• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arms Lore Question

• Thread starter zackerybarber444
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Z

zackerybarber444

My Guildie said arms lore also works for carpentry and tailoring. But I wasn't sure if he was right can anyone confirm that it works for all three or just blacksmithy?

G

For tailoring it does for sure, not 100% sure about carpentry (haven´t used it in a while) but I would think so (if you are talking about crafted wooden armour and weapons).
And it also works for bowcraft/fletching and even for some tinkered things (skinning knife for example).

Hephaistos of Europa

G

It works with any crafting skill in which you can make either a weapon or armor.

K

Kasandria

What are the benefits to having arms lore on a smith/tailor exactly?

Do they enhance armor and weapons? If so, how and by how much?

G

GM Arms Lore gives +5 random resist to armor and +5 damage to weapons

M

mjolnir131

yea the 5 for aror could be bumped up a little but the 5 extra for weapons is a nice base when your banging out runics 40 is a nice starting place to add even more di onto

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without Arms Lore, your Smithy will only make exceptional weapons with DI 35%. With it, your smithy will make exceptional weapons with DI 40%. That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm...+5 random doesn't sound like a very great return on the investment of 100 skill points on a crafter.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is the difference between 55 total resists and 60 total resists

L

Lilac Crypt

Unless said smith is human. Then they make exceptional weapons with 36% additional damage. (Jack of all trades bonus)

It doth pain me to fit 100 points into my smith's template just for 4 more points of damage.

K

Kwik Marty

<blockquote><hr>

It doth pain me to fit 100 points into my smith's template just for 4 more points of damage.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, plus the bonus lacks imagination and zest. How about if, in addition to the 5 (or 4) pts bonus, there were one random off-the-wall bonus each time? We could have Mongbat Killer or an Invisibility Spell or a Bird Summoner...who knows, just something to spice it up. Let's see, 4 pts / 100 pt = 0.04 return (yes, I know it's apples and bananas I'm comparing). The current bonus is b-o-r-i-n-g.

L

Lilac Crypt

Or.. maybe we could squelch one property we really hate!

"As you are a master of arms lore, you have the ability to choose one magic addition to this weapon that will NOT appear. It will be replaced by another random property."

*Mage Weapon
*Use Best Weapon Skill
*Luck
*Spell Channeling
*Damage division among resist types
*Slayer weapon
*Built-in resist to the weapon itself

I hate making a mage weapon, I truly do. I also detest wasting a runic property on the split damage thing. (readjustment from physical to another type of damage.) If I wanted the damage adjusted, I'd use a specific ore.

G

Gwen_Denugz

its not 4 points of damge increased. It is 4%..HUGE difference. theoretically lets say you can make a weapon that does 100pts damage. a 35% increase would give you 135pts damage, with gm arms lore you would do 140pts of damage. You can go to the warrior forum to get the exact formulas, but basically depending on monster and honor and tactics and slayer weps and blah blah blah you can do a maximum of 4 times the displayed damage. without gm arms lore the damage would be 540 (remember this is in theory), and a gm arms lore crafted weapon would be 560, thats 20 points of damage per swing. I personally feel that the damage increase, as well as the resists increase are WELL worth the 100pt investment

C

Chameleon

Do we need to have GM Arm Lore to get the extra bonus?
or at say 80 Arm lore, we have +4 resist or DI instead of +5

It's tough to include this 100 arm lore.
my crafter has max out on skill point.

L

Lilac Crypt

You get 1 additional resist per 20 arms lore points, for armor. For weapons,you get 1 additional damage for each 20 arms lore skill points.

Meaning, at GM arms lore, a GM blacksmith can craft exceptional armor with an extra 5 resists, and weapons with five extra damage.

You don't at all have to be a grandmaster armslore person to get the bonus. It's every 20 points. Meaning that even no-armslore-skill human crafters get that first bump, just from the jack of all trades gift.

At 80 Armslore, if you make an exceptional piece of armor, you will get +4 resists. If you make an exceptional weapon, it will get 39 damage increase.

I

imported_aoLOLita

Thank the gods for soulstones! I'm working up to GM Lore on a minor character, and then will SS the skill for use by my primary crafters' use as needed. No need to devote the 100 skill points permanently to armslore...

