• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arms Lore

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man this is a boring skill to raise =p. I am at 97.0 and its slow. Even having a paragon satyr discord me to 62.7 the gains seem way to far apart.

Hold on someone pulled an Irk over to try to kill me (I am standing by the champ idol) =p. Paragon satyrs and dryads > Irk.

Heh, wish I had raised this before the runic patch so I could be off burning hammers instead of standing here pressing keys when my UOA macro finishes. Oh, well 22 gains to go (97.8 now).

G

you could always set a macro and do it that way, just read a book at the computer or something so yer not "unattended macroing". My crafter covers smith/tailor/carpentry/fletching and in raising those the arms lore GMed on its own.

Rey~

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA long macros ftw. Its still boring. I am stuck at 98.7 even being discorded I get no gains for a long time. I think maybe they have done something to fix discord training (or its just this skill). If my skills are in the upper 60's / lower 70's (with being discorded), I should be gaining at least once every run of my macro. No gains for about 10 runs. I gave up and went to the store. Gonna give it a go here again soon.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragging through it myself, with a penny jammed in the keyboard. I can't be bothered to follow the satyr around, though--I'll just slog ahead the slow way.

D

Detharleon

*stupid question of the moment*

Arms lore... why?
Did it suddenly become useful?

D

Detharleon

well *bleep* me. I haven't had arms lore since '99 after the RP aspects of it got boring. Come back after 2 years and suddenly I need to find 100 more skill points

thanks for the link
I went from the stratics one and all it had was the same stuff its said forever for determining damage levels back before items had duration numbers.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't trust the Stratics site pages one bit. The FAQs and guides here in the forums are better, but some are still terribly outdated.

They're currently working on revamping all the info on UOHerald.com, I believe, but it lacks a whole lot of depth overall.