• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Ignore Cu Sidhe with no magery or AOE skills?

Finegold

Journeyman
Was going to make my next Cu with Chiv... but I'm balking now at the 500 point (plus scroll costs) investment of chiv. Also nervous about mixed reports I read about chiv.

Does anyone have experience with a straight AI Cu?

pro's con's?

Pros I can think of without any experience using straight AI Cu in the field:
* more HP
* better chance for AI to be used
* less mana chewed up
* not casting wrong spell at inconvenient time

Cons:
less damage? (dunno)
less survivability? (dunno)

Thx for your input.

North_LS

Journeyman
i think you'd be leaving some damage on the table, but it'd still be a good pet. maybe throw on CB for some added damage at a much lower point cost. Best aspect of Cus (imo) is being able to set up a bunch of them a bunch of different ways. give it a shot and see if you like it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My best killers have AI and Chiv. They work fine in groups and on single targets. Used them through the invasions and sorc dungeon. They get surrounded by different things at spawns they can kill the easy stuff but when the crowd gets to ten or more things that would kill any pet I just walk up, mount them and move to a spot with only 6 things on them and they do just fine. I die a lot more in spawns than my pet does.

The base Cu or any pet that can get the same base setup can kill many things in the game. The magic makes then kill faster and heal/remove curses/cure.

AI and Chiv. Goo, AI, and Chiv. Both make good Cus.

Does anyone have experience with a straight AI Cu?
It would work but in 3 minutes the mana will be 50 anyway. Add at least one other thing.

Cu Sidhe Builds Thats why I made this thread.

Rimmuk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i do love that thread. :) thx for the insight
My favorite Cu has AI and Chiv only and he destroys things. I choose not to add Goo to he would use chiv and ai more and he does. You won't be disappointed. The only weakness I have observed is lack of aoe which can be annoying for clearing lower level champ spawns mobs. That's a minor inconvenience but if you want add goo on there. Either way you can't go wrong and take chiv, you won't be disappointed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite Cu has AI and Chiv only and he destroys things. I choose not to add Goo to he would use chiv and ai more and he does. You won't be disappointed. The only weakness I have observed is lack of aoe which can be annoying for clearing lower level champ spawns mobs. That's a minor inconvenience but if you want add goo on there. Either way you can't go wrong and take chiv, you won't be disappointed.
That's why I have a White one with no area and a Black one with Goo.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys dont find adding also conductive blast helps at all? or just is an extra mana drain?
They reduced the duration of CB to 2 seconds. But it does work for that 2 seconds.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They reduced the duration of CB to 2 seconds. But it does work for that 2 seconds.
CB lasting 2 seconds really sucks. Would you still add it to your Cus? Im having second thoughts, and dont know if I should or not..Ty for info..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CB lasting 2 seconds really sucks. Would you still add it to your Cus? Im having second thoughts, and dont know if I should or not..Ty for info..
I made the CB build first. Worked fine last year. No, I would not put it on one now. Maybe they will increase the duration one day.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I made the CB build first. Worked fine last year. No, I would not put it on one now. Maybe they will increase the duration one day.
Thats a shame, to have such a move/special and MAKE IT USELESS with the nerforama ideology..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a shame, to have such a move/special and MAKE IT USELESS with the nerforama ideology..
For a specific set up. If you have a fellow energy damage drake with the CB cu, that would help even for the short duration.

But, the 50% energy resist reduction was NICE. We should write it up as a bug report to the team and see if gets changed.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For a specific set up. If you have a fellow energy damage drake with the CB cu, that would help even for the short duration.

But, the 50% energy resist reduction was NICE. We should write it up as a bug report to the team and see if gets changed.
PLEASE DO! It would be awesome to get back the 4 seconds or even more duration! Why make a good move useless?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally like having Disco and no AoE. But, then I don't take it to places where I'm fighting groups (I use my dime for that).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I personally like having Disco and no AoE. But, then I don't take it to places where I'm fighting groups (I use my dime for that).
Of interest would be the question: Does disco affect ALL the neaby targets in a spawn situation? Or just ONE? If it would affect all nearby or multiple nearby targets with one shot of the disko song, then that opens the horizons for much more effective AoE attacks..? Ty for info..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Of interest would be the question: Does disco affect ALL the neaby targets in a spawn situation? Or just ONE? If it would affect all nearby or multiple nearby targets with one shot of the disko song, then that opens the horizons for much more effective AoE attacks..? Ty for info..
Also imagine Disco, CB, and AI happening at same time..? Would that be cool? Or it just does not happen. Any1 tested that?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you can have many mob's discorded, but it is one at a time(its not an AOE)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are fighting multiple mobs, it will disco the one it is fighting. Usually, in this instance, what will happen is that the different attackers will cause it to target-switch a lot, and you'll end up with 2,3,4 or more of the mass discoed before it concentrates more on one target than the others. I see this happen a lot at the Dragon Turtle spawn against the Myrms.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you are fighting multiple mobs, it will disco the one it is fighting. Usually, in this instance, what will happen is that the different attackers will cause it to target-switch a lot, and you'll end up with 2,3,4 or more of the mass discoed before it concentrates more on one target than the others. I see this happen a lot at the Dragon Turtle spawn against the Myrms.
ty for info..