L

Lilac Crypt

Pretty much my conclusion too. My tailor has the armslore skill at the moment. If and when I get ready to use a hammer of any decency.. it'll be soulstoned over to the smith. Seems like a silly dance for an additional 4 points of damage increase, but I didn't get a vote.

G

Hate to pick on the new Mod...but I will anyway. It is't 5 extra pts it is 5 extra % which can be much more significant. Or much less depending on your perspective i guess...

Welcome aboard lilac

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm...+5 random doesn't sound like a very great return on the investment of 100 skill points on a crafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

An that is +5 % per piece multiply that by 6 standard pieces...toss in a runic you can have a really nice set. It might be the difference between a mostly 60's suit...and a 70's suit.

C

Cygnas

Does the Arms Lore skill affect enhancing? Is there an Arms Lore bonus applied to enhanced items?

That question was in the original post and haven't seen anyone answer that specifically.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Does the Arms Lore skill affect enhancing? Is there an Arms Lore bonus applied to enhanced items?

That question was in the original post and haven't seen anyone answer that specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... no one seems to know.

Okay, where is why I was asking. If we do get the arms lore bonus for enhancing, one could first: craft an item using plain ingots, leather or wood and get the arms lore bonus, then second: enhance the same item with colored ingots/wood/horned-barbed leather and get the arms lore bonus a second time for +10 bonus. I haven't tried this yet, but think it's time to head to TC for some testing.

So, that is why I am asking.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... no one seems to know.

Okay, where is why I was asking. If we do get the arms lore bonus for enhancing, one could first: craft an item using plain ingots, leather or wood and get the arms lore bonus, then second: enhance the same item with colored ingots/wood/horned-barbed leather and get the arms lore bonus a second time for +10 bonus. I haven't tried this yet, but think it's time to head to TC for some testing.

So, that is why I am asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure you can't enhance an item that was player crafted. :/

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

Enhancing is pretty much confinced to adding properties of the materials you are enhancing with so there would be no bonus for arms lore.

I

imported_miss uo

I'm fairly sure you can't enhance an item that was player crafted.

Well, of course you can, just craft the item in iron first.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

I'm fairly sure you can't enhance an item that was player crafted.

Well, of course you can, just craft the item in iron first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... make with iron, plain wood or plain leather then enhance. You can do this with all runics also, and enhance only the ones that have the best properties. However, there is a high chance of breaking your new ubber (uber?) item, instead of getting an ultra-ubber item.

C

Cygnas

AHH well... arms lore has no effect on enhancing. Which is too bad.

However, I did notice while on Test Center, that if you first make armor with plain materials then enhance, you end up with the same total overall resist, but those resist points are distributed more evenly than if you were to make the item with premium material in the first place.

What I mean is, make leather gloves as a human, skills 120 tailoring/100 arms lore, you get total resists of 35. Enhance with barbed leather you get 47 total. But you likely won't get the highs and lows you normally would see making it with the barbed leather in the first place. It's because you are rolling the dice twice. So if you wanted more even resists, you would do better to start with plain material then enhance... however you are going to have a high rate of failure enhancing and fewer pieces in the end.

I

imported_miss uo

However, I did notice while on Test Center, that if you first make armor with plain materials then enhance, you end up with the same total overall resist, but those resist points are distributed more evenly than if you were to make the item with premium material in the first place.

That's true to a point. But if I crafting slayers with a bronze runic or lower, I will always work with iron. And just take my chances on enhancing the item with the better material later.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

That's true to a point. But if I crafting slayers with a bronze runic or lower, I will always work with iron. And just take my chances on enhancing the item with the better material later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? What are the benefits of using only iron? Are you trying to get only physical damage?

I

imported_miss uo

Why is that? What are the benefits of using only iron? Are you trying to get only physical damage?
That's just my personal opinion. If I am using low end runics to craft slayers, and knowing that the properties are completely random...... and chances of crafting a good slayer is really slim. I am not going to burn a ton color ingots to achieve that. I will prefer to take my chances on the enhance.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I do the same thing. You can't pick which slayer you will be making so you can't use a type of ingot that would be good for that type of slayer except by chance.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

I do the same thing. You can't pick which slayer you will be making so you can't use a type of ingot that would be good for that type of slayer except by chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... now that makes sense.