• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are you getting your resources ready for Khaldun?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-9-21_0-50-9.png

upload_2018-9-21_0-51-2.png

This fish smell is not going away.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where do we get the recipe for tasty treats? Do we have to be a cook?
Caddelite infused cooking tool?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So ty railshot. The guide does not say anything more than 40 fish steaks and standing near the grill.

So i am hoping the answer is no to all my questions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need to stand next to the grill in the Khaldun. Camp. There is no infused Skillet you use fish that are infused and caught in T2A. At the moment you can teleport over the hill to get into the area without doing the quest so hurry.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What does Caddelite do? I've read people saying you need it to damage the monsters in Khaldun, but I can go in there and damage them just fine?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ok. so you do need cooking min skill 60, but everyone has the recipe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made more yesterday. On LS we talk in chat and have an assembly line going. Some players I know some I dont. We have a really fanatic fisherwoman, an insane wood chopper that found a never ending forest somewhere. I take my beetle and load it up. I think we have enough wood for the whole shard and a lot to spare.

Then there are individuals that do their own. I have a cook stationed at the camp for making the pulp and treats.

There are players who are on for >12 hours a day that love this kind of stuff.

Players are taking others thru the quest like a tour bus. I have not done the quest yet.

I have 4 scrappers and a bunch of plain spellbooks. Sess made a bunch of bows yesterday.

Teamwork

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made more yesterday. On LS we talk in chat and have an assembly line going. Some players I know some I dont. We have a really fanatic fisherwoman, an insane wood chopper that found a never ending forest somewhere. I take my beetle and load it up. I think we have enough wood for the whole shard and a lot to spare.

Then there are individuals that do their own. I have a cook stationed at the camp for making the pulp and treats.

Players are taking others thru the quest like a tour bus. I have not done the quest yet.

I have 4 scrappers and a bunch of plain spellbooks. Sess made a bunch of bows yesterday.

Teamwork
Oh, that's nice. I already made enough (I think) treats. I also found out that I never bothered to train a lumberjack, so no bark for me lol. And I think I'll wait and see if Samps are REEALLY needed there before messing with making an axe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv and AI damage all the Mobs. Cus will rule! As usual.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good evening all if you are interested.. you can gather normal treats as well.. with this quest .. 1 per toon per 24 hours.. and sadly they don't stack.. ( Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) also if you are on LS I have the chain outlined at my library in north luna ( Serenity of Wrath Luna Library In north Luna(welcome players) ) .. hope this helps.. back to bed for me.. =^-^=
You have a Constellation named for you buddy!

upload_2018-9-22_13-49-57.png

Misspelled but we know its you.

And this one brings a tear:

upload_2018-9-22_13-54-48.png

North_LS

Journeyman

Teamwork
I can help out with lumberjacking and mining if you guys still need it, could use a bit of help on the fishing / cooking end.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are on every night. You cant miss us in chat.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I went to Khul for the first time last night, guild mate gated me to the camp, I didn't know anything about the quest-hopefully I'll finish it tonight. I was in there for around 45 minutes and only received 1 cult artifact. Is that normal? At the very least I want 30 for the belt. I don't have a crafter character and people are selling the pet treats for crazy high prices on Pacific. Wondering if I should make a crafter character, or pay up, because so far it seems it's going to take quite awhile to get 30 cult arties, plus I wouldn't mind having the boots too.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I feel your pain Southpaw. In past events with “of the ’whatever’’” my drop rate scary low. While others I knew were getting nice amounts each time, I was getting 1 or 2. I will try when I can but I have the feeling I’ll be making others very rich, as I would like to get about 6 belts.
With that said, there is a potion you can get, that supposedly increases the drop rate. You can get one for free at the camp and can buy more from the UO store. They cost 200 sovereign each. That might be worth while to get.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I feel your pain Southpaw. In past events with “of the ’whatever’’” my drop rate scary low. While others I knew were getting nice amounts each time, I was getting 1 or 2. I will try when I can but I have the feeling I’ll be making others very rich, as I would like to get about 6 belts.
With that said, there is a potion you can get, that supposedly increases the drop rate. You can get one for free at the camp and can buy more from the UO store. They cost 200 sovereign each. That might be worth while to get.
I got the free potion, haven't used it yet. Thanks for explaining what it does. Hopefully it works pretty well. Now I have to decide to either pay up or create a crafter just for this event. The dungeon seems pretty weak except for the area around the champ spawn-that area is a death trap. A group of us did kill the champ boss though-I got looting rights but surprisingly did NOT get a cult arty from him-lame.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamers are at a disadvantage on the first two levels. Any melee toon with chiv and a WW weapon can kill the spawn in bulk.

