• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Artificer template?

B

Boogieman

Ok, so I've decided to try out the SA expansion. Primarily because of staining and imbuing.

So now I'm wondering - what skills are good to stick on an artificer template? I've read about item ID - goodness me, I had item ID on some crafter back in the days where you HAD to ID an item to know if it was junk or jellybeans. I think I hit 90something before the skill was made obsolete. Oh, sorry, a bit off topic.
But is item ID only to see what you get when unravelling an item? I mean, does it give you a boost to imbuing like arms lore does to crafting?

Apart of that - should the artificer be able to slay some monsters? I'm thinking of quests involving fighting. Or can he/she be another docile mule?

Mage or fighter? A Lord or a beggar?

L

LadyMargaret

when I turned my Smith into an imbuer, I transferred a couple of things, Mining, Lumberjacking, to my 6th char (a char I never really used, now he's a mule), and added Magic. You might as well go for the 10,000 pts you need to use the Queens Forge. Bonus is you can unravel everything you collect while killing stuff. You'll need a lot of residue to make the run.

Item ID doesn't give a boost afaik, being a Garg, using the Royal City soulforge or better the Queens forge do. I'll do most of my imbuing at home, but when I hit the hard %s, I move to the Queens soulforge.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A good fighting Artificer Template would be

Mysticism
Magery
Spellweaving
Eval Int
Imbuing
Item ID (if you want to keep it)
Meditation

Optional - Resist spells to replace Meditation or Item ID, if you're comfortable with your suit's mana regen. Possibly GM Mining in place of one of the skills, if you want to try to get the regular and ML gems yourself, instead of from quests and purchases.

B

Boogieman

Say - that's a lot of magic on one character? Is there any particular reason why you've got spellweaving?

I'm thinking about going with magery, eval, meditation, mysticism, imbuing, some item ID and then perhaps tinkering.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
120imbuing
115 magery
115 mystic
115 eval
120 med
100 spellweaving

this is my current template soon will have 120 scrolls I hope

great template for my gargoyle almost to many spells to choose from
why spellweaving! Well gift of life,attunment,wod,making summons harder to dispell....etc

O

onthefifty

my guy is a crafter temp as flws:

tailor 120
smith 120
tinker 100
mine 100
a-lure 100
imbuing 120
magery 50 (plus jewels and tome of lost knowledge)

im 710 skill cap.

char is gargoyle.

i put on scribe and carpentry when i need it.

i have l jacking on another char.

S

Scoobs

when I turned my Smith into an imbuer, I transferred a couple of things, Mining, Lumberjacking, to my 6th char (a char I never really used, now he's a mule), and added Magic. You might as well go for the 10,000 pts you need to use the Queens Forge. Bonus is you can unravel everything you collect while killing stuff. You'll need a lot of residue to make the run.

Item ID doesn't give a boost afaik, being a Garg, using the Royal City soulforge or better the Queens forge do. I'll do most of my imbuing at home, but when I hit the hard %s, I move to the Queens soulforge.
What do you mean re unravel as you kill?

O

onthefifty

hes telling you that he keeps an unravel bag with him. loots his kills into it and than makes a stop back at the queens forge to unravel it for residue.

L

LadyMargaret

exactly. 10,000 pts is a lot of kills, might as well loot them (I killed toxic sliths mainly)

O

onthefifty

my sincerest apolgies lady margaret in refering to you in a masculine form.

:twak: