• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] At 110 tailoring, how to take it to 120 with just cloth?

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have about 60,000 - 70,000 cloth left over from going to 110 tailoring, and instead of using hides, I was wondering if someone knew the best method of taking Tailoring from 110 - 120 without using leather.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Without SA, you can get to 115 with cloth ninja hoods, IIRC, but gains are slow. The rest has to be leather.

If you have SA, you can skip the ninja hoods, and go to gargish cloth stuff (especially kilts) directly from oil cloth.

Do note that unlike everything else a Tailor makes, the gargoyle cloth armor starts at 0% success chance, NOT 50%.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara,

Thank you -- i'll start making those gargish chests...... *smiles*

Y

Yen Sid

I'm sorry but Stratics is quite wrong with the Gargish Cloth Armor. I'm at 105.9 tailoring (this is my first time starting a tailor) and I only have a 46% chance to craft Gargish Cloth Kilts. With the use of talis I have been able to stay in the 40-60% success chance range without having to use leather once and I will be able to get to 120 I think without using leather which is great. Someone needs to look into the exact #'s for the stratics page though because it was very confusing to see what to craft when the #'s were wrong lol.

J

[JD]

i have SA, what should i make at 102 skill? i've eaten a 120 ps. ive been doing oil cloths but i think it says 100% success chance and gains have slowed SO MUCH...... i made like 300 the other day without a single gain

thanks

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have SA, what should i make at 102 skill? i've eaten a 120 ps. ive been doing oil cloths but i think it says 100% success chance and gains have slowed SO MUCH...... i made like 300 the other day without a single gain

thanks
I haven't skilled up a tailor since around Mondain's Legacy's release, so it's been awhile. What you need to do is go into the tailoring menu and search for cloth pieces where the success chance for you is between 45-65%. This success chance range will give good gains. Once you reach the 70-80% success chance range gains slow down a lot. When you reach greater than 70% success chance then switch to a more difficult piece to craft. That's pretty much the way training skill works for all crafts.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After looking at the Gargish cloth armor, I'd suggest finding a +20% normal bonus talisman and crafting either of the cloth kilts. Start there then remove the talisman when you reach the 70-75% adjusted success chance.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yen, I'll check it out. I believe the calculator was based on data from Beta, and may not have been updated.

J

[JD]

I haven't skilled up a tailor since around Mondain's Legacy's release, so it's been awhile. What you need to do is go into the tailoring menu and search for cloth pieces where the success chance for you is between 45-65%. This success chance range will give good gains. Once you reach the 70-80% success chance range gains slow down a lot. When you reach greater than 70% success chance then switch to a more difficult piece to craft. That's pretty much the way training skill works for all crafts.
I went through the menu twice and doesn't appear to be anything I can make for skill except cloth ninja hoods or gargish stuff... but the gargish stuff is too high. Wasn't aware the talisman could help put me 'in the zone', so I'll try that - Thanks!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found the discrepency in the Gargoyle cloth items...

Unlike every other Tailor item (that start at 50% to make at the base skill), Gargoyle Cloth items start at 0% (just like smith items).

Therefore, to get into the 60% to 80% sweet spot, you have to be 30 points higher than the base skill to start making the items.

Gargoyle kilts: 82.9 base. Enters the "sweet spot" at 112.9. Top of sweet spot range is over 120 for all Gargoyle cloth items.
Gargoyle Arms: 87.1 base. Enters the sweet spot" at 117.9.
Gargoyle legs and chest types have their sweet spot range starting at over 120.

So, pretty much, the rule is now to switch to Gargoyle kilts at 109 or so (near the end of the oil cloth range with a 120 PS used), and stay on them until the end of training, if you plan to recycle items at the end of each crafting session (making Make max and salvage bags indespensable).

If you want to make items for Britain Library turn-in points, you make cloth ninja hoods until 115, and turn them in, then go to the Kilts (and recycling).

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I do not see any need to raise tailoring above 110. I tailor all kinds of armor and the failure rate is zero. I really don't see a noticable difference between 110 and 120, and it requires a lot of time and resources and treadmill training to get it up.
Same with blacksmithing.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I do not see any need to raise tailoring above 110. I tailor all kinds of armor and the failure rate is zero. I really don't see a noticable difference between 110 and 120, and it requires a lot of time and resources and treadmill training to get it up.
Same with blacksmithing.
There's really only two reasons.

- slightly increase % success when enhancing

- slightly increased quality BODs

K

Kallie Pigeon

There's really only two reasons.

- slightly increase % success when enhancing

- slightly increased quality BODs
You get to label your stuff legendary also :lol:

For me the last bits didn't seem to be as much of a grind as the lower level parts