• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there any real men left on siege?

A

AntiOTF

Does anyone take a beaten, and just say good kill anymore, without calling in 6 -7 to gank his superior that just wtfpwned him? I mean, if this is the way it's gonna be, then it's the way it's gonna be, but have we no honor left, Siege Perilous?

I mean I'm not gonna be taking 20 mins to restock, just to get ganked and dry looted as if I showed no honor by humiliating this has been 1 on 1. Seriously people, if you get your rear handed to you on a paper plate, just man the hell up and accept defeat. You don't have to call in 7 people to get your precious items back. *shakes head*

1 on 1, they're nothing....

7 on 1, they're the baddest guild to ever walk the shard.

G

I feel you dear. I try to 1v1 pvp but find meself getting ganked all thee time. I be nakie and am just trying out me UO maccros to learn teh PvP ropes. But yet I still get ganked...even tho I yells I want 1v1 fights.

Mehh! Back to board PvP of which I ownsworzers. LOLCAT ftw.

G

lol, that does seem pretty sad actually... It's even worse when they call in backup in the middle of the fight (running around while they wait for help).

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's pretty much the way UO is nowadays. Not just on Siege. It's the same on production shards too.

I'm usually playing alone so I'm used to most always being outnumbered. Since I'm new to Siege and my skills are mostly high 80s and 90s I'm usually relegated to running away when I'm attacked.

I just dodged Krystal, Elvis, Abaddon and Sprago earlier tonight. They broke off the chase when they didn't catch me the first time. Though they did manage go stop me from going through the moongate. Regardless though I'm not sticking around for a 4v1 fight not even with a developed character.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

That's pretty much the way UO is nowadays. Not just on Siege. It's the same on production shards too.

I'm usually playing alone so I'm used to most always being outnumbered. Since I'm new to Siege and my skills are mostly high 80s and 90s I'm usually relegated to running away when I'm attacked.

I just dodged Krystal, Elvis, Abaddon and Sprago earlier tonight. They broke off the chase when they didn't catch me the first time. Though they did manage go stop me from going through the moongate. Regardless though I'm not sticking around for a 4v1 fight not even with a developed character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you say that we ran into them!

A

AntiOTF

Yeah I made a run for the gate, but they had 4 blocking it, so I couldn't get through, then once they disounted me, I tried running for the house, but they hired mongbats and llama's to block the entrance.

G

Aye.

I don't call guards, either. They work for that half-wit, British.

Of course, I can't fight my way out of a paper bag, but that wasn't your question.

A

Azural Kane

Er, yeah... you really owned me there slick... I had just logged in unhidden and came back from being AFK... with no regs on me... to find you attacking me. Not that I really care, I logged in a dumb place, but at least be halfway aware of your surroundings, lawl.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

How long did it take for the gank-squad to appear!?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

C

CorwinWE

Siege was always that way, there were some exceptions, but they were rare. If you're going to fight alone, you have to be able to kill fast and get out before the gank comes .. or else ... get ready to fight them too, and even if you manage that you better get ready for the next wave when they hop on their alternate accounts and call in their allies.

There were some nights I just had to log out laughing for all the people roaming the area around my tower and the ice dungeon chomping at the bit to try to kill me after what had started out as a small fight.

A

AntiOTF

Yeah but this time Rayk and Tetsujin were a lil too slow at rescuing him. Funny thing though, he claim he didn't have regs before, but this time I looted the exact same bags, and they were full of regs. just didn't have time to open them last time. I just know whenever I kill him, that I have to loot fast, and only take the important things before the crew shows up.

Azural: I think you better start staying by your guildies side, cause you're just not safe out there in the world alone. *chuckles*

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
I timed it at yew gate last night.
I attacked puffy solo, no backup.
Puffy ran around not engaging but not disengaging (aka, trying to hold my interest) for ~35-40 seconds before I was stealth dismounted. Literally within a second of being dismounted my screen was full of names, the whole crew. My last sets of words were: "---ut oh" in uoam chat followed by "ut oh" in game. C'mon guys, next time I expect to be dead before I have time to even type ut oh, much less realize it went to uoam cuz of -'s and then retype into uo... you guys are slippin!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
naw we just got a little pep in our step, we are going to be active so hopefully the jsv BLUE alliance has fun and can back their [censored] talk

A

Azural Kane

Wow, you really are deluded...

Did you not look at your own screenshot that you posted above? See any regs on my corpse, genius? Had a pair of arcane boots on with only a handful of charges as I was out shopping and had went AFK.

