Are you with us? (Secret champ spawn)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
About a year ago I tried to rally enough people to help me with this "champion spawn" and simply couldn't get enough volunteers. Maybe its the lack of an artie or no pretty gold piles at the conclusion of it all. But if you'll take a look at this thread it proves what I was saying. There is indeed a "champion spawn" and possibly takes the longest to complete. No...there is no title at the end of it all. Just the sheer enjoyment of getting Meraktus to appear. The spawn is in the Labyrinth, fighting reptalons, minotaurs, air elementals, a named called Pyre and the occasional rend. Its just something that I would love to do sometime. I think I was having trouble getting people to help because I had trouble finding proof that the thing even existed. Well, if you follow that link I put in (make sure you check my comment tword the bottom), you can view a recorded video of a guild that DID get Meraktus to appear.

And sorry, no its not found in Felucca so no powerscrolls will be awarded.

So, I don't have a definite date set, but if I can get enough people interested...then again I ask: Are you with us?

J

jelinidas

Perahaps Im wrong, but didn't a guild just try this? I think it may have been the United Pirates. As I recall they found it not working. Couldn't get it to spawn at the end. Still sounds fun though!

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 7, 2005
Right behind you
While this champ spawn has been no secret for some time, I have yet to see/hear of this thing being completed on catskills. We have tried on Fri. nite hunts, and a couple other guild related orginized hunts. The most recent being here in this thread. ( http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=106362 ). Again the nite ended up in failure.

That being said, I will still gladly show up and bring my dragon along because I for one hate that this is the only champ spawn that has eluded me. Any others wishing to participate I recomend watching the video. As you watch it pay attention to the messages the minataurs are supposed to yell out and the areas in which he gets that message.

the last attempt had far greater numbers than what is seen in this groups successful running and we covered the same areas.

Time and place and if I can I will be there.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
Yes Jelinidas it is actually there. If you watch the video you will see evidence of this. Watching the video shows the message of the Minotaur calling for help. You, like many, were probably expecting to see an explosion of gold at the "end". The only conclusion of the spawn will be seeing the dead Merkataus on the ground. So while in the massive battle of reptalons and minotaurs if you happen to be on the far side of where Merkataus spawns, you may miss "it" ending. Staying partied up and using programs like ICQ or Ventrilo should ensure that everyone will know once Merkataus has been defeated.

Once a date has been set I will certainly post it, this doesn't mean you can't try before hand...just know that this is a NASTY-MEAN spawn. If we can get Merkataus to pop then I will do my best to take screen-shots of it, and hopefully all the tamers will lore it so we can finally record how many hp it has and its resists. Check out the video Jelinidas, I think you will find it very interesting.

I wish the pirates would have invited me to the spawn. :(

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
In reviewing Uthar Pendragon's thread of his adventures in killing Meraktus, I feel like I'm always a step behind in the player run "events" and adventures. :(

I desperately want to be a part of an army of players, spanning many guilds and friendships. In Uthar Pendragon's post I wish to inform him and any reading (in case your just skipping to the bottom of this thread line here) that that spawn is completed once you kill Meraktus. No gold will cover the landscape, no powerscrolls, no title will be earned. Just the satisfaction of being one of the few who accomplish this exhausting task. I feel so awful for missing out on doing it that night. :(

I've been speaking about this dungeon/champ spawn a lot in the boards lately and even on Ventrillo and in-game. I feel like I am rallying a small army to go after Merkatus. Of coarse with the horrid lag issue, it may be wise to wait until EA gets that resolved, but if enough people say "Just go for it" then I'll certainly be in.

If and when this does happen, I hope someone is able to get a Animal Lore off on Merkatus so we can see his stats and HP. I wonder if there is a slayer that works on Minotaurs? Maybe Repond?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
I'll always join any adventure with small chance to survive.
To my knowledge, a bovine slayer talisman and Repond Slayers both work on the Minotaurs.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
I'm in! My guys and I have tried to do this spawn before, after three hours of killing spawn and seeing those messages about people calling to people or something, we left because nothing was going on. We killed some named monsters, though.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
Jelinidas, Uthar Pendragon, Hawkeye Pike and Lady Calina I hope you all will be able to make it when a date is set. After dying to the point that I ran out of insurance money and lost my favorite ring and bracelet though due to the (now quite severe) lag issue, I do feel it will be best to delay this at least until UO is running normally.

I may have to test out the bovine slayer theory though, and I do have a repond weapon, so I'll test out that theory too, so don't be surprised if you see me (or one of my alts) there through the week.

Please, anyone reading this is able to verify the repond/bovine slayers as well, post here. And of course we can always use people who are good at killing reptalons. Surly there are some good dragon killers out there? Thanks for your attention.

G

GirlPower

Hmm I have heard about this , but never got the chance to do it. I definately would like to tho.

S

Shotgun

I have a Merkatus slayer tally too and the only reason i saved it was cuz i didnt know what a Merkatus was....well at least now i know it is worth something. maybe ill dig it out and use it if you try this spawn

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
Somewhere in my hoard of almost worthless talismans, I also have a tormented minotaur killer talisman. I only keep it since it's the first talisman I ever received as loot.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
I would LOVE to see a Merkatus slayer talisman screen-shot. For the doubters about this spawn, that is sheer proof of his (or hers, whatever the case may be) existence. If erm...um anyone has one that they have no real use for, I'd love to add that to my collection. :blushing:

Actually one of my favorite items in the game is my totem of the void, which has minotaur protection. I don't know how much "proctection" actually helps but I always have that on. :D

Oh, and I found this thread I thought it would be interesting...

So, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll do my best to keep everyone up to speed as to when a definite date will be set. Thank you again for your attention.

Oh...and Uthar Pendragon, I don't know if you check you "in-box" but I sent you a private message here in stratics. :)

S

Shotgun

well Bob i am what i like to call pc challenged so ill try posting a screenshot of my tally. here goes......
[/IMG] hopefully you can see it

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
Oh yes, I can see it :) and its a nice one too. ty for screen-shot. I'll probably be working rather late tonight :( so I don't know if I'll be on. But thank you very much for the screen-shot. :)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
Ok, I'm not sure who is in charge of updating UOGuide.com but my thanks goes out to you. Whoever it is has just updated new pertanent information about Meraktus. Follow this link to see what UOGuide has to say about her or him, whichever the case may be. And I was EXTREMLY excited that there is this pic of quite possibly the rarest ever seen creature in all of Sosaria. The FEMALE minotaur. According to the site its called a Tormented Minotaur.

I'm sure like many of you Meraktus may not be number one on your priority list, but I hope you will give it some thought. No, I have not picked out a date/time for it yet. But stay tuned to this thread for more info on that. :) As always, thank you for your time.

-Bob
a.k.a.
-Hagrid (of Catskills)