• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Deceit Lvl 2 @ 3am (Just For Fun)

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was bored so I took a noob gearless char over to Atlantic Deceit to go die and wander around to see what the spawn was like. At 3am the first floor was literally crawling with people. 2nd, 3rd have like 1 person - why lol. First floor full of bots? But check these 2nd floor screenshots out lol. So many mobs you almost cannot see them all.

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This room is often full with monsters. A dexxer may have problems if disarmed and the room is full. I like to open it with a mage and then kill The flood at the door and empty the room with my dexxer.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This room is often full with monsters. A dexxer may have problems if disarmed and the room is full. I like to open it with a mage and then kill The flood at the door and empty the room with my dexxer.
One guy was gonna try it, but then decided not to, lol. I would have. I did it all the time in Hythloth. I may die 3 or 4 times, but I would break the room no matter what. It just a game after all.

What is with the fact that on the first floor (noob floor) there were dozens of people, but 2 & 3 only literally 1 or 2 people per floor full of spawn....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One guy was gonna try it, but then decided not to, lol. I would have. I did it all the time in Hythloth. I may die 3 or 4 times, but I would break the room no matter what. It just a game after all.

What is with the fact that on the first floor (noob floor) there were dozens of people, but 2 & 3 only literally 1 or 2 people per floor full of spawn....
Easy pickings? That's all I can think of for that lopsidedness.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
But on ATL this is a room with all doors closed. This is why mobs are piling there. This is also why lvl 2 has less people. EM s don't care to fix what mess they do during events.

Same with LVL 4 on Asuka : all mobs from that level are in last room only 1 person have runes to

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But on ATL this is a room with all doors closed. This is why mobs are piling there. This is also why lvl 2 has less people. EM s don't care to fix what mess they do during events.

Same with LVL 4 on Asuka : all mobs from that level are in last room only 1 person have runes to
I just watched 2 people open both doors in that room and kill all the mobs. It was interesting lol. On Atlantic. But when I click on the doors as a ghost, it says the doors are locked. So an EM locked them? We have a set of double doors in the hall leading to the lich lord room in which one is locked and the other is not. Same thing I guess. I am not a fan of the EM's screwing up stuff like that. There are many places on my server where they turned off being able to mark a rune in one facet around a single building for some event and never turned it back on. I hate when they leave stuff like that behind.

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just watched 2 people open both doors in that room and kill all the mobs. It was interesting lol. On Atlantic. But when I click on the doors as a ghost, it says the doors are locked. So an EM locked them? We have a set of double doors in the hall leading to the lich lord room in which one is locked and the other is not. Same thing I guess. I am not a fan of the EM's screwing up stuff like that. There are many places on my server where they turned off being able to mark a rune in one facet around a single building for some event and never turned it back on. I hate when they leave stuff like that behind.
You can unlock the doors with magic unlock or a lock pick.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a total guess here but the entry way on floor 1 is pretty easy to bounce around and get credit for kills. For new players it's close to the exit if they become overwhelmed (or need a rez). Another reason could be that someone with minimal coding skills could probably create a rail relatively easy to just circle that hallway without worrying about doors etc or getting stuck and the fact that others are there means any paragons should be pretty easy. If they set it up to be AFK (and had more coding skills) they could add something in to walk to the healer upon death (I've literally watched a few ghosts walk to the healer instead of run which seemed kind of odd).

Mostly speculation there but one of the few times I died in Deceit was in the crypt on level 4 (Ram room I think?) after a well timed disarm and a couple paragons.... I made it to level 3 teleporter before finding someone to rez me... that walk would definitely suck going from level 4 to the entrance.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just a total guess here but the entry way on floor 1 is pretty easy to bounce around and get credit for kills. For new players it's close to the exit if they become overwhelmed (or need a rez). Another reason could be that someone with minimal coding skills could probably create a rail relatively easy to just circle that hallway without worrying about doors etc or getting stuck and the fact that others are there means any paragons should be pretty easy. If they set it up to be AFK (and had more coding skills) they could add something in to walk to the healer upon death (I've literally watched a few ghosts walk to the healer instead of run which seemed kind of odd).

Mostly speculation there but one of the few times I died in Deceit was in the crypt on level 4 (Ram room I think?) after a well timed disarm and a couple paragons.... I made it to level 3 teleporter before finding someone to rez me... that walk would definitely suck going from level 4 to the entrance.
That walk sucks! And as a Tamer, when you have done the walk you can summon your DEAD pet to res :wall:

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Another way to deal with locked area's might be to die, enter, sacrifice res, and mark a rune, but would be much better if the EM's simply left things as they found them.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or be prepare before the Event Start. Also on df you can walk to the lich Lord room without using lockpicking.