You've managed to kill me twice when I just came back to the keyboard and was sitting down... give yourself a big pat on the back.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm not about [censored] talking... actions speak louder than words. Your template hits pretty hard but it doesn't change the fact you're a conceded twit. So worked up over the fact that you got nature furied in your house by some passerby that you're spewing tantrums all over Siege. Pretty funny, honestly.

G

RTLFC

The fear of death is a natural feeling for adolecent teens and young adults. It's the first realization of age, and hopefully after this stage the maturity level will increase... lol.

Seriously though, if you get slaughtered/killed honorably... why? Why call in a gank squad for the inability to initiate a kill sucessfully. Shame really.

A

Azural Kane

Actually... I got back to the keyboard and went in vent "hey, I'm dead. Looks like Cheapsuit got me here at the gate if anyone can throw me a rez..." but think what you'd like. Actually laughed my ass off when 6 or 7 of us showed up to take him down.

This morning though, your "gank squad" was one person that I was partied with. If you wanna call Rayk that I'm sure he'd be honored.

If you read my post you wont find a single word complaining of being killed. Nice try, anyway.

I've yet to actually see the guy on screen while I was actually devoting my attention to what was going on... I didn't say anything about trying to initiate a kill let alone did I have the chance to react because I was barely looking at the screen.

Extrapolate what you want, it doesn't change much. Like I said above... he killed me fair and square while I was AFK, my fault for not getting a human hide off, but doesn't change the fact that he's blowing up his pride regarding a completely moot "fight".

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you read my post you wont find a single word complaining of being killed. Nice try, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's best to be acceptant to your own advice, and listen to it occationally. As I said in my original post...
RTLFC

I've seen this crap in my few days back on siege already (I've even attacked someone with a 1/2 FC/FCR, and had that said red run like hell from me... but only far enough for me to catch up to them, knew they where calling in a gank so I left).

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

naw we just got a little pep in our step, we are going to be active so hopefully the jsv BLUE alliance has fun and can back their [censored] talk

[/ QUOTE ]Nothing wrong with that.
I dont mean to whine, I have nothing to whine about. All of you were orange, and I was aggressor. Next time I'll be sure to involve my team

G

I DID read what you had to say (with some regret seeing as your rather naive).

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Not once did I say you where complaining... now try READING my posts. "Nice try, anyway."

Immature pricks of this world I tell you...

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

The fear of death is a natural feeling for adolecent teens and young adults. It's the first realization of age, and hopefully after this stage the maturity level will increase... lol.

Seriously though, if you get slaughtered/killed honorably... why? Why call in a gank squad for the inability to initiate a kill sucessfully. Shame really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er yeah... you didn't spell it out, but it's laid on pretty thick even so.

If you go back and actually read what I posted then you'll see the entire reason I even posted to begin with.

It's just pretty ridiculous that you construe up a bunch of BS about "calling in the gank squad" and random [censored] when, truly, you haven't a clue what even happened. Don't really need to type it again, already said it before.

Some of you trashtalkers are pretty farking comical, really. Get a life, it's a game, and yet some of you actually feel the need to post screenshots of killing someone who didn't even fight back like an actual fight even took place.

Might want to re-evaluate your whole "adolecent teen" logic there before spouting off at someone you don't know, and about a situation you weren't the slightest bit involved in. Lawl.

Like I said originally in many ways... I don't give a crap that I got killed. If I would have cared that much, I never would have been sitting at the bank risking it. It's just incredible to me that someone would have such a small ego that needs inflated, that they'd make EVERY effort to change ANY situation to look like they actually accomplished something... just to look good in a game.

Take a screenshot when there's a situation that's actually WORTHY of it. If you're fluffing it up at any opportunity, it only highlights ones lack of confidence and overinflated ego all the more. It's quite laughable really... and people wonder why Siege has a reputation of it's players having zero maturity.

G

You aren't getting it though, my post was directed at my, MY, most recent experience of what a previous poster was commenting on.
As you say it may be laid thick, but unless you feel you actually committed this "act", it was in no way directly relating to you, but rather my experience.

And I do hope you aren't accusing me of trash talking. Honestly, if what I said was trash talking... then this shards definately gone all trammel on me. Board pvp used to be better then calling someone immature, lol.

Also, last I remember, Siege isn't known as the community with zero maturity level. (atleast it wasn't 2+ years ago)

<blockquote><hr>

It's just incredible to me that someone would have such a small ego that needs inflated, that they'd make EVERY effort to change ANY situation to look like they actually accomplished something... just to look good in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far is this is concerned though, I'll fully agree with this... but it gives people something to laugh at (either with them, or at them)

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have done it plenty, so dont say we shouldnt follow suit.. I just wana pvp this board crap is getting old. We wont be 1 v 1ing anymore so everyone knows. Just call in for backup because ours will be on the way.

