• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Ignore not working on pets

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 Armor ignore in a row not working, pet wasted the mana , monster didnt seems to parry, just a straight wasted armor ignore x 3 , happened this morning and its been happening for a while now , i dont think they are misses , why would the pet waste mana if it was a miss , and 3 in a row like wtf

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought I saw this too the other day when my Cu (with AI) was clearing a few monsters with low HP (so AI could easily take 30% HP with 1 hit). I saw the graphic like my Cu did the AI (the white puff) but I didn't see any damage done in red and the monsters HP didn't move initially (I think my cu followed up with another hit). I chalked it up to possible lag or parry (again the monsters weren't that tough but my CU is only GM wrestle so figured it could happen).

I'll have to keep more of an eye out for this to see if it happens again.

@Pawain - Seems like you deal a good amount with pets; have you noticed this?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
When a pet initiates Armor Ignore, it will go into effect on the next hit your pet lands on the mob, so it's not instantaneous and damage can be delayed a bit. (my work network blocks videos so I can't see it now). Possible pet got parried.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pets will miss, and sometimes use AI multiple times in a row.

Watch the numbers tho, and you can see the hits.

My alk 120 dog will hit for 100ish, 170ish with EoO, 220ish AI, and 270ish EoO and AI

Maybe with a few CW in there as well, but i do notice the big damage swings.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When a pet initiates Armor Ignore, it will go into effect on the next hit your pet lands on the mob, so it's not instantaneous and damage can be delayed a bit. AI cannot be parried. (my work network blocks videos so I can't see it now).
AI can be parried.

Pets will miss, and sometimes use AI multiple times in a row.

Watch the numbers tho, and you can see the hits.

My alk 120 dog will hit for 100ish, 170ish with EoO, 220ish AI, and 270ish EoO and AI

Maybe with a few CW in there as well, but i do notice the big damage swings.
Those are impossible numbers.

AI on a 700 str, 120 tactics/anat is capped at 99-136. an EOO/AI would be 180-248. CW/EoO/AI 195-269

Of course with buffs, those number can be higher, but a standard pet, thats what it's hitting for

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AI can be parried.

AI on a 700 str, 120 tactics/anat is capped at 99-136. an EOO/AI would be 180-248. CW/EoO/AI 195-269

Of course with buffs, those number can be higher, but a standard pet, thats what it's hitting for
LOL I hear players yell out all kinds of high AI, Chiv combo hits. I am happy with anything over 150.

Your WW hit the drone for the most of all the pets I saw there.

AI was working last night. I dont think there was any patches today.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
[QUOTE

AI on a 700 str, 120 tactics/anat is capped at 99-136. an EOO/AI would be 180-248. CW/EoO/AI 195-269[/QUOTE]

Maybe with a few CW in there as well, but i do notice the big damage swings

Re read what i said. That is inline with with your numbers exactly.