• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Asos rate?

5% Luck

I know I read the Asos rate is 1 in 25 right? I havent done them in a while but I just did 100+ mibs and only 1 asos. Should I be blaming it on a bad rng streak or has something changed?

simple gm fisher!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the rng. Some trick em by opening only 5-10 mibs at one time. If those give an aos, they continue to open to get another one due to the streaky rng.

5% Luck

Thanks Ill keep that in mind when opening them. I mean I was prepared to get a guild outing for a few levi's if not a scalis if we got lucky instead i had to call it off!

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be 1 in 40 had the asos. One thing I've done that seems to work, though it could be completely random, is wear as much luck as you're able while fishing them up. I'm only able to squeeze 474 luck onto my fishing suit but of the 90ish I just popped over the weekend (I do them in large chunks, 100-125 mib's at a time) I had 11 whites. Could just be the rng and dumb luck but I'm going to stick to it until it stops working