• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Ariana Erikkson for Governor (Minoc)

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ariana thought long and hard about what the needs of her hometown are. She knew that as regional President of the Trade and Commerce Commission she could only do so much, power would lack to take the city further. She knew that if she asked her uncle Kalmar for an endorsement, he would not be quick to give it to her. She would have to earn his approval, as much as any other citizen of Minoc, perhaps even more so.

Her father, Kinner, had joined the Royal Britannian Guards at the age of 18. She was now 21 and felt a self-imposed pressure to do great works, like her family. He father, mother, and older brother had all been killed when the Shadowlords invaded Minoc during the War of Shadows. She had been left an orphan and would have had to suffer the horrors of many orphans had it not been for her uncle. Kalmar had been younger than her father and had just finished his formal training when news broke of the fate of his family. Her grandfather had been part of the Royal Navy, so he survived his son's passing. When they both returned home, Kalmar took over Ariana's rearing.

And Kalmar, who loves Ariana as if she were his own daughter, has always taught her to do good for others... that those deeds would return to her. She looked up to him, thought the world of him. But what would he think about her going into the political life? She was unsure. But she knew what must be done.

She wrote her uncle a long letter, telling him all her plans for the city. She told him she'd help Captain Julian Lefluer rebuild the Royal Guard, since he was soon to retire. She spoke of the contests and attractions she hopes to host; of the dance's and merry fairs that would surely attract folks back to the city. She showed great passion.

When she finished the letter, she sent it off with the Britannian Post overnight to the city of Umbra. And once her uncle read the letter, he didn't need much convincing. He sent word that he would meet her at the Minoc Mint to sign his endorsement.

So, check! She had that done. Now came the harder part. Convincing the citizens of Minoc to vote for her. To put their trust in her, knowing full well she represented the family name --- Erikkson. She thought of how she could let the citizens know of her plans. Her uncle said she could use the Erikkson Estate to set up her campaign center and suggested that she get some brochures printed. She agreed.

So she asked her closest friends to help her pass out the brochures at all the local banks. Hopefully the passion that her uncle saw in her comes through and they choose to vote for her.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Many of you know that Pandora plays Kalmar, the Captain of the RBG of Umbra. I created this character from Kalmar's own biography that is so beautifully written. I enjoy playing with Pandy and thought this would be fun! Her manner of RP always includes the surrounding NPC's... she speaks FOR them. It gives us the full immersion of our surroundings. Captain Julian was given a last name, Lefluer. He is the NPC that sits by the Governing Stone in Minoc. There is also a "Worried Guard" a few screens south that was also given a last name, Arlin Spencer. We sometimes will do that, give NPC's some life.

We hope you enjoy our story! :)

~ Sue.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have my votes!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL she put me on the spot... linking my bio! Holy hell... I had to rush and post an update. I had not written one in some time. At any rate, its nice to see my friend writing and being creative and having fun with this new system! I love RP'ing with you Sue! :heart:

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making you work Pandy! Hehe.

I still need more votes for my little Ariana, she will be giving a speech today for her constitutes at 7 pm est in Minoc Bank. ;)

Thank you everyone for reading my post!

~ Sue.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hoorah! Can't wait for the election so we can get started with all of our PLANS!!!

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be, despite many obstacles we've had to cross, running for Governor of Minoc again.

Please vote for me and you will see more events and contests like the ones that I put on this last term.

~ Sue.