• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2021

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This post has been updated to reflect Governor Zoogi and Governor Hate announcing that they would like to participate in the Governor's joint efforts to inspire and promote the Artisan's Festival this year.

(or in my own words... uh oh... we're all in trouble now;))

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where do we put our donations, and how do we designate which city it's for? Will a plaque be locked down in each of the nine Christmas Tree cities?

and only large BODs? darn, I was planning on shoving thousands of smalls into the Dawn Malas Outpost mailbox

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Governors mentioned in the post are the participants and it is your choice who to give them to. You should give them directly to that Governor for the town you want to have them so they can record the value of the bankable points that you give them. You should add them up prior to giving them to the Governor and let the Governor also add them up to confirm.

You can contact them here on stratics to arrange a time to meet or look for them ingame on Baja most evenings.

Yew @Crazy Diamond
New Magincia @WildStar
Skara Brae @Zoogi
Moonglow @Amber Witch

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trust y'all to do the right thing with "extra" BODs if'n there are any
*edited. Original had too much Unleashed content in it.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our post states that donations should be made before December 1st. That gives us enough time to see where we are with how many more bods we'll need for our towns to complete trees so Baja can get gifts this year. That's our goal. Plain and simple. None of us, in our conversations, expect to receive 25,000 points of bods.

A Governor may reach their goal and can refuse BODs. For the Governors involved, 25 Million gold(what it would cost if all 25,000 points were donated and paid for) is a lot of money. A Governor may have some that donated anonymously and may have more than needed and may offer them to a city in need. It's up to them but I can tell you that in conversations amongst the Governors involved so far we're all about helping each other get full trees.

Each of the 3 Governors has agreed to spend up to 25 million of their own gold to insure that Baja has full trees. Some of you may think that's nothing. Many of you on Baja know what that really is.

I'm not going to get into the gazillion ifs, ands, ors, buts. This is the first time we're trying something like this. I promise we'll do our best. Will there be hiccups? Maybe. We'll get through it. We'll figure it out. All will be well. But only with the support, the positive support of the players.

Thank you

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
75 days till the start of the Artisan Festival!

If 3 people do 1 large BOD a day till December 1st then 1 city will be able to grow a tree fully! That's only 7 large BODs a week!

Jhelom, Moonglow, New Magincia, Skara Brae and Yew need your support!

Please help support your city and let your Governor know that you're there for the City!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Blue Betty for being the first to make a donation of large bods! The ice has been broken and we're on the way!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Gumby for your donation of large bods! A Moonglow Hero!

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update:
There are now 5 Governors participating. They are Governor Hate of Jhelom, Governor WildStar of Magincia, Governor Amber Witch of Moonglow, Governor Zoogi of Skara Brae and Governor Crazy Diamond of Yew. Each of these Governors have set up a donation box (mailbox) to make it easier for folk to drop off donations. Please make sure you note which one of these cities your bods are for. If you don't they'll go to the city that needs them to get a full tree.

This first location is at the Brit Crossroads Trammel and is for the city of Moonglow but will take donations for the other cities as well. The house name is Crossroads Cottage and the owner is Worst Witch Ever.

The next location is outside the west Umbra gate and is for the city of Magincia but will take donations for the other cities as well. The house name is Kingdom of Dawn.... and the owner is Vaughn McCloud.

The next location is at the NW corner of Luna and is for the city of Yew but will take donations for the other cities as well. The house name is Deal or No Deal.... and the owner is Blackwater.

Once I get the other locations they will also be posted.
Thank you.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Progress reports, progress reports, how are we / you / they doing?

I am finding it tough to keep up with one LBOD per day. Like, I never get the small BODs I need, and then I never get LBODs at all. I have a few LBODs left from way back when those could be gotten from IDOCs, but that's about it.
I am going to say nothing nice about too many of the "random" things in game. Since that's a rant, catch me on Unleashed.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you James for your generous donation of large bods!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Moonglow has now received a little more than 25% (6,500) of the points needed to put the star on the tree thanks to the generous donations of large bods from the following benefactors.