We dont got any #'s though so we wont be able too do much

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I have a ton of responses to the title of this post, but every one of them violates ROC =/

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

[/ QUOTE ]
WOA, i missed this post until people started quoting it! I just can't sit back without responding myself!

fear of death in rl does not relate. But there is no fear of death in this game, as death is not perma, so I try to instill one by looting/putting people in stat. It creates a sense of danger and risk... which can create a phony fear of game death for both me AND others.

You, mr gondor, try to stand higher than the people picking on you in this game by belittling them. What you need to understand mr gondor, is that I (and many people) don't give two craps about what so many people think is 'honorable' in this GAME. Because I dont take a holier than thou stance. I dont pretend to be an angel, unlike you people talking about your all mighty 'honor'.
If someone kills me, I have no problem killing them 'from the grave' and I will hope my help calls get my 'revenge'.

Many of the 'honorable' fights you people lovingly want are boring and pointless in my mind. I want something on the line when I fight. I want to feel excitement and know that I can gain or lose. Sure, sometimes I res, or don't loot, or do some combination of the two. And sometimes someone does the same to me. But thats not out of honor or some other such bs. I'll do it out of respect (of skill, actions, the person, a cool move they did, somethign funny they said, etc) or thanks, or some such. But that is always decided AFTER the fight.

Do I always res the same people? no. if someone resses me does that mean ill res them? no. If I res someone do i expect them to res me? no. Its a case by case basis for me.

Example: once i was talking to Puffy outside trinny. Mas comes up and attacks puffy. I drop Mas. I res Mas, I dont loot, and explain i was trying to talk to puffy. We then all proceed to talk. Another time I participate in a Mas gank, I loot, I dont res.

Example: my alliance drops HaHa outside Skara. It was a gank. We ressed him. I gave his armor back because he was a good sport about it. Another time we kill HaHa, but there is a continuing threat and some of us need equipment, I dont res him, I dont give his armor back.
Example: I 1v1 cheapsuite at Yew. I run out of bandaids. I call in gank. We drop him. I had fun during our 1v1, so later I res him at his house, and actually left his armor and jewels outside his house (i dont know if he noticed it tho...). Just cuz i run outta bandies dont mean im gonna roll over and die.
Later cheap and I 1v1 in umbra. I actually tell alliance to not interfere, I wanted to try him again, by myself. This time he runs out of aids (gawd, i dunno how he ran outta aids before posion!), he runs away. Alliance drops him outside his house (I even got killing blow). they looted, i didnt res. I did actually apologized via PM though, but thats besides the point and out of game.

You see? Your honor is bs, its boring and hardly anyone actually backs up their words. Res/no loot fights is just as fun as havign a blue tamer res over and over sicking pets on you. Lame. My respect and desire to have fun *is fun* to me and since I dont pretend to be a nice guy I can do whatever the heck I feel like and not care.

On a side note.. I hate when people talk about the grand old days of uo when everyone was honorable and held hands singing. What game were you playing?!?!? I remember the old days as people releasing dragons in town then looting, pks ravaging EVERYWHERE killing all looting all, cutting up bodies and house looting, murdering newbie miners outside minoc for handfuls of ore, etc etc etc etc. This game is 1000000x times more carebear now than it was 9 years ago...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it is, the tamer to pvp ratio is kind of ridiculous, but now we can just stat them and take them out of our fights. Shouldnt be long any takers on how long it takes for the blue jsv's to quit factions bc of statloss?

2-3 weeks... I could be wrong, I could be right... Well let them decide.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

any takers on how long it takes for the blue jsv's to quit factions bc of statloss?

[/ QUOTE ]hehe puffy, you do know you left factions already once because of statloss:) That took, two weeks? :p
At least they stayed in from the start! (with support from 60 blue alliance members) :p

G

Ah hell, I suppose I've had my fun of board pvp for the day.

As far as the "fear of death" topic is concerned, it is a true topic that MOST teens go through... and it is more then natural. To deny it is not something our culture should do, but educate our youth perhaps.
Also would like to state that this quote was no way intended to be tied into the game/RL topic, hah. It was more of a joke rather then something intended for a deep topic.

Anyway though...

As far as my being holier then thou, I chuckle. Here I am trying to make arguement and suddenly i'm holier then though. No, I'm not getting into this arguement.

