• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic down?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will there be a revert ?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does this happen? Seriously, why? Cheaters? Bad shard, what?? Bad code, bad what? Storms???? ugh

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My theory is that the dupers use it to transfer from one shard to the other and with the revert they have the char on both shards

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My theory is that the dupers use it to transfer from one shard to the other and with the revert they have the char on both shards

It should be easy to check content of transfer Chars. The question is why should Atlantic be part of thoose crashes?
If I were they I would choose low populate shards to do transfer dupes.
If I were BS I would turn of vendor search for a week to check if this has todo with crashes. Or I would look into log files.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they are adding Easter items

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If only they had done something years ago they wouldn't be having so many issues now!

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes me think that even if we did get a rush of new players that the staff and servers wouldnt be able to handle it anyways.
I doubt we will ever get much new players with the state of the 2 clients... Be lucky to keep the current players and maybe get some returning ones.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to stop transfers 2hrs before server goes down and 2 hrs after it comes back. This will stop the server transfer dupes that happens just about every time you transfer right before server goes down.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to stop transfers 2hrs before server goes down and 2 hrs after it comes back. This will stop the server transfer dupes that happens just about every time you transfer right before server goes down.
What is the source of such suggestion?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt we will ever get much new players with the state of the 2 clients... Be lucky to keep the current players and maybe get some returning ones.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Take a look at luna bank and stables on Atlantic then take a look at brit bank. Luna looks like brit bank from back in the day. And durning busy time brit bank looks like a slow day from back then. Last night counted 100 at luna and 25 at brit bank.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so if you transfer to atl and it reverts, can lose all your stuff? right? its happened to me before.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so if you transfer to atl and it reverts, can lose all your stuff? right? its happened to me before.
It depends what phase the transfer is in. If it was still copying your items on the original shard, nothing happens, it'll just go back before the transfer happened. If it was on the Atlantic side but not fully loaded yet then yes it's possible to lose your stuff, sometimes the GM's can fix it. The most irritating though is when it's halfway between each shard still, which causes the transfer to never end. It locks you out of both shards permanently with a "transfer in progress" message, which makes both shards unplayable entirely on that account. It's happened to me a few times, and you just have to keep paging on random other shards until you find a GM who knows how to fix it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
2 times in under an hour... impressive!

What's the deal with only ATL crashing so much? I've noticed a ton more people back in UO with the whole pandemic going on; is it that the server can't handle it or is it because duping or something (I think this happened a while ago too where a period of time ATL kept going down because people were duping)?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the idiots are coming to LS. But I like messing with idiots.

Yes Atlantic has been packed. I would bet that is the cause.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think BS no pun intended (thought it was always funny becasue there name is Broadsword) needs to update the system. I dont think it can handle the inflex of people durning this time. I believe its geting overloaded with people. Might have to go back to the log in qu there was back in the day. Where if there where to many people you had to wait.