• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan festival

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone doing the Artisan Festival on Europa?

I keep visiting the elf to drop off bods but never see anyone and the tree hasn't sprouted yet...

Bah Humbug?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Last year we only managed one full-size tree (not sure which city) and one Charlie Brown tree at Britain, so maybe people are all going to concentrate on just one? The first one last year stayed tiny as not enough people knew about it. Might be a good idea to choose one city and try and get everyone to all donate to it, if we all donate to different cities none of them will get to full size.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be harder nearer Christmas as ppl are too busy RL. And its easier to make it grow this year they promised. Best would be to start right away and see how fast it grows before ppl get too busy. I think if a tree begins to grow so people can see others bothering they will add their bods . Thats how i think ill do. Almost burnt out last year.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see at Tina Smalls List several shards already have fully grown trees and Europa is at the bottom with some small shards with no tree. Noone dare to waste BODs if others dont follow.. Im one myself:p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes that sounds like exactly what I was thinking, for anyone with a limited number of BOD's and/or time it would be best to all concentrate on one tree. I would have suggested Britain as it's like the Capital City but it's at the end of the list this year so it will get missed out. I still think there should have been just one tree and the whole month to grow it. :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just looking at the Baja forum and their EM put out ballot boxes for people to vote on two cities where they would concentrate their efforts. Maybe that's an idea for Europa? I would like to help you grow at least one tree when you decide on one. Used to have a house on Europa and I know I have old BODs stashed somewhere that I can still fill and turn in.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am saving my BOD:s for Britannia. I think it is too later for ballot box now (What was good idea). Maybe we should spam on global on courage people to build Britannia tree?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Brit tree won't get done this year because the order was reversed, so it wouldn't start until AFTER Christmas day. Britain was first on the list last year. From what I heard last night we might start advertising for Trinsic as we are a bit too late for Vesper, we need people to all start as soon as the city is available.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes let's try and rally some support for Trinsic, it's kind of in the middle, not too near to Christmas, last year we failed on the last one because people were burned out and too busy near Christmas day. Anybody know when it will start at Trinsic?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes let's try and rally some support for Trinsic, it's kind of in the middle, not too near to Christmas, last year we failed on the last one because people were burned out and too busy near Christmas day. Anybody know when it will start at Trinsic?
I tell to my guild mates that our target is Trinsic

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Atlantic, I think Trinsic will probably start at 3 p.m. EST this coming Friday. But I don't know what the time difference would be for Europa. Do you know when Vesper started on Europa, in EST terms? It started around 10:50 p.m. EST on Atlantic yesterday (12/4).

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We are not 100% sure, we just keep checking and post here! ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10:40am BST and the Elf is in Trinsic wanting bods, lets roll people!!! :D

Edit: I popped the Charley brown tree :D

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im back at the forge filling more up.....gonna take a whole lot more than i had in mind. lol

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We must be really close to a Small Tree by now.....like 2500 bank points i've contributed myself.
Oh.....unless i'm the only one doing this thing Lol.....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've been doing some too, in between mining as I keep running out of ingots! :eek:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is where it gets dis-heartening, just dropped another 5 L-bods and it's still the Charlie brown tree.....should be some way of knowing your getting closer to the next stage and not just "blind faith"

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree!! I think if people could see how far it had gone on each stage they would pull together and help more. :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well done on getting to stage 4, now it's the final push to the finish, good luck to all!! :thumbsup:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yey! Great work all! We got a blinking tree with a star on top. :thumbsup:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We almost should do other [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:p[/bcolor]?
I would be up for another. I can do alchemy and tailor BODs. But there needs to be more interested otherwise we just waste the bods for nothing I guess. :smile2:

I will collect bods for now in case we will go for another tree.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mil We had a lot more people interested in helping last year and we still only managed one full tree, one got to almost done and we ran out of time, the other was a stick, next year will be even harder! :(
Unless you are the rare person that enjoys filling BODs it's just another grind...I don't even bother collecting BODs the rest of the year, no room to store them and no patience to do them all the time.
I was thinking it would work better with just one tree in some central location and make it a clean-up event, that way it's not just crafters doing all the work, everyone can put items into clean-up to raise the tree.
Another idea would be to make Christmas City trade quests, delivering presents to other cities and the points raise the tree, again not just for crafters.
My husband has no crafting chars so he couldn't take part in the Artisan festival at all, which is a shame as this event should be a community one, everyone should be able to contribute. :D

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many good ideas to change the tree event @ShriNayne!

I will be satisfied with the one tree we did this year. It was fun, and I got the gift I wanted! :)
(Last year I didn't really know what was going on since I had just returned and I tried to fill the Moonglow tree myself I think... to no avail lol).

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mil WOW you tried to solo a Christmas tree?!!? Even Sampires can't do that... :p
Maybe the Devs don't realise that the closer it gets to Christmas Day the less people are actually online and those that are in-game at all usually have limited time to play.
Christmas should be about family after all! :)

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll probably work on another at some point. As others have said it's unlikely to reach full size, but you still have a chance of a prize for every character that donates a BOD. Thinking about it I'll probably have more time between Christmas Day and New Year so will have a go then and see who else is up for it.

Reactions: Mil