taken down to delete more duped items, and the spiel about skara brae being put down is unrelated roleplayish banter mixed in to confuse the dupers, as well as everyone else. :confused:

A

AesSedai

Yeah.

I did look at the atlas on uo.com and saw that Skara Brae is noted as a seafaring community. Other than that, the last I heard of any odd fire in atlantic was a thread that smip started a few days ago. Hrmmm...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one that got out of this that it was just something wrong with the subsever Skara is on or what? It happens.

S

Sarphus

Ok so fire is like the catchphrase EA is using to deal with dupers. I'm guessing atlantic was taken down to delete more duped items, and the spiel about skara brae being put down is unrelated roleplayish banter mixed in to confuse the dupers, as well as everyone else. :confused:
What's there for a duper to be confused about? They go to log on and find out they're banned. That's pretty straight forward :)

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I could have sworn i had 200k spring points on Atlantic (already turned in, ready to select prize) and when i logged in and turned in more junk, only had 40k. Can anyone confirm if points got reset? Thanks

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I could have sworn i had 200k spring points on Atlantic (already turned in, ready to select prize) and when i logged in and turned in more junk, only had 40k. Can anyone confirm if points got reset? Thanks
Points are, as you know, bound to each character, so I think your most points are on other character(s).

L

Lord Kynd

Yeah.

I did look at the atlas on uo.com and saw that Skara Brae is noted as a seafaring community. Other than that, the last I heard of any odd fire in atlantic was a thread that smip started a few days ago. Hrmmm...
that is kinda funny.
every since i can rememeber skera is considered the tamers town. prolly because of bank and stables being so close.