• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are you always being raided in Despise and Destard? Heres why.

Incognito

Visitor
For the past year or more I have noticed during random despise fights a wraith form blue character stealthing on and off of the island. Sometimes soon after I see this character, people show up to raid. Other times, no one comes. I noticed a bit of a pattern that no matter what server I was on, this little hidden wraith blue would randomly appear caught in a field on the island. After a little more digging, I discovered that this little blue wraith is on almost all servers. I took the time to follow him, and noticed he logs out and in at a location that does not port you out like it should in champ spawns. That despise location is here;

Soon after, I noticed another little blue wraith in Destard. Again, I found him on several servers, and his nifty little log out place that does not port upon login is here;

I took the time to look for him anywhere that I had characters either red or equipped with the right skills to detect him. The servers I found this bot on are; Atlantic, Seige, Napa, Origin, Sonoma, Pacific, Legends, Catskills, Baja, Chesapeake, and Lake Superior. Enough servers to tell me he is probably on all servers. The log in and out locations, and the path he takes on all servers is the same. It is obvious that it is some sort of caming rail script like what was used back in the day before the spawn changes. This bot can be located anytime day or night, and seems to cycle through every 20-30 minutes or so.

I have paged, and sent an email to BS with the exact details and names. I’m posting this here to bring more awareness to this. Maybe if more people find him and page something will be done about it. It’s quite possible that he has rails in other spawn areas too.

Incognito

Visitor
What is a rail?
A rail is just an abbreviated way to explain a more advanced script that has pathfinding commands. So for example, this person/persons/guild/guilds could have an illegal program/script that cycles through logging in a character, walking to the alter, scanning the amount of candles on the alter, and sending out icq messages to X amount of contacts that X spawn, on X server, is being worked. Then it walks back to the logout location and logs out. It can then cycle through the next server etc. ect. This would explain why sometimes a raid follows and sometimes it doesn't. If no one is online then no one comes. But the bots can be found anytime day or night regardless. Unless he/she/they/them see this post and turns it off for a few days, but that's unlikely. Its been running for several months that I know of.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A rail is just an abbreviated way to explain a more advanced script that has pathfinding commands. So for example, this person/persons/guild/guilds could have an illegal program/script that cycles through logging in a character, walking to the alter, scanning the amount of candles on the alter, and sending out icq messages to X amount of contacts that X spawn, on X server, is being worked. Then it walks back to the logout location and logs out. It can then cycle through the next server etc. ect. This would explain why sometimes a raid follows and sometimes it doesn't. If no one is online then no one comes. But the bots can be found anytime day or night regardless. Unless he/she/they/them see this post and turns it off for a few days, but that's unlikely. Its been running for several months that I know of.
Oddly enough when I have mentioned this to people I'm told that I'm full of it and no one does champ spawn watching anymore etc, etc, etc... and I'm just complaining about nothing...

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah, he's been running them for way more than a couple months just so you know ...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could always start dropping scrolls in tram. That would solve the problem :)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Could always start dropping scrolls in tram. That would solve the problem :)
Not really, that would just begin the era of having 20 people suddenly show up once you get the tram champ up. At least in fel you can find, kill, trap, and otherwise harass the scripts.

All this can be fixed by increasing the area that is considered to be a champ spawn. The entire dungeon, all of t2a, and star room. The login and out bots will no longer work, and will be ported to shrines like they should be.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wait until endless journey comes out! They will be everywhere.
unless they remove these restrictions,

Trial accounts have travel restrictions –
  • Cannot visit Felucca dungeons or Felucca T2A
EJ accounts won't be able to do what this thread is talking about.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EJ accounts won’t be able to go to fel dungeons or T2A???

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EJ accounts won’t be able to go to fel dungeons or T2A???
according to the current 14-day trial restrictions, they won't be able to.

The only difference between now and when EJ comes out (so far) is the removal of the 14-day limitation.

Here are the current restrictions for the 14-day trial

Edit: there are some restrictions that make no sense.

Boats: these need to be refreshed, if a player isn't playing, their boat will decay and anything on it will be lost.
Soulstones: these are sold on the store, so restricting their use, effectively prevents EJ users from buying them.

Since EJ is designed only to allow people to try the game before subbing, and is not intended to replace subbed accounts most of the other restrictions seem fine (IMO)

It was also mentioned in one of the newsletters, that the restrictions are still in development as well.

Also, the "Repeatable Quest" restriction needs to be clarified... does it mean EJ users can't do Any quests? or just not do the quests more than once?

