[Archery] Armor type verses Dex

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
I quit playing when the Armor you wore affected Dex which affected how fast you shot.

With all the imbuing effects (HCI, SSI, etc.) is this still an issue?

Also, would I be better off with an ABC archer or a Poison Archer? I will be mostly PvE.

What is a good set of stats to shoot for (Str/Int/Dex)?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Armor type doesn't affect your Dex but there is a Stamina Loss Reduction bonus.
http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-81-Patch-Notes

Armor Stamina Loss Update:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.
  • Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.
I never heard about Poison Archers.

Max STR/DEX and as much Int as you manage to get. You can equip an Ecru ring to drink STR/DEX potions then equip your main ring back.
My archer has:
base: 109 STR, 104 DEX, 42 INT
with artifacts: 119 STR/DEX and 47 Int
with potions: 150 STR/DEX and 47 Int

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly I am better off wearing Blacksmith made plate armor on my Archer?

What about Carpenter made Wood Armor?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
As I know wooden armor gives you SLR but it doesn't give you LMC bonus. So there is no much sense to use it except when each piece has 6 mods (but such suit is very expensive).

It seems that most of players prefer studded to get 55 LMC. I myself prefer plate armor. IMHO SLR is more useful than 10 LMC because in this case I can do without HSL on my weapon getting an additional slot for SSI or something else. If you needn't SSI and hit effects than you could imbue up to 25 DCI and get two free slots on your jewels.

P.S. My thrower still use 4-mods weapons (Super Slayer, DI, HLL, HML) because I haven't decided yet which 5th mod to imbue :).

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 1, 2006
I quit playing when the Armor you wore affected Dex which affected how fast you shot.

With all the imbuing effects (HCI, SSI, etc.) is this still an issue?

Also, would I be better off with an ABC archer or a Poison Archer? I will be mostly PvE.

What is a good set of stats to shoot for (Str/Int/Dex)?
I still don't think Poison archer is any good. I tried it awhile ago to get the 300 skill points reduced mana cost. Poison archer still rarely gets opponents lvl5 poisoned and if you succeed they run away. Poison archer is still very very mana intensive because every shot (practically) you are trying to up the poison to lvl5. For pvm, the poison isn't a strong enough affect. I found if you want them not to heal then bleed them. I would point out from my recent review of weapons the Elven Longbow is looking better from a DPS point of view after pub 81. Poison archers are a good team character. Your goal in pvp is to dismount the opponent and then lvl 5 poison them. You won't kill them, but your partner will. I used Liche form for my poison archer with a wisp. In pvm lvl 5 poison can piss off the creature and make them try to move away so the tank needs to continuously draw the creature back to focus. Include enough HPR to offset the loss of health probably max and this suit should be very defensive. You want to stay alive at all costs to get the lvl 5 poison on the foe.

I would go more towards the abc archer, however, my template is very atypical and not straight abc. I love it though.

I have 260 stats and generally use GA and GS potions. My stats are set at str 113, dex 100, int 47 and use 50% EP. Potions and armor take me to 150 str and 150 dex.

-Lorax

Last edited: