• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Community Spirit entry

Lamorak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how workable this would be, but I just wanted to share it with everyone. I was thinking about a framework that focuses upon input from the rest of the gaming community on the shard. In other words, players can award positive social points to a guild that does things for the community, kind of like a report card. So, if a guild hosts an enjoyable event, the other players can reward that guild with points, that when accumulated provides them with perks, bonuses (luck, extra resources from mining/lumberjacking, crafting bonuses), eye-candy visuals, special temporary deco, or some sort of spawn token. This would generate incentives for players to do more for the community. Conversely, there might be a way to award demerits to abusive or disruptive players. I'm sure that most people are thinking that something like this can be abused to punish innocent players. However, I was suggesting a certain minimum number of negative hits(say 10, for example) within a period of time(3 minutes?). If that individual is a member of a guild, then that guild will lose a social point per incident and the guild will be notified of the offending player and take action against the offender. If the guild is affected, then we might see more guilds policing negative behavior themselves. Who knows? I think it would be interesting to have some sort of metric that tracks a guilds popularity with the community and offers a form of positive reinforcement. I think this is a good start for creating an exchange between players that encourages groups to interact instead of isolating themselves within a guild and excluding outside interaction with others. The way this might fit in with the hub, is that this could be a nexus where a lot of these exchanges might happen, or to create a sort of an "open-house", where players can view if houses in a player community are currently occupied(see if they're at home), and travel there directly for a visit. Maybe, there can be usable objects at the hub that generate bonuses when 2 or more individuals are collaborating. That would provide an incentive for going there in the first place as opposed to training your skills at home. I haven't worked out specifically how social award donation points would be generated. Maybe, they would receive accumulate 1-2 per day with some maximum cutoff number.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I would love to see community contributions recognized and rewarded! :)