• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Art change

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
We recently got a set of Valentine's Day-themed table and chairs. It was largely well-received, but there was still something off.

This image shows what was wrong with the chair--the seat was a circle, but older art had chair seats in perspective as ovals:

Screenshot (218).png

I logged in to Test Center to check the new stuff out, and guess what I found...

Screenshot (669).png

The chairs have been corrected!

While I realize this was more subtle than certain other past art, it always jumps out at me and I appreciate the adjustment. Thank you, art team.

And on the topic of art, take a good look at that foxglove flower...

The flowers are red, but the foliage is still green!

Are flower colors applying only to the flowers going to be a thing now? I hope so.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would be a dream come true it would to have properly hued plants... or should I say properly partially hued plants....

And I for one pray that it's RETROACTIVE changes to the plants... I hope that's not too big of a dream.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's great that the chairs have been put right, well done to the artists! I saw the new red-flowered plant on test but to be honest the version in game now is my favourite plant, so I'm not sure how I feel about that changing.....hopefully it's a new version that's available and the old potted plant will stay the same.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's great that the chairs have been put right, well done to the artists! I saw the new red-flowered plant on test but to be honest the version in game now is my favourite plant, so I'm not sure how I feel about that changing.....hopefully it's a new version that's available and the old potted plant will stay the same.
the plant is what I'm hoping is new versions I'm sure the "plain" plant will remain the same but it's my hope that the "dipped in paint" plants will become the new partially hued plants...

You do realize it's the same art... it just has the "flower" part now dyable... or in the case of many things perhaps made so when you grow a red one only the "flower" part will hue... not the whole stinking plant like they do now looking like someone plasticized them..... or something.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhhh!!! Now I understand! Doh I am stupid today, only just woke up, that's my story anyway! Yes I totally agree with what you are saying, I thought they were changing the plain normal hue to a red one! That would have made me sad...but changing plants to just the flowers coloured...wow that would be just fantastic! :thumbsup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahhhh!!! Now I understand! Doh I am stupid today, only just woke up, that's my story anyway! Yes I totally agree with what you are saying, I thought they were changing the plain normal hue to a red one! That would have made me sad...but changing plants to just the flowers coloured...wow that would be just fantastic! :thumbsup:
It's my hope... the new plant art files are in there now with plain white flowers..... which I will say look totally awesome! And yes it's my hope beyond hope that this is what I think it is and new updated graphics to include partial hewing for plants and I am even more hopeful that this change will then be retro active and that all the 100's of plants I own will be beautifully partial hued and make me super happy. As most of the plants are just fugly dipped in paint.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And I for one pray that it's RETROACTIVE changes to the plants... I hope that's not too big of a dream.
I transferred some hued plants to TC and they did not change.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I transferred some hued plants to TC and they did not change.
well that's sad... was hoping.

Maybe I can hope that it won't go active until they publish it...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh my goodness...a wheel barrow! Please make it pushable...please please please
Its not. It's a house add on, so is the watermill (though no word on exactly what they do).

There is also 3 pieces of new food, though I'm skeptical of them being craftable :( Two of them are very American, so I'm guessing those might be released around July 4th (or another picnicky holiday).

The anvil has serious animation issues, of which the devs are aware.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep... they are all pretty cool though... except the Anvil... not a fan. It's very... um... flashy cartoonish... Really not liking it.

That wheel barrow however is sooo awesome looking. Totally loving it.

Basket, Telescope so awesome as well...

Three food items that I noted were... um... I could see a heck of a lot of jokes there... next thing we need is a bread loaf I can carry as a weapon.. LOL.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the anvil does not replace the old art, right? and finally, correctly colored plants :) does the grow command still work on test? (like I even remember what it was)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
A waterfall? lol Are they giving us electricity? I doubt I have any room for that and I have a castle lol. I really can't imagine needing a basket regardless of how cool it is. Maybe they going to deliver gifts in it? A "peacecock mount"? That's just weird. They seem to have lost their way on mounts of late. The telescope and wheelbarrow are nice looking.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
the anvil does not replace the old art, right? and finally, correctly colored plants :) does the grow command still work on test? (like I even remember what it was)
I'm pretty happy with my current anvil. That might be something like a writing desk or sewing machine I hope. Something I don't have to look at :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't mind if the new anvil replaced the BOD reward anvils and was shaded accordingly.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry.....what the hell is a "Peacecock" mount??????? did they mean a Peacock.....which is in no way big enough to be a mount, though given the size of the UO Turkey...... :rolleyes:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Valura that sounds so nice, but.....there is a village near us that has some peacocks flying around (escaped from someone's vast estate :p) and there are countless complaints about the damage to cars from their feet! I didn't realise they were so destructive... beautiful but dangerous! :D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry.....what the hell is a "Peacecock" mount??????? did they mean a Peacock.....which is in no way big enough to be a mount, though given the size of the UO Turkey...... :rolleyes:
I wondered that too (peacecock) but I just quoted someone else lol. Since they fixed it I'll assume it is peacock :p Regardless would anyone really want a peacock as a mount? But then again a lot of people hate ostards and I love them.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Valura that sounds so nice, but.....there is a village near us that has some peacocks flying around (escaped from someone's vast estate :p) and there are countless complaints about the damage to cars from their feet! I didn't realise they were so destructive... beautiful but dangerous! :D
Can they be made into a pie of some description?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I heard that in Tudor times Henry the 8th ate them but then he ate pretty much everything! Maybe it was just a malicious rumour...:D

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The furniture you craft now gives full titles, but they misspelled one

Old version

New Version

Unfortunately a misspelled version as well

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those "Vesper-Sytle" chairs have been in the game for quite a while, so don't think it's a recent typo - take a look at the one in Nujel'm bank!
Yep been that way for a long, long time... Always gave me a chuckle.

I wish most of the other MMOs would put 'Crafted By XX" when you made things, I really miss that about UO, among other things.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this fix going to be in the next pub
I don't think so, since its still unannounced. Though we'll see if the WW release notes for 99 say something new.

There's still a bunch of new, unused art in the files...some they even bothered to try to hide.

I just hope the picnic stuff isn't the "spring" gift. Either way, the food had damned well better be CRAFTABLE not a non-stacking one-off!