Spend all your time there and you will get drops. I gave away hundreds of treats on LS before I left. Hopefully nobody is trying to sell them for high prices there.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far, zero drops for my tamer, but only done one whole spawn, and the tail end of another.

On the other hand, I've gotten 16 from hidden chests and puzzle chests, even with all the other competition for those.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've only hunted on the first level so far, mostly near or at the champ spawn. I'll have to check out the rest of it tonight. A guild friend gave me 5 treats, but other guild mates were asking 100k for 5 and non-guildies were asking 2-3 times that. Maybe they'll get cheaper when the excitement dies down or more people get informed and start making them. Based on what I've read here, they're pretty easy to make aren't they? I figure I could start a new toon on Pacific, start with 50 baking and buy up fishing, but the reality is I really don't enjoy crafting. I'll have to check the going prices again tonight. Seems like without the potion I might get 1-2 arties per hour, not sure how much the potion will help, I'll probably need around 30-40 treats to get 30 arties for the healing/vet belt. The sad thing is that once I get the belt, I don't see any more reason to hunt there. I guess the fel side has 4 guaranteed 120 scroll drops, but it's also a very hard champ spawn that I highly doubt can be solo'd plus the fel side is swarming with PK's.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So far, zero drops for my tamer, but only done one whole spawn, and the tail end of another.

On the other hand, I've gotten 16 from hidden chests and puzzle chests, even with all the other competition for those.
Do you have to have detect hidden and lock picking for those chests or can you use spells like reveal and magic unlock? Also can pets with high detect hidden reveal the chests?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tamers are at a disadvantage on the first two levels. Any melee toon with chiv and a WW weapon can kill the spawn in bulk.

Spend all your time there and you will get drops. I gave away hundreds of treats on LS before I left. Hopefully nobody is trying to sell them for high prices there.
I don't think my character is at a disadvantage the first two levels. In fact, I think It does fairly well with drops. Average about 4 drops on the first two levels for about 10 minutes of work.

Pet choice and template factor largely into this.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I don't think my character is at a disadvantage the first two levels. In fact, I think It does fairly well with drops. Average about 4 drops on the first two levels for about 10 minutes of work.

Which pet damage type is best against the mobs down there? I've only used a CU so far, but was thinking maybe a Naja would be good. I know the champ boss has high resists to everything, but not sure about the other mobs.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Then you have not seen a melee toon drag off 40 mobs at a time and kill with 4 swings. What pet can kill 40 in 5 seconds?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The second pic in this thread shows what they do on LS. Macro for attack

They pile them up and the ww toon walks in and kills them all.

20181003_162505.jpg

I have nice place to post.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
That second pic is exactly what I experienced last night. I died twice and I must have rezzed 10+ other people. Nobody put up energy fields, but I will next time. It's very busy down there which = laggy and when the hoard of shadow ele's come it's extremely hard to survive.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I switched pets and ran back in without paying attention. Notice how I said wow instead of invising. I promptly died.

With the fields you can do some area spells on them and put a pet there if no ww person kills them fast.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then you have not seen a melee toon drag off 40 mobs at a time and kill with 4 swings. What pet can kill 40 in 5 seconds?
This ^. Tamers are at a definite disadvantage there when it comes to the Skeletons. I brought a FWW+Poison Breath Najasaurus there, and there were so many Skeletons that he wasn't able to damage due to their Resists. My Wammy on the other hand can Con Wep, run in, and WW down massive groups no problem. That is until the Viscera show up, because they slow swing speed when you hit them, which stacks until the point where you stop swinging for several seconds (very dangerous for a Sampire/Wammy that's dependent on landing hits to heal). Got 3 drops there with my Disco/Tamer. My Wammy gets them faster.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do you have spell weaving on your template? They have 2 spells to damage the fire or ice skellies, and just hurting them builds points for drops.