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember hearing or reading somewhere that ej was not going to restrict fel. It was one of the selling points or perks for pvpers to return to PvP, and live out of their banks. I remember even thinking of all the ways that was going to be abused....

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the first step... you taking notes? 1. Put liter size glass in freezer. 2. After 20 min remove glass. 3. I am pretty sure you will put what you like in your own glass.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember hearing or reading somewhere that ej was not going to restrict fel. It was one of the selling points or perks for pvpers to return to PvP, and live out of their banks. I remember even thinking of all the ways that was going to be abused....
Well, Trial accounts currently can't use Powerscrolls either, that alone is going to severely limit the template viability. 120 weapon skill for dexers is essential, same with eval-int for casters or eval-int equivalent skills.

the spellweaving quest is a "repeatable quest", which might mean you can't train spellweaving on an EJ account, the way it's worded, makes it sound like you can't do the quests at all under the current restrictions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This person is paying for this account right now. If it is this important to him, he will continue paying.

This is not an EJ issue. This is an exploit/bug that should be documented and sent to the team.

EJ accounts can get pack drops. They cant open a container. Why should they be able to open a player corpse?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This person is paying for this account right now. If it is this important to him, he will continue paying.

This is not an EJ issue. This is an exploit/bug that should be documented and sent to the team.

EJ accounts can get pack drops. They cant open a container. Why should they be able to open a player corpse?
Technically this is not an exploit or a bug, it's an advanced script. When the champ changes were made to stop ghost cams in spawns, they made a set radius around the alter that will port anyone logging in to a shrine. These areas and many like them are simply outside of that set radius. People have just gotten smarter since then, and found convenient ways to continue the cams by adding rails. The only fix I can think of is like I have said before, increase the port out radius to include the entire dungeon and the entire t2a facet and the star room.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok. Sounds like the team knows about this and has no answer other than leaving it be.

Right now, it is a feature of the game.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been going on for at least a couple years. To me this particular script doesn't effect me a whole lot but I can see how it would piss a lot of people off. There are also a lot of other sleezy scripts people are running. Ea or whoever runs UO now never did care a whole lot about this type of crap. It makes no sense complaining anymore. Sadly all they care about about are paid accounts. That being said, as uo has become a very small number of players, a large percentage of the remaining base is trashy. Nothing we can do about, complaining only goes on deaf ears. That is fact.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Technically this is not an exploit or a bug, it's an advanced script. When the champ changes were made to stop ghost cams in spawns, they made a set radius around the alter that will port anyone logging in to a shrine. These areas and many like them are simply outside of that set radius. People have just gotten smarter since then, and found convenient ways to continue the cams by adding rails. The only fix I can think of is like I have said before, increase the port out radius to include the entire dungeon and the entire t2a facet and the star room.
I doubt that would solve the problem. the script already seems to be able to log in, stealth up to the spawn and then stealth back to it's safe log out position. I bet with the changes you suggest they would just alter the script to start from guard zone (e.g. serpent's hold) and then stealth all the way down to the champ spawn and back. would your idea make it harder for them - yes it would. would it get rid of them - I doubt it.

I have seen stealth-mining scripters on Siege who went to one of the Ilshenar gates and mine a couple of screens away from them. when they're full they stealth back to the gate and go to luna where they unload and then back to Ilshenar. The only thing that gave them away was a glitch in CC where you see items "flying" across the screen when dropped into the bank box - in this case ore. It took a whole while to figure out where they were going too... when we killed them they simply altered the script to go to a different location. When paged on they disappeared but a couple of days later (when their hiding and stealth was trained up enough) a new randomly named character would take over :-/

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that being said I have rarely been raided when doing despise on Siege... might be my time zone though.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why does it matter? It's just the same as scouting...
let's see.
1 - scouting: log in, actively run around, search, run from dungeon 2 dungeon; or have team do it & coordinate efforts
requires effort, coordination, activity, decision-making
2 - script on rails: sit back & let code to it 4 u
requires u 2 press play.

1 not equal to 2. no, not same. lol.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
The Endless Journey Accounts WILL have FULL access to Felucca. The EJ accounts have Nothing to do with the Old 14 days Trial Accounts.

Mesanna said that on M&G, that the only restrictions they will have is EM programs, Account Age Rewards, Houses, Boats and bank limitation access, other than that the game will be just like any other paid account.

What do I get with Endless Journey?

Endless Journey accounts receive complementary access to all Ultima Online expansions through Stygian Abyss. Other expansions can be purchased and applied to an Endless Journey account. Endless Journey accounts have access to Ultima Online’s core features and can enjoy exploring Britannia, training character skills, making friendships that will last a lifetime, and much more!

