• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor of Virtuous Ephipany question

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So me and my BFF are trying to complete these armor sets.

Everything I've read says there are 4 sets...

Black Plate/Black Gargoyle (Virtuous)
Red Dragon/Red Gargoyle (Villainous)

NOWHERE does it say there is a red platemail set and we've been down there killing the thief for days.

BUT....

He got this...actually got 2 of them many many months ago...
RareGorget.jpg

So is this a mis-hued item? Or is there a secret 5th set that we are not aware of? Does anyone know?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Black set is "Good Mana Burst" (plate set)
The Red set is "Evil Mana Burst" (Dragon scale set w/plate gorget)

Both sets are still obtainable from the mob you mentioned.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this a mis-hued item? Or is there a secret 5th set that we are not aware of? Does anyone know?
Dragon armor doesn't have its own gorget, so they used the plate one.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Been looking for the human arms and gorget for a while now. If u get duplicates that u wanna sell let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like how they put one of a kind item properties on these but made the resists so low nobody would ever really use them. Classic "sure devs you totally play" moment.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Dragon armor doesn't have its own gorget, so they used the plate one.
Ahhh ok I had no idea...I do NOT like dragon armor, it is not attractive at all so I had no clue it didn't have it's own gorget! Thanks Dot you're a lifesaver...we would have spent years down there looking for the rest of the illusive red plate set ;) lol

now you just need to get sets of this :)

Okay where did you get THAT???

My BFF has me addicted now to find and complete as many armor sets as possible....I need more manikins :/

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhh ok I had no idea...I do NOT like dragon armor, it is not attractive at all so I had no clue it didn't have it's own gorget! Thanks Dot you're a lifesaver...we would have spent years down there looking for the rest of the illusive red plate set ;) lol

Okay where did you get THAT???

My BFF has me addicted now to find and complete as many armor sets as possible....I need more manikins :/
yeah, not many people know about that armor because it only drops off Charybdis which is not your every day monster (without a doubt - boy what a fight that thing is)

here's a link: Charybdis - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Everything I've read says there are 4 sets...

Black Plate/Black Gargoyle (Virtuous)
Red Dragon/Red Gargoyle (Villainous)

NOWHERE does it say there is a red platemail set and we've been down there killing the thief for days.

BUT....

He got this...actually got 2 of them many many months ago...
View attachment 52552

guild-mate and myself went through the exact same thing couple years back.
was a fun couple months hunt to get all the reward drop suits.
i wouldn't wanna do it again, haha, but it was fun!

if ya wanna see them all let me know, they are all up on manikins at my place along with about 200 other suits that ive collected over the years.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh we are gonna measure bone suits are we!!!!!
well, crowd around boys, look what daddy is bringing to the part!

(bone suits are my deep seated fetish if you didnt know already)
((old pics from last year, i make up the Kotl suit but im missing a helm for it so far))

the colored suits are all Deamon Bone suits that are dyed with those one off shot dyes we got one per account couple years back. Doom sets, Blackthorns set, Tomb of the Kings set (light blue) Legendary Arty set and some artifact bone pieces.

again colored suits are all Deamon Bone suits that are dyed with toko dyes x 10.
then there is a Sigil Hue set, normal deamon bone red OLD, normal deamon bone NEW (difference being self repair) and of course the uber rare White Deamon Bone. Then the Spined, Barbed and Horned made sets before they changed it. a while Dreger set from new haven (spelling on that one??) and a Grizzle.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
By the way, there are at least 4 different interchangeable leg options for the Alaron's armor set. I've got shorts, skirt and kilt, but not the legs in your pic.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
By the way, there are at least 4 different interchangeable leg options for the Alaron's armor set. I've got shorts, skirt and kilt, but not the legs in your pic.
There's also a gargoyle version of the initiation suit.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Dang.....it's like there is a whole 'nother game that I have no clue about.
One of the MANY reasons I love UO....you're never done! :)

*off to hunt more suits* Thanks Poo...now I gotta catch up! lol love the collections!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its funny because i know EXACTLY where my addiction to Bone Suits comes from.
it comes from October 1997.
i use to log into the game on dial up and i would be logged off in the Abby in Yew.
i would skulk over to the bank and take out a dagger and strip naked then i would run down to the yew sheep pen and get some wool to make bandaids then from there directly down to the yew cemetery and kill stuff to make up a suit of bane armor.
with my bone armor on and my bandaids ready id then be off for a night of playing and adventuring.
i did that every night for soooooo long. at the end of the night id sell off everything in town, bank the gold and log out at the yew inn naked and ready for the next night.

good times.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
its funny because i know EXACTLY where my addiction to Bone Suits comes from.
it comes from October 1997..... i would skulk over to the bank and .... strip naked then i would run down to the yew sheep pen ... good times.
:eek: