• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

At the risk of being flamed into oblivion...

U

_Uriah Heep_

After reading the TC1 has been updated thread, and seeing this:
At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure

is 120 the skill level now being used as the basis for the game? This isn't how it was designed, and this isn't what we were told when Powerscrolls were introduced into the game.

Grandmaster should be the basis for all computations, the goal, the target. Anything over that, as I said before, should be bonuses and gravy

Sooo, the burning question, if 120 is NOW the basis for everything, are we gonna see scrolls introduced in ilshenar and tok? Or, are we gonna continue the trend of making the Zerg guilds rich with their monopolies...

Just asking, and would like to see a serious, well thought out *honest* answer among the flames I know are coming.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After reading the TC1 has been updated thread, and seeing this:
At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure

is 120 the skill level now being used as the basis for the game? This isn't how it was designed, and this isn't what we were told when Powerscrolls were introduced into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with this. Most of us only wish we could get 120 magery on all of our mages.

I

imported_archite666

Come to Siege Perilous, where you can actually DO champs and get scrolls, I never got any 120 till I came here, Now I have 5X mage, who only needs Eval, not bad. lots of fun here.

Join Siege Perilous! Its the the place to be!
To loot
To kill
and most of all,
To be all we can Be!

S

Sindris

Been saying this for years. Its not fair to make casual players jump through pvp hoops to attain maximum skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Come to Siege Perilous, where you can actually DO champs and get scrolls, I never got any 120 till I came here, Now I have 5X mage, who only needs Eval, not bad. lots of fun here.

Join Siege Perilous! Its the the place to be!
To loot
To kill
and most of all,
To be all we can Be!

[/ QUOTE ]
I would but I am afraid kelmo will think I am stalking him...

B

BadManiac

Another thing to consider, aside from the obviously flawed powerscroll distribution system, is 120 magery will now be REQUIRED for all group PvM tamers (120 magery will actually not be enough at these new cure percentages, but that's a different thing altogether). I don't know about you guys, but as far as I know most tamer templates are already quite full, where am I going to magically get another 20 spare skillpoints from?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

Not to be the stick in the mud... but, isn't 120 the cap?

This is crying about spilt milk... it happened and anyone who believed that it wouldn't had some pretty thick blinders on at the time.

120 is what your aiming for... no matter how you look at it. If you want it, then go get it.

PvPers could complain about having to hunt monsters, do non-PvP things in order to PvP... this is a game after all and all aspects of this game need to be interconnected in some way.

You want the powerscrolls? Go out and get them or go out and save the gold to get them. Either way, the only reason you don't have them is you.

I

imported_Ozymandies

I agree. Since ML, the bosses have 110+ skills. It is time to end the monopoly. Everyone wants this system or that updated, but not PvP champ spawns, the rewards are just fine thank you.

OZ

S

Sindris

If it were that easy everyone WOULD have 120 scrolls. Fact is, scrolls are pretty much the only endgame item that REQUIRES you to pvp. So tell ya what, I say we give scrolls to the trammel based champ spawns and then we'll tell YOU to get over it. It is just a game after all.

G

Ha, I'm not stopping myself from getting the scrolls, its the cheating hacking reds with script cams that are stopping me. I could solo the champ spawn up if I don't get raided.

D

davebobbit

Having been flooded with all the previously rare arties and other items such as we have recently, it wouldnt suprise me if power scrolls do end up going the same way.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

is 120 the skill level now being used as the basis for the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no skill level basis for the game, you play how you want. Powerscrolls are not required. A noob in all artys is still a noob and a skilled player will still kick his ass, same with powerscrolls.

<blockquote><hr>

Grandmaster should be the basis for all computations, the goal, the target. Anything over that, as I said before, should be bonuses and gravy .

[/ QUOTE ]
It is. In fact less than GM allows you to cast circle 8 spells. Anything over is success chance. Don't be fooled by the Arch Cure at 120 debate that is based around PvP, PvPers will use every skill point in the right place. (because they know what it does)

<blockquote><hr>

Sooo, the burning question, if 120 is NOW the basis for everything

[/ QUOTE ]
It isn't, it's the basis of SOME skills in PvP where you want to maximize your equality to your likely opponents.

<blockquote><hr>

are we gonna see scrolls introduced in ilshenar and tok?

[/ QUOTE ]
And make fel even emptier? I hope not. Alacrity scrolls were suggested for the ilsh/malas/tok spawns.

<blockquote><hr>

Or, are we gonna continue the trend of making the Zerg guilds rich with their monopolies...

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing stopping anyone getting powerscrolls is their own perspective. Considering powerscrolls are the only thing fel has tossing the word monopolies around is a bit naieve. (especially considering their not required)

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Go out and get them " /pretty much what he's getting at, no?

"save the gold to get them." /If you're insinuating from a pvp, then you're sidestepping the concept of the post.

"the only reason you don't have them is you."/ Again, you fail to comprehend,.....basically, players do not have to interact with other aspects of the game, yet, to make the pvp side happy, we are forced to.

Buy one,(lets just say)...for how many millions?? Sorry, but guess what?
One players pocket change can be a fortune to another. Some players have lives, or not to sit on their keister for endless hours, which is detremental to your health.

All in all, pvp shouldn't have to contend with pvm and the other way around.

Finally, you're final comment and it's aura are a serious reason why alot don't want to pvp.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I find that many people who don't PvP have tried it once with little to no setup/thought failed against someone who PvP's regularly and is setup to the max and written all of PvP off as an elitist club for speedhackers/scripters/cheaters etc.

I also think many people don't need scrolls but think they do.

You don't have to invest millions, or spend your whole life on UO to join a champ spawn guild, learn how to play fel and get powerscrolls for your characters that way. Writing off champ spawn guilds as zergs is silly when your proposing putting them in Ilsh/Malas/Tokuno so that non fel guilds can zerg/gank them.

