• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Pierce

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thoughts? Better or worse than Armor Ignore?
AI pretty sure, because most anything you want to fight has high resists. AP takes the half the damage done after resists and does that much as direct damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I timed both on Balrons here: AI vs Non AI on a Cu vs Balrons

They both worked great on those.

Theres some pets that can get both. You can go to TC and put them on and see which is better for your specific target. Triceratops is one that can get both and HP Boura.

North_LS

Journeyman
AP would likely be better against mobs with trash resists or with a very low resist in the damage type the pet does (ie. ideal against the high-HP low resist mobs in blackthorns dungeon, or great on a fire beetle at navery), while AI would be ideal for mobs with higher resists.

AI is probably by far the best general use skill. AP would be better suited for a pet tailored to fight a specific monster.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
AP would likely be better against mobs with trash resists or with a very low resist in the damage type the pet does (ie. ideal against the high-HP low resist mobs in blackthorns dungeon, or great on a fire beetle at navery), while AI would be ideal for mobs with higher resists.

AI is probably by far the best general use skill. AP would be better suited for a pet tailored to fight a specific monster.
Went through the guide on AI and AP, and these posts, and still dont quite undestand why AP would be better on some mobs, even with lower resists..? Why not use AI for all? Why is AP better for some mobs? Thanks in advance..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went through the guide on AI and AP, and these posts, and still dont quite undestand why AP would be better on some mobs, even with lower resists..? Why not use AI for all? Why is AP better for some mobs? Thanks in advance..
In primitive terms, AI cancels some of the mobs resists. If the resists are low anyway, AI is of limited benefit because there is not much to cancel. AP takes a portion of post-resist damage and applies it again. On a mob with high resist, post -resist damage will be quite low, so the effect of AP will be low as well.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
In primitive terms, AI cancels some of the mobs resists. If the resists are low anyway, AI is of limited benefit because there is not much to cancel. AP takes a portion of post-resist damage and applies it again. On a mob with high resist, post -resist damage will be quite low, so the effect of AP will be low as well.
Thanks.Makes sense..Also most valuable mobs do not have low resists. few have relatively or slightly lower one resist. I guess the question may be AI being such a great move may be worth more to put on, rather than having different pets with AI and different ones with AP?
Also both these stack with CW chiv spell? CW hits on the lowest mob resist. So would AI or AP would stack on with CW?
So a fire beetle for a fire sensitive mob would: be able to : Do 100% fire damge, RC lowering ALL resists including fire res by 50%, plus EoO with Chiv xtra damage, plus CW to also hit extra that lower/lowest mob resist, Plus AI vs AP for even more..Would these stack? I realize that the debuffs sadly last only a very few seconds. What do you think? Also on top of all these you could add even lowering resists by the tamer that has Disco..? Would the Fire beetle with Chiv and AI and RC and Chiv coupled with a disco tamer be a real Navery super killer?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
i dont think fire beetle could have RC and Chiv at the same time
Hmm that would be sad. I will double check it..Otherwise a completely unique awesome pet that is rideable, all fire, RC capable. Chiv is possible but good question about the AI .. will need to check it..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv Beetles... :lol: How did we miss making those! Darn

Here is your test target.

upload_2018-6-7_22-4-43.png

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can beetles have chivalry ? I remember giant beetles and fire beetles can’t.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only beetle that can get chiv is the rune beetle. A fire beetle with chiv/rc wouldn't be overpowered at alll......
If it was just Chiv/RC it would still be inferior to any pet with Chiv/AI.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
any combo of those 2 would be just pure madness... Chiv/rc, chiv/ai, ch/rc/ai... if just for week I wish they would let us do it on test to see the Blindly Bright OP awesomeness.. =^-^=