• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ArenaNet Planning Guild Wars 2′s Open Beta?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guild Wars 2 possible planning on Open Beta's leaked out with an Interview with Angel Leigh McCoy, Stories in the Ether Author & Guild Wars 2 Designer which may confirm earlier rumors swirling around on the internet. As we all know this is speculation and guesses when Guild Wars 2 is being released.

This comment from the article

"That last question is the big one, eh? And, I cannot answer it because I don’t know the answer. What I can tell you is that we’re currently in Closed Beta and planning has begun for an Open Beta. It’s all extremely exciting, and the game is coming along smashingly. It really is like magic when it all starts coming together and you see what an enormous accomplishment you’ve contributed to," ArenaNet's Angel Leigh McCoy told Nevermet Press.
This is the second of two ArenaNet devs that have mentioned in recent weeks of a possible timeline. This gives us Guild Wars 2 fans some hope that the game will be out in the coming months.

As many of us GW2 fans have said, "The wait is well worth it just get the game out right instead of rushing it out." That as we all know, is a killer of MMO's if not done right.

Keep an eye out for open beta's invites when ArenaNet announces them. Make sure you are signed up for the newsletter on the Guild Wars 2 site to be one of the lucky ones! Please check out the great interview with Angel Leigh McCoy from the Nevermet Press site.

*We At Guild Wars 2 stratics would like to thank 'Nevermet Press' for conducting a great interview for all the GW2 fans to see and enjoy!*