<3
Blue Betty
<3
Gumby
<3
James
<3
Balian
<3
Hangnail
<3
Daniel
You all are Moonglow Heros!​

As of October 1st we have 60 days left to come up with the remaining 18,500 points. In the past this was done through the efforts of just a couple people. This year, already, we're seeing more people crankily crafting and talking about it in General Chat. We're seeing it happen! Baja is pulling it together as Baja does.

So we're getting into the busy season with all the Halloween event fun stuff, Hythloth and then into Krampus. So if you can, please take a couple minutes to keep up with the daily bod runs and put together bods when you can so we can avoid that last minute mad bod rush. If you need bods, call out in GC what you need. Most likely someone will have what you need. People are always willing to help. After all, we just want to get these dang bods done and over with!

Thanks for reading.
AW

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Moonglow is now within 2,000 points of reaching the star! Thank you all. I just can't believe how fast this happen! Amazing!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a huge amount of points!

This is what I know currently. I just spoke with Governor Hate of Jhelom and he says that he and his crew are just about done. Moonglow needs about 2K. Magincia as of this past weekend needed quite a bit. (this should be updated with a value tomorrow). Skara Brae and Yew need quite a bit of help still.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As of several days ago when I last checked, New Magincia needed less than 7K.

I would like to thank Evanscence, James and Hangnail for their donations to the tree.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magincia, Yew and Skara as far as I know. Please post what cities you're giving the points to so we all know what and where.

FYI, my 93 year old mom fell and broke her hip and wrist. She lives alone in FL so I'm about to jump into the car and start the long drive from Chicago.

Thanks!

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Magincia, Yew and Skara as far as I know. Please post what cities you're giving the points to so we all know what and where.

FYI, my 93 year old mom fell and broke her hip and wrist. She lives alone in FL so I'm about to jump into the car and start the long drive from Chicago.

Thanks!
OMG Hope she is ok and you be safe out there

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG Hope she is ok and you be safe out there
A few years ago I bought her a couple of the Amazon echo shows. One for her living room, one for her bedroom. When she fell she had it call a neighbor. If it wasn't for that who knows how long she would have been laying there. For a wide variety of reasons that thing has been worth every cent. It's been a blessing for her.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
All Govs I have 25,285 Bank Points for Trees, let me know what you need and again which cities do/do not have people working on them.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
New Magincia needs a litte over 6K in bankable points to get, but I am slowing working thru my larges and we have until 12/1 until the festival starts. Governor Hangnail of Vesper could use some help with his tree.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought Hangie was volunteering for Vesper to be one of the no-tree towns. Oh, and she's a she. Hard to tell with that robe, unless you're another gargole, I guess.
Anyways, I've almost got a donation to New Magincia Tree ready to go, and then I will start on a donation for the town of Yew.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Glad to say I just teamed up with Angel and so far Angel has enough points to do YEW and I have enough points to do SKARA and together we hope to do Vesper and with the help of WildStar opening up her BOD stash to us who knows how many more we may get done. I have placed a Lion Mailbox at Whispering Rose Castle just north by northeast of Yew Gate for any donations to any and all cities. Thank you al very much for your help.
1633854322166.png

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From Laura above:

I thought Hangie was volunteering for Vesper to be one of the no-tree towns.
end quote

After donating bods to both Moonglow and Magincia because she didn't think anyone would donate to Vesper because she is new to Baja and has been a Governor for just 2 weeks, Hangnail decided to join the above cities. Time for all you Vesperians to take a step forward!

OMG I love Baja! We are going to get this done by Halloween! Krampus isn't going to have a chance this year! lol

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We haven't been talking much about Britain, Minoc, Trinsic, at least not where I've been eavesdropping (Stealthing, you know how that is).

I *finally* got my 220 points in for New Magincia. It's a game, right? Did I win? and it's not even November.

