• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Community Spirit Contest entry

Z

zorrah

My entry for the Atlantic Community Spirit Contest consists of bag art and community outreach. I set my first bags out in major traffic areas tonight, and will continue to do so each night for the remainder of the week. The bags look something like this:

(I say "something like this" because I'm making these by hand, so if you see one that looks a bit less neat, please have mercy!)

The bag contains books with an invitation to support the community center proposal by visiting and commenting on the original post (http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atla...nity-center-proposal-please-read-comment.html), as well as runes to Goodman's Rune Library and a description of where to find runes for player-run establishments in the library.

The text of the book is as follows:

A Call to Mesanna
by Jasinthe

Greetings!

Many servers have elements of their environment which are unique to that shard; areas which have been blessed or implemented by UO staff to acknowledge player-run establishments. These communities are designed to help to supplement the experience of the new, returning, or veteran player who is looking for something new. From Baja's player-run and EM-assisted militia to various dedicated buildings and sites across the shards, UO staff has consistently shown dedication to ensuring that player-run communities are not only sustained, but thrive and grow.

Atlantic is looking to create a community center to be a focal point for player-run communities. The community center will be multi-purpose: a teleportation hub will allow players to easily travel to the various existing player-run communities, the building(s) will serve as a central meeting place for players to come together for events and activites, and act as a resource center for interested players to share stories, work together, and assist new and returning players. To this end, the Atlantic community is reaching out to Mesanna with a proposal to make this center a reality.

Please take a moment and visit the community center proposal thread on Stratics at http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic/251060-atlantic-community-center-proposal-please-read-comment.html to share your thoughts and support for this endeavor, as well as find out more about the proposed features of the center.

And if you're interested in exploring Atlantic's player-run communities, use the rune found in this bag to travel to Goodman's Rune Library. On the second floor, there is a bright pink book on the floor which has runes to some of the existing player-run establishments and player-run towns. While you are there, check out the red and white books immediately as you enter the second floor to visit various unique and blessed locations on Atlantic. Also, on the front steps of the building you will find a dark green runebook with runes to various player-run taverns on Atlantic. If traveling isn't an easy task for you, you may also head west from the library and find the Society of the Blue Crane across the street, which features house teleport pads so you can instantly teleport to various player-run establishments around the world.

Thank you for taking time to support our proposal. Your interest is appreciated, and thank you most of all for being part of what makes Atlantic such a great shard to play!

Thank you to the organizers of this contest--as a relatively new player to Atlantic, I learned a lot about the player-run communities on the shard while working on my entry and actually had fun in the process :)