G

*chuckles* The 120 thing is screwing us all. It throws every thing off. RoT? Please. The power scrolls were created by a team long ago. This Dev team has to deal with it.

Yes, folks can win them or buy them. The point is we need to reconcile the rules deal with the fact that 120 is the max. Any code that thinks GM is good enough is wrong.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

If it were that easy everyone WOULD have 120 scrolls. Fact is, scrolls are pretty much the only endgame item that REQUIRES you to pvp. So tell ya what, I say we give scrolls to the trammel based champ spawns and then we'll tell YOU to get over it. It is just a game after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it was easy?

I said in order to beat this game (in terms of possible skill values) you need to get powerscrolls...

Why should that be easy?

G

I agree, setting the bar with 120 magery is crazy. I have 3 active accounts all of which have 2 or 3 mages on them and only ONE is scrolled to 120. 3 are at 115 and the rest are 110 or GM. A 120 scroll cost 15-20 Million and now my main Mage who's a bard and PVM's only will not be as effective as he was. He leads our alliance on hunts to do peerless, Ish &amp; Tokuno champs and other dungeons. This change to Arch Cure is gonna be a major issue when doing Dreadhorn, Parox, Serado, just to name a few. Most mages who pvm are not Legendary, most are 110 or lower and under this new formula a GM Mage (who by the way has 100 points invested) only has a 20% chance to cure. And as to the 100 points in poison skill is bull since most PVPer's lock it at 80 or 85 using the higher magery to get the 200 points required. Ninja's don't even need the skill, just buy or have someone make the Deadly Poison Shurikens for them.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

"the only reason you don't have them is you."/ Again, you fail to comprehend,.....basically, players do not have to interact with other aspects of the game, yet, to make the pvp side happy, we are forced to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you failed to comprehend that you need to interact with others in order to achieve success in this game.

Maybe you failed to comprehend that this is a multi-player game.

Players should have to interact with every aspect of this game... from needing player crafters for armor and stocks to the hunter who supplies the gold to the rate limiter known as the pk and the noto's that keep them in check. Where a players virtues are expressed in their in game behavior.

It's called Britannia... welcome to it.

C

Cowgoesmoo

Maybe they should change the way 120 works instead.

Make it so that everyone can get to 120 with items but can only take their real skill to 100 unless they get a scroll.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you have failed to realize that Fel champs ARE indeed camped by usually huge Fel guilds and give absolutely NOBODY else a chance to get them. I have heard that some shards are different but FL has Pac pretty much wrapped around its finger for powerscrolls.

Don't believe me check the prices as compared to Pacific. Scroll inflation is very much a problem and the only way to viably combat it is to actually join one of these cheating hacking zerg guilds.

If your not paying the rent with the sale of powerscrolls, then why would you care? Your telling me that pvp revolves around powerscrolls? An ITEM? AN ITEM! Be still my heart.

I thought they did it because it's fun. I guess most the fooshies are really wrong then.

There is also the fact that NOBODY is keeping you from farming arties in Doom. Comparing powerscrolls to arties would only work if all us trammies blocked off the entrance to Doom with pixies and fire steeds, keeping all the fooshies from entering. We could then consume large amounts of honey and waffles and sit around singing Coom-by-ya while the fooshies complained about it on the boards. It would need nerfed, cuz its overpowered. Think before posting pls. kthx

Think about what this will make Dreadhorn like. Ugh.

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles* The 120 thing is screwing us all. It throws every thing off. RoT? Please. The power scrolls were created by a team long ago. This Dev team has to deal with it.

Yes, folks can win them or buy them. The point is we need to reconcile the rules deal with the fact that 120 is the max. Any code that thinks GM is good enough is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the problems are :
- the absurdity of going from knowing a skill at 100% to knowing a skill at 120%
- the limit of skill points stayed 700 (720 for vets), yet it became necessary to go to 120 : clearly players are asked to toss a skill
- the lack of things to do for a lot of skills below GM already

I don't want to ask to remove powrescroll even if they piss me off, because it must be the last goal in PvP nowadays : control of the champs. Otherwise PvP in UO is deathmatch only, which makes it the worst game to PvP.
However, something needs to be done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

then we'll tell YOU to get over it. It is just a game after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate thread trolling but this was a sweet thing to hear.. I PvP on over 10 shards. Other than the rampid cheating it's a blast. I often hear (or read rather) on here how the "cheaters" scream this as their mantra. "It's a game get over it" You know what I pay to play this game on the rules that have been set in place that all playing persons "AGREE" to. These players jump on and do as they please and disrupting the game flow for non-cheaters all the while screaming "It's only a game get over it".
Take away some of their cheating ability and all of a sudden the cheaters are the ones cry for things to go back so they may resume their cheating ways.

5% Luck

Throwing the poisoner a bone is not by any means a conversation about champ spawns or skill limits or any of that. It just this The poisoner has been under the weather for a long while now and FINALLY they have the place they should have always had!

That said maybe the JoaT bonus should be nerfed a bit as 5 mana repeatedly is a bit low of a cost for such a powerfull tool. And belive me poisoning has no PS and its still harder to gm then it is to legendary a mage X4

J

J0KING

Reading through the posts, I would have to agree.

If I remember correctly, it was a perk to have 120 magery, not a necessity. Champ spawns are generally controlled by a few guilds, taking away the opportunity for other players to play them.

Actually, if you want to give the opportunity to the non PvP community... make the an area instanced. The fight then can be getting into the area... This way the guilds that want to control the spawn... can. However, if they are slacking that night and a group gets in they dont get disrupted when they are about to summon the champ.

Just a thought