BTW, thankss Amber for keeping this going and inspiring everyone to

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
@Laura_Gold it is only Oct and so far we have 5 cities done and working on #6 so who knows what we can get done. I have placed Vendors at Whispering Rose Castle with the completed BODs to show what I have. Any and all donations to any of the house will be greatly welcomed. If you have any LBODs Gold or less with the smalls and you do not have the ingots to fill them drop them off and I will fill them.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
With a donation last night, New Magincia now has all the necessary points to have a full tree for the Artisan Festival.

Thank you to all who donated fill large BODs or helped me fill them. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How many trees left? This hyth event is taking all my uo time but i feel like i am balron para'd to the tops soon. May need some bod relaxing time

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yew Done by Angle
New Magincia Done by Wild Star
Skara Brae Done by Lord Frodo
Moonglow Done by Amber Witch
Vesper Done by HRH Liz

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jhelom.... Boom!
Magincia .... Boom!
Moonglow.... Boom!
Skara Brae..... Boom!
Vesper.... Boom!
Yew..... Boom!

Wild Lemons said she and WildStar are continuing to do large bods for the 3 remaining cities, Britain and Trinsic and Minoc. I have 10K bank points done that I can hand off to who ever is collecting them for those cities.

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those of you that have contacted me about donating bods I'll be back in action on the 17th. I've been away for 5 weeks tending to my 93 year old mother who fell and broke her hip and wrist. My brother came in a week ago to relieve me so I've been making a slow trip home decompressing along the way.

Thank you all for everything. You're all wicked amazing. (fyi, wicked is New England slang for really good or really cool)

:heart:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is anyone collecting for the remaining cities?
Hi Cirianara.

I'm back home and relatively sane again so I'm ready to meet you at your convenience. Please suggest a day and time(eastern) and location. Currently I'm collecting Bods for Minoc.

Thank you!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Shardara of Great Lakes for you donation of large Bods!!!!

And.....

Minoc.... Boom!

Cirianara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Amber Witch... Best way to contact you? Or is the Worst Witch Ever house yours? I can drop it off.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Worst Witch is mine but I'd be happy to meet up with you as well. I'll be in game tonight so you can suggest a time here or call out for me ingame.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Cirianara for your donation of Bods! Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:heart:UPDATE:heart:

Thank you all. I just can't say it enough. I'm just so amazed.

And to think that 2 months ago I was saying to myself 'don't get disappointed, if you get a total of 500 bank points you'll be doing well'.

200,000 bank points later.... WE.... ARE.... DONE!!!!

we're sooo gonna have an Artisan's Festival!

Details on celebration forthcoming!

Thank you all!

:heart:Jhelom Done by Governor Hate and Company:heart:

:heart:Minoc Done by Shandara:heart:

:heart:Moonglow Done by Adriana, Amber Witch, Balian, Blue Betty, Chimera, Daniel, Gumby, Hangnail, Hephasto, James and Pokey.:heart:

:heart:New Magincia Done by Angel, Hangnail, James, Wild Lemons and Wild Star and Company:heart:

:heart:Skara Brae Done by Lord Frodo:heart:

:heart:Trinsic Done by Cirianara, Shandara and Amber Witch:heart:

:heart:Vesper Done by HRH Liz :heart:

:heart:Yew Done by Angel:heart:

Last edited:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I asked Rosy about the Britain Tree at the last Governor's meeting. All she said was that if people wanted to donate to the tree that was fine.

I have a book with 13K in bankable points that I was given by someone (temporarily can't recall name) to be used for any city that needed it. I will use them for Britain if needed.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I asked Rosy about the Britain Tree at the last Governor's meeting. All she said was that if people wanted to donate to the tree that was fine.

I have a book with 13K in bankable points that I was given by someone (temporarily can't recall name) to be used for any city that needed it. I will use them for Britain if needed.
Last count I had 10K+ I could throw in.
Lord Frodo/HRH Liz