• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Ignore or Double Strike?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Debating between longsword (Armor Ignore) or a maul(double strike) for my vampirc form paladin. Both these weapons have high base damage and I will swing at 1.25 with 35%SSI and 180 stam.

Goal: Solo bosses as fast as possible with 1h weapon + shield.

Do most boss have high minimum resist? If yes, then AI is the way to go.... If no, then double strike is the way to go.

Pros for longsword: armor ignore, swordsmanship has 1h WW weapon, scimitar double strike weapon

Pros for maul: double strike, non-existent 1h WW in mace fighting, next best AI weapon is pick axe which has higher base damage than scimitar (equivalent to broadsword). BONUS: hurts boss's stamina, which makes them swing slower. How good is this bonus? I don't know...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The answer here is... it depends on the boss. In general most bosses have pretty good resists, though you can help out a bit with things like corpse skin. If you're mostly solo, then probably swords. If you have a friend (or 2nd acct) that can disco, and corpse skin, which can reduce fire and poison resists by 29, then maybe the maul is better.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
DS gives better result against most bosses
corpse skin helps a lot ... so drop necro to 60 and get SS :)