A chiv cu does great on almost all mobs till the purple skellies.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I went in last night, without potion I was averaging 1 artie per 20 minutes about. No chests. I thought about trying to open the puzzle chests, but I'm terrible at it. Not sure if there's a guide around for those?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you have to have detect hidden and lock picking for those chests or can you use spells like reveal and magic unlock? Also can pets with high detect hidden reveal the chests?
No idea about pets, but you need high lockpicking and at least 83 Detect Hidden to find the general area of the chests passively if human. Elves need less DH, according to reports. However, ACTIVELY using DH can find the boxes if you know where to start looking, about 20 points lower (just like the Kotl boxes). The problem is that there's only about 10 boxes at any given time in Khaldun, you have to be detecting a spot within about 5-6 steps of the hidden chest, and it's a very big place. I actually found a few by brute force active searching in the first few days it was live, before I hit 83 DH, but that meant spending about a minute per screen width.

On the bright side, I've started getting 3-5 cult items with my tamer per spawn since late Tuesday. That first day or so sucked - but I seem to remember something similar happening with the Terort Skitas event last year on the first day or two.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went in last night, without potion I was averaging 1 artie per 20 minutes about. No chests. I thought about trying to open the puzzle chests, but I'm terrible at it. Not sure if there's a guide around for those?
It helps if you have LP at gm, gives the first slot, and 3 more colors.

From there i dou le first color. And put the last 2 it gives in remaining slots.

It will tell you how many colors are right, and whats in the right place.
(3 right 2 colors wrong slot, or 2 right 2 wrong slot).

From there its easy. Just deduce the slot that doesnt fit, and go through in order of colors till it opens.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It helps if you have LP at gm, gives the first slot, and 3 more colors.

From there i dou le first color. And put the last 2 it gives in remaining slots.

It will tell you how many colors are right, and whats in the right place.
(3 right 2 colors wrong slot, or 2 right 2 wrong slot).

From there its easy. Just deduce the slot that doesnt fit, and go through in order of colors till it opens.
Good job! Can you put a little more detail on this explanation please? Thanks!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok if it says first slot is LBlue, and then 1 green 1 red 1 yellow,

I would out LB, G, G, R, Y.
If it says i have 2 right, i switch the R and Y
LB,G G Y R
If it says i have 1 right i put it back, and move a green to the R
LB, G R G Y.

So by doubling the first color that is on the list, i can figure out if that one is in the right place, its just process of elimination. Once you have figured out which of the doubled colors is not needed, and all your otjer colors are in the right place, its easy to cycle through the rest till you find the right one.

Wear an 70s suit and your looking at around 14 damage from the traps, easy to heal from and keep tinkering with em...

This is not the best way, but it works for me.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I made a video of me doing a Puzzle Chest without lockpicking (where you get no hints). It's basically just a process of elimination. I start with 1 color and go down the line until it is correct, then I go to the first incorrect slot and use the next color, go down the line until it is correct. Rinse, repeat. Just need to remember which slots are correct.

You can set the video playback speed to .25 if it's moving too fast to follow.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One technique I do when doing one on a character with no LP, is the following. There's a lot of variation based on circumstances.

First try: 3 white (first color), 2 light blue (second color). (If I get 0/0, I repeat the process with colors 3 & 4, then 5 & 6, then 7 & 8.) Usually, though, you get at least 1 color in the first two tries.

Next: Starting with the result, say, 2 colors 1 correct, I start subbing one of the colors in for the other, until I identify which spots are which. The process of elimination is usually fairly simple.

Then, with the first 1-4 spots with the correct colors, I fill the remaining spots with one (if 1-3 spots open) or two (if 4 spots open, 2 per color as a variation of step 1) of the next colors down the line. if a color works, drop in a color you know doesn't work in one slot at a time until you find the correct matchups. If you did the 2 & 2, make sure that there isn't more than 2 of one of the colors is needed, by using one of them to sub.

It doesn't take long. And, it's even quicker if you use orange petals and something like gift of renewal.