• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Atlantic Community Center Project: Suggestions Needed

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello everyone,

Since I've recently closed down my museum, the in town Atlantic Luna house which housed it is now lacking a purpose. Before it was a museum, it was a community center, which contained anything that could be set to public so the Atlantic community had an easy to access spot to use anything they needed. I'd like to return it to that original purpose, however so much has been added to the game in the last 10-15 years I'm not entirely sure what the community would want it to have, and what's possible to put in it.

The goal is to have absolutely everything in the game that has a useful purpose to the public, sparing no expense (although item donations would of course be welcomed!).

What would you want to have in an Atlantic community center, and what would be helpful to new/returning players?

Things that are currently there:
- All 16 types of dye tub with dyes (the legal to own ones at least)
- Crystal Portal
- Corrupted Crystal Portal
- Moonstone Crystal
- Serpent's Jawbone
- Hitching Post
- Commodity Deed Box
- Small Soul Forge
- Anvil
- Forge
- Loom
- Water Trough
- Stone Oven
- Pickpocket Dip
- 10th Anniversary Sculpture (Luck Statue)
- Complete Dawn's Music Box
- Complete Golden Harpsichord
- 66 rental vendors, all free to the public
- 6 rented auction safes, all free to the public
- A teleport hub to other houses, including the Acropolis Auction House for community auctions
- A complete set of shard shields which I'll gladly use to transfer items for free upon request
- Ankh of Sacrifice (the one that resurrects dead people)
- Repair Bench

Things I plan to add:
- All the rest of the veteran reward crafting tools that go along with the repair bench
- A rune library
- Sets of imbued starter armor that can be viewed but not looted/griefed, which I'll gladly give away to anyone upon request

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lockpicking training boxes
Pickpocket Dip
Stealth training "treadmill"
Silly little luck statue... I forget what it's called

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lockpicking training boxes
Pickpocket Dip
Stealth training "treadmill"
Silly little luck statue... I forget what it's called
Does the stealth training treadmill work with vet reward house teleporters, or only the ones built into the house? I can’t remodel the house since all vendors would have to be dropped but vet rewards I can definitely do.

Awesome suggestions, I appreciate it!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does the stealth training treadmill work with vet reward house teleporters, or only the ones built into the house? I can’t remodel the house since all vendors would have to be dropped but vet rewards I can definitely do.

Awesome suggestions, I appreciate it!
Typically I use the ones built into the house because I am poor, I imagine you can use the vet reward ones. The point is to be able to walk in one direction indefinitely.

Here is the post where I go into the details of how this works:

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some possibles:
-Advanced training dummy
-Beverage machine and grinder
-Distillery
-Remove trap puzzles

Nero

Journeyman