What are the other restrictions on an Endless Journey account?

Full restrictions are still in active development and a comprehensive list will be available as soon as it is finalized. As of this time Endless Journey accounts will not be eligible for EM rewards, promotional, holiday, or veteran rewards. Endless Journey accounts may not place ships. Endless Journey accounts may only enter public housing and may not access containers or stacks of items within a house. Endless Journey accounts cannot place or rent vendors and cannot be co-owned or friended to a house.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To anyone that says ghost cams don’t exist anymore, it’s gotten bad enough that i have a character simply creating for exorcising them. Has enough skills that I can also detect stealth scouts (which I’m okay with as long as it isn’t a script).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To anyone that says ghost cams don’t exist anymore, it’s gotten bad enough that i have a character simply creating for exorcising them. Has enough skills that I can also detect stealth scouts (which I’m okay with as long as it isn’t a script).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Ghost cams" by definition, do not exist anymore. They added a fix long ago that any ghost found in a spawn area without an active corpse is automatically ported to a shrine. You can't use exorcism on a ghost that has an active corpse, so the exorcism spell has been useless for many years.
However, wraithform stealth rail cams seem to be the new craze.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol
Yea, its been going on since like 2014...
Nothing new
Kind of lame, but Mesanna isnt going to do anything about it.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the subscribed accounts to get all kinds of scrolls by killing anything in Fel. EJ drops are only limited to the champ areas. So the EJ cameras are just raiding EJs.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As far as EJ goes I have a lot of mixed feelings. But if it gets people playing bring it on, I'll deal with the fall out.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And don't just fix it by changing the way the dungeon works, get rid of this dude and all of his accounts please.
Banning might be a stretch but a fix would go far. You would hate for these guys to have another melt down over there on the ATL boards.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still like how people actually think that after they "fix" something it remains fixed forever.
Everytime they add a Patch, they break something and Yes......MANY of the old "bugs" work again.
You could say there are almost enough legacy bugs that wok again to make using an old "website we will never mention" again for tips ;)
nb, for legal reasons i state i do not nor never have done anything classed as Exploiting, duping, using bugs, shard crashing, or anything else in that "grey" area you can think of. I am purer than the driven snow :naughty-angel:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still like how people actually think that after they "fix" something it remains fixed forever.
Everytime they add a Patch, they break something and Yes......MANY of the old "bugs" work again.
You could say there are almost enough legacy bugs that wok again to make using an old "website we will never mention" again for tips ;)
nb, for legal reasons i state i do not nor never have done anything classed as Exploiting, duping, using bugs, shard crashing, or anything else in that "grey" area you can think of. I am purer than the driven snow :naughty-angel:
I have been amazed at how many of the old bugs/exploits have became active again over the last couple of years...... And remain active despite being reported by several folks.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Who really care? You're doing a spawn in fel + you get pvp.. Win win?

The person who runs this is not to fear.

+ Fixing these spots will not make a diffrance its not too diffcult to increase the radius the character has to run..

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really, that would just begin the era of having 20 people suddenly show up once you get the tram champ up. At least in fel you can find, kill, trap, and otherwise harass the scripts.

All this can be fixed by increasing the area that is considered to be a champ spawn. The entire dungeon, all of t2a, and star room. The login and out bots will no longer work, and will be ported to shrines like they should be.
I am not absolutely certain but I believe that the protector must also be within the area that is considered the champ spawn in order to get the additional scrolls. Making the entire dungeon/t2a would make it easier to get those scrolls.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fellow on Baja runs a trio so the protection thing isn't a problem for him / him / her. All three of them head for the altar when Baracoon appears.

The moral of the story is, if you're going to be spawning Fel Dungeon Despise Baja, bring some friends who can wipe out a pair of experienced PKers and a sampire -- or, do it while the fellow is at work (in "real life").

TheWolf

Adventurer
Takes like 30 to 40 minutes to do a spawn, and takes less effort than running some complicated pathing and reporting script. Why not just do the spawn? lol

The few greedy ones in this community, never cease to amaze and disgust me

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is good info for the community. I hope Broadsword acts swiftly to remove this loophole. I’m fine with getting raided... but I think the raiders should have to work to find me, just like I have to work to defeat the spawn and fight off the attackers.

Is this script only being used in Despise and Destard?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep all comments and replies without any trolling or accusations. All posts that do not follow will be removed and warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We often get raided because we are busy announcing the fact we are doing the spawns in general chat, and what level we are at so raiders can get to us in time. :D

To put ghostcams up seems to me to be a huge amount of effort for no purpose.

Just ask them to come to Europa, and we'll let them know. :thumbup: