• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Asking for the Siege public opinion on....

Would you use a public auction safe house?

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i would stop in and look.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No I wouldn't bother looking

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**** Closed**** edit 2/8/19 >>> Opened new thread

Just inquiring the response to an new-ish idea, maybe? I don't believe I am not the only one who went to an auction safe to avoid vendor fees. So basic question is ,if I found a close to guard zone plot/house how many would place a auction safe there. The only ones I know who do auction safes are UWSP and Creeper and Earendil and doing three myself and I have not decided if worth it yet. So bringing it to the public to see if it is even worth the bother. No promises just gauging interest! Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
An Auction Mall sounds very interesting. It might attract thieves, but honestly no more so than any good vendor shop does imo. If you set one up, I would be happy to add a safe or two. :)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I altered poll to ask the last two questions, and it removed 3 yes votes too " would you place a public safe house?" Apologies, my less then sexy moment!!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea! I would add a safe. But we will have to think about communication for the auctions. Without it, there wont be much traffic.

Agreed, please feel free to post concerns, this is the place to put them out there.

I was thinking we needed to have a bigger plot with plenty of room. I am not inclined to spend to much gold for a place, where gold is to be made. I do have an Yew gate 15 steps from public gate to house step and not sure how far out guard zone is out from gate, but it is a small 10x7. I think 16 auction safes would fit around plot with front side open. Then there is 3 more floors that could be added on. I believe people need to be co owners to place a safe so people could use detect hidden in house. I would link what ever place with Britain hub if permitted.

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great idea. Just need to keep in mind only 10 co-owners allowed. There is/was a nice spot over by the bank in Yew (North) I used to have an 18x18 there but I think Becca owned the spot later. However, there's a plot beside that one (if it's open, haven't been over there in yonks) only 2 steps from the bank. It may not be big enough, though.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just need to keep in mind only 10 co-owners allowed.

Thank you I did not even think of that. Is that 10 co-owners max for any size house?

PS. Can friends with an auction safe place in a home or only owners and co owners?

Last edited:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just a few ideas:

They only have to be co-owner to place it - they don't have to remain co-owned to continue using it. This allows you to have more safe-owners than co-owners. However, they must be co-owned again to remove it.

Friend of the house is sufficient for no-fail hiding and revealing, and banning.

You can use friend-secured teletiles if you choose to put the safes inside walled areas for seller security. (Certain short walls look nice and don't block the view, but prevent speech, spells, arrows, etc.)

If you use a bamboo tile (yellow or grey) under each safe, you can see and use the safe from outside the house without loading the house first. This broadens the range of use (therefore making it harder for thieves or PKs) and also allows random people running past to notice the wares. I am sure you can also invent something tastefully eye-catching and colorful to grab attention. :D

Each safe can have its own bulletin board for messages - you must use the lock down command (not secure) to have multiple bulletin boards.

Endless Journey accounts CAN place bids.

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Sprago and I have talked about this, and I will move my stuff in abyss house, which I will be taking control of sooner or later. The New Magincia plot I will clear lower floor out of my stuff and open teleports to inside. A NM house is 15x15 minus some tiles, but I am sure it would hold several auction safes and will be in guard zone. But always remember just because in guard zone never means you are always safe. Shop or place with wisdom. What do you all think of trying it here?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay to those interested in placing a auction safe in my New Magincia, house closest to docks. I have set teleport to inside bottom floor to anyone. I have cleared floor and made a square of 20 blocks which will be replaced one at a time with an auction safe. I have 3 safes and there are and 6-7 possible safes from this thread. There are 2 tiles around outside of blocks, so could go bigger for more. House is guard zone, I will co own or friend as need be for placement. So any questions or thoughts feel free to speak up! Everyone is welcome to go take a glimpse! Thank you!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope to catch you later today. My safe is empty now, I could insta place it :)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started placing safes there. I will place a better tele inside and remove some clutter on fronts step in time. ty

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats absolutely awesome, BD! A great contribution to our community! Thank you!