• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artifacts (CURSED) talk

Yes I would buy an artifact from Ultima Store.

• YES

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • NO

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here it is, what do people think about buying a artifact from Ultima Store? Like an Ornament of the Magi (CURSED). Ultima Store carries heritage items, so clearly they have the know how taking item from game and coding it to sell online. The value of pvm is still there going to Doom after one that can be blessed, so still worth the fun. What's the chances of the site Ultima Store pushing for it or is the store owned by Broad Sword?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege could be so amazing if treasures of tokuno was on. Omg how I miss cruising the sands of makoto looking for victims and precious loot.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here it is, what do people think about buying a artifact from Ultima Store? Like an Ornament of the Magi (CURSED). Ultima Store carries heritage items, so clearly they have the know how taking item from game and coding it to sell online. The value of pvm is still there going to Doom after one that can be blessed, so still worth the fun. What's the chances of the site Ultima Store pushing for it or is the store owned by Broad Sword?
I think it is a great idea!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. I'm not buying any wearable/wieldable unless it's Blessed and of no durability or has Self Repair 5 or better.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's on a direct collision course with the never-ending blessed items argument.
Let's forget about the 1% who seem to have bottomless bags of money to spend at the store for a moment.
Most of us, if we spend our hard-earned cash on something, don't like to see it whisked away the moment we step outside our virtual door.
So, how to vote? If I admit that I don't want my actual cash to be lost in the first round of PvP I find myself in, I'm a Trammie. If I vote yes, and don't buy anything, I'm a liar. If I vote No and wouldn't buy anything anyway, I'm restricting the options for those who would buy it. What to do, what to do...?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I for one love that some basic items are in the store. My entire sampire suit is built around the helm / legs / quiver in the store that can be gotten from a heritage token. They are not blessed, and I've only lost one suit (to Siege Perilous, who envied my stylish attire) in months of play.

If there were non-blessed versions of Tokuno items in the store that I used regularly (like the mempo) I would pick a few of those up as well. At the $1 price point, they are affordable and useful.

Hell, just putting useful stuff in the store of any kind, not just statues and wedding sets, gets my vote. Every day of the week.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Having an item available to everyone equally that can be looted and used by everyone equally != VvV artifacts available to VvV participants and only usable by the specific VvV player who claimed it.

Saying two things are equal doesn't make it true.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And before anyone tries to jump into a VvV artifacts debate, I stopped having an opinion on that a long time ago, so I don't care to argue it one way or the other.

What I *DO* care about is the use of weak rhetorical skill to establish a position, which is what CG was doing. I take umbrage that there is a general decline in our ability to articulate arguments in rational, even keeled way that correspondsto the eternal September.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about they just turn this drop feature on
Siege could be so amazing if treasures of tokuno was on

UO has been and continues to slowly die off, and the base that is holding on is getting smaller. People have been asking for sometime now for these things to come back to no avail. We need a new approach of something. Just not sure what that would be! I am somewhat of the belief that the powers that be are sucking the last bit of cash of the walking dead base as it can before stabbing one and all in the head with a sharp object.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free servers turn tots on periodically and it's like a giant refresh everyone comes out of the woodwork and farms. It's a switch to turn on I'm pretty sure. Not seeing a valid reason why these systems can't be used periodically -- this would incite player interaction which is the whole point of an MMO. Same with VvV Arties. The nature of siege pvp is suit looting and in order to support that, nameless VvV Artie's at increased prices goes a long way, not to mention it would incite loads of activity.

Last edited:

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me part of the lure of siege is that I can be killed and looted, while some artifacts are amazing there are plenty of looted artifact pieces that surpass them and I enjoy hunting to get the pieces, even with my incomplete character I can manage decent monsters to loot and if I get killed and looted? So be it. I would wear artifacts that I had obtained through play but as I expect to get killed and looted at some point I feel buying them would end up being a waste of money. Siege has taught me something you forget on prodigy shards.... You don't need to be running around in a suit full of arties to be effective. By all means have them turned on so those with the spare cash can get them... But like the poster said.. they should be cursed... This is siege after all.