• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Area Effect Abilities

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Aura of Energy
Explosive Goo
Essence of Earth

I have aura of energy on a unicorn. As far as I can tell, the way it works is that it has a chance to proc from the pet getting hit. Please correct me if that's wrong. The damage is very low, typically single digits, but is good for grabbing agro. I didn't realize how this ability worked until after taking it and now I can't get my pets magic resist or parry up at spell binders because as soon as it procs they all die. For some reason it also hits any blue wandering healers in the area. Super annoying, I don't recommend taking it. The uni also has mystic and uses mass sleep fairly often, then aura goes off and they all wake up again. Lame, but a good learning experience for me. I'll likely remake the uni (or maybe a lesser) with AI/mystic.

Questions:

Does goo work the same way? How's the damage on goo? Better than single digits?

Anyone know about essence of Earth?

Put Put

Visitor
Aura of Energy
Explosive Goo
Essence of Earth

I have aura of energy on a unicorn. As far as I can tell, the way it works is that it has a chance to proc from the pet getting hit. Please correct me if that's wrong. The damage is very low, typically single digits, but is good for grabbing agro. I didn't realize how this ability worked until after taking it and now I can't get my pets magic resist or parry up at spell binders because as soon as it procs they all die. For some reason it also hits any blue wandering healers in the area. Super annoying, I don't recommend taking it. The uni also has mystic and uses mass sleep fairly often, then aura goes off and they all wake up again. Lame, but a good learning experience for me. I'll likely remake the uni (or maybe a lesser) with AI/mystic.

Questions:

Does goo work the same way? How's the damage on goo? Better than single digits?

Anyone know about essence of Earth?
There is a sweet spot you can outrange aura and still have the pet hit with spellbinders buffs, have to use a boat though. Just recently trained chiv up on a aura pet.

Neton

Journeyman
stay on the boat and simply ask your pet to follow u and it wouldn't retaliate the spellbinders.