• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

As One ??

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the purpose of this combat training, and why does it say "Your ability was canceled" when I try to use it? and why is cancelled spelled wrong ? lol

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
not sure, but might be connected with your animal taming mastery level would be my guess. either that or a skill conflict possibly?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two pets splits damage between them if I am remembering right.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do remember i got that message twice before. once when i had another skill as primary and forgot, and second i think i was using whispering, also could be a mana issue if you got mana vamped by mob

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Two pets splits damage between them if I am remembering right.
hmm if you use more than one pet then you can't use that mastery? or can't use two masteries at once?was curious since i can't remember if i had 2 pets out myself when i got that message.(rarely use prefer provo)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm if you use more than one pet then you can't use that mastery? or can't use two masteries at once?was curious since i can't remember if i had 2 pets out myself when i got that message.(rarely use prefer provo)
That Mastery splits incoming damage between two pets when active. If you only have 1 pet out it doesn't work at all and just cancels itself.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just thinking, now that i know how that mastery works:), if you use a Cu side in training(3 slots) you can put a one or two slot pet as primary attacker( and get the better gains) while splitting damage with the Cu Side(which will basically heal itself) allowing you to concentrate on healing weaker pet(which is taking only half damage). assuming it doesn't split the gains as well(in which case you would put cu side as primary attacker). will have to try this when i get around to it, unless anyone else already has and knows answer?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thinking, now that i know how that mastery works:), if you use a Cu side in training(3 slots) you can put a one or two slot pet as primary attacker( and get the better gains) while splitting damage with the Cu Side(which will basically heal itself) allowing you to concentrate on healing weaker pet(which is taking only half damage). assuming it doesn't split the gains as well(in which case you would put cu side as primary attacker). will have to try this when i get around to it, unless anyone else already has and knows answer?
Trying something kind of like that now Except a 4 slot beetle taking half the damage for a 1 slot hiryu and it is not spitting the gains.

Reactions: afk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bear in mind that this ability, working for 2 pets, also costs 2x the mana.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"Cancelled" is used almost uniformly throughout the world. The American spelling supposedly is "canceled," though I grew up spelling it with two l's. American grammar sources indicate the word "canceled" is used 80% of the time in America. MS word automatically corrects "cancelled" to "canceled" if you're using the American English spellcheck.

I like the extra l.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Cancelled" is used almost uniformly throughout the world. The American spelling supposedly is "canceled," though I grew up spelling it with two l's. American grammar sources indicate the word "canceled" is used 80% of the time in America. MS word automatically corrects "cancelled" to "canceled" if you're using the American English spellcheck.

I like the extra l.
I googled , its cancelled. I've always spelled it with 2 lls.