• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are valorite runic hammers worth getting?

TrackStar

Journeyman
It seems like every conversation I see about crafting revolves around the lesser runics.

1. When is it worth burning through valorite hammers?

2. when should I go for the other runics?

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I stocked up on valorite hammers to make a bunch of reforged dexxer platemail but ended up selling them instead. IMO they are still worth using for this purpose.

TrackStar

Journeyman
I stocked up on valorite hammers to make a bunch of reforged dexxer platemail but ended up selling them instead. IMO they are still worth using for this purpose.
could you not theoretically get the best weapons (or really any blacksmith item) from valorite runics?

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
could you not theoretically get the best weapons (or really any blacksmith item) from valorite runics?
Well the best weapons are pvp weapons with splinter, hit spell and hld and you can't make those with runics. You can make a 70 hit spell and 70 elemental damage weapon which are sought after but you use lower runics for them not valorite. I suppose there is a scope for pvm weapons using valorite but they don't sell for much and most of the time people are imbuing over 100 percent elemental reforged blanks to make them instead.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This you can answer yourself by going to TC and crafting whjat you want with the hammers there and see if it is worth it for you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are what you use if you want to make plate for the Less Stamina Loss Bonus.

My Archers use Barbed Runics for their armor. Most of my Melee dexxers use Barbed also because they wear some artifact metal pieces.

I prefer Bone, Studded or Hide for the LMC bonus.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
They are what you use if you want to make plate for the Less Stamina Loss Bonus.

My Archers use Barbed Runics for their armor. Most of my Melee dexxers use Barbed also because they wear some artifact metal pieces.

I prefer Bone, Studded or Hide for the LMC bonus.
What are you doing with them? Random crafring (15 per hammer) or some reforging which will be like 2-3 per hammer. Looks too expensive.
I am ok with copper or bronze for reforging. 30+charges and easy to get or buy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you doing with them? Random crafring (15 per hammer) or some reforging which will be like 2-3 per hammer. Looks too expensive.
They have been out a long time. I have lots of max charge ones. They make the same amount of properties as barbed kits. So if you want to lose less stamina when hit, that is a use for them.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry but no no no runic tools suck random sucks if they weren't used to reforge which randomly sucks as well they would be totally useless..

TrackStar

Journeyman
How does the type of runic you use affect the reforging process?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why do they suck? Because random? You just don't like that aspect? What do you do instead?
Yes because they are totally random even using them to reforge is random but at least you can set parameters and increase the odds of getting the mods you want they are all ok for creating 100% elemental weapons but again i don't find burning through multiple charges for a maybe to be ok . I tolerate them
For luck suits and slayer weapons

gwen

Slightly Crazed
How does the type of runic you use affect the reforging process?
link above shows caps of properties you can get with different hammers and other runics by reforging

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Yes because they are totally random even using them to reforge is random but at least you can set parameters and increase the odds of getting the mods you want they are all ok for creating 100% elemental weapons but again i don't find burning through multiple charges for a maybe to be ok . I tolerate them
For luck suits and slayer weapons
Nope. Comparing to looting, reforging is actually awesome. It removes even more randomness. You reforging weapon you want with emphasis on properties you want.
How long (and how much gold) it will take you to make 10 x 100% elemental double axes? And how long it will take to kill mobs to get same quantity of double swords xlean or at least with useful properties? Not +1 Stam and -100 requirements. First (runic) option up to 1 hour and several million. Second -forever !
Don't like reforging ? Buy weapon on VS.
In real life casting parts are also sometimes scrapped because of some defects, inclusions , porosity or wrong final metal chemical composition.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope. Comparing to looting, reforging is actually awesome. It removes even more randomness. You reforging weapon you want with emphasis on properties you want.
How long (and how much gold) it will take you to make 10 x 100% elemental double axes? And how long it will take to kill mobs to get same quantity of double swords xlean or at least with useful properties? Not +1 Stam and -100 requirements. First (runic) option up to 1 hour and several million. Second -forever !
Don't like reforging ? Buy weapon on VS.
In real life casting parts are also sometimes scrapped because of some defects, inclusions , porosity or wrong final metal chemical composition.

I never and I mean really never use looted weapons crafting should be greater than all but artifact level loot with no randomness..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I never and I mean really never use looted weapons crafting should be greater than all but artifact level loot with no randomness..
Just crafting with colored ingots +imbuing takes your weapon to Lesser Artifact level. Zero randomness. Fully reliable. Exactly what you want.
I use looted. Just for right encounter. Like blackthorn.

TrackStar

Journeyman

What would you specifically be looking to get from using valorite hammers for dexxer plate and how would you use the hammers? Only for the reforging process?

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What would you specifically be looking to get from using valorite hammers for dexxer plate and how would you use the hammers? Only for the reforging process?
Looking for high stamina and lmc mainly everything else is a bonus. Yes you craft the base plate pieces with a normal hammer with iron then reforge with the runic.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well you've mentioned valorite here and I saw someone recently talking about agapite being good for something. I'll have to look for it.
I think Agapite can get things on shields that others can't.