Also, the "old times" topic you brought up. You had people releaseing dragons in town and all that other good stuff, but if you died and lost your gear... did it ever matter?
It wasn't nearly as item based as it is now, and best of all... it made the game more enjoyable in mine, and alot of peoples opinion.

Oh and I do belittle people, or try sometimes, that are picking on me. I will not deny that. I prefer that as opposed to "insulting their mothers", but I atleast try to belittle them on the issues at hand and not issues that have nothing to do with the topic.

Also note, I find this whole topic about calling in the gank squad somewhat laughable though I'm afraid. I don't really care if KOS or any other guild call in 7 or 20 people to kill one person, that is really their choice.

(if you run out of bandaids you could either: A- Carry more; B- Run from the fight to restock)
Don't nessessarly HAVE to call for help, or you don't HAVE to just give up and let them kill you.

(board pvp over with, you do seem like a good person so do take care)

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

As far as the "fear of death" topic is concerned, it is a true topic that MOST teens go through... and it is more then natural. To deny it is not something our culture should do, but educate our youth perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree 150%. But it has nothign to do with uo's death.
<blockquote><hr>

Also would like to state that this quote was no way intended to be tied into the game/RL topic, hah. It was more of a joke rather then something intended for a deep topic.

[/ QUOTE ] my bad. I thought you were trying to justify why I/some try to stay alive in game.

<blockquote><hr>

As far as my being holier then thou, I chuckle. Here I am trying to make arguement and suddenly i'm holier then though. No, I'm not getting into this arguement.

[/ QUOTE ]Ok, so maybe this honestly doesn't apply to you. I went off on you since most people who talk about 'honorable' play fit into this category.
<blockquote><hr>

Also, the "old times" topic you brought up. You had people releaseing dragons in town and all that other good stuff, but if you died and lost your gear... did it ever matter?

[/ QUOTE ] yes, it did. Much more than it does now. Today I just go to my house and put on more armor. Back then I had one silver katana. If I lost it, I could no longer fight liches until I managed to find another. I also could hardly afford a 20k set of GM armor. I was wearing monster loot. I was young, and inexperienced with online gaming back then (well, everyone was the latter), but due to my age, internet connection, and play style I gained experience much more slowly than some. Gold had a lot of value to me, my first house (after I already got scammed 100k in a bad transaction) was a huge prize for me. I had to save up with a friend for a long time to afford it. So, in a long winded answer, yes, it did matter when I lost my stuff. It mattered much more than it does now.

<blockquote><hr>

It wasn't nearly as item based as it is now, and best of all... it made the game more enjoyable in mine, and alot of peoples opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]I dont feel siege is item based much at all... I dont carry any 'great' items other than my siege bless (weapon). Thats it... and I still get kills.

<blockquote><hr>

Also note, I find this whole topic about calling in the gank squad somewhat laughable though I'm afraid. I don't really care if KOS or any other guild call in 7 or 20 people to kill one person, that is really their choice.

[/ QUOTE ]I prefer group fights to one on one. And I always assume my opponent will call in gank, so i am always ready to call in reinforcements.
<blockquote><hr>

(if you run out of bandaids you could either: A- Carry more;

[/ QUOTE ]nothign I can really say tot his than 'true'. But, I do go with 120 bandies...
<blockquote><hr>

B- Run from the fight to restock)

[/ QUOTE ]sorry, thats not 'honorable'. Running from a fight when losing is something that people whine about all the time here. If you'd like I can start gathering links to threads of all the usual suspects complaining about people running from fights.
<blockquote><hr>

Don't nessessarly HAVE to call for help,

[/ QUOTE ]True. But why not? What is the reason that I benefit from, or gain more enjoyment form the game by not calling in help? This is my most guaranteed way of NOT losing my stuff. I've died running. Happened in despise just last night.
<blockquote><hr>

or you don't HAVE to just give up and let them kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]But thats the honorable thing to do... according to the usual suspects... If I run im dishonorable, If I call in help im dishonorable, if I hide im using a gimp template... I'm supposed to fight to the end, without running, without running away to heal, without using my team... if I am to try and be honorable... according to some.
<blockquote><hr>

(board pvp over with, you do seem like a good person so do take care)

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry for blowing up on you with the honorable stuff... I guess you actually are not one of the usual whiners.

Who are you in game?

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Example: my alliance drops HaHa outside Skara. It was a gank. We ressed him. I gave his armor back because he was a good sport about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh , thats why i had ressed ya other day when i had got you near the bagball arena, i seldom get favors, but dont forget em when i do

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ehhh that was in the building stage of the guild, I totally agree but during the magincia event the best thing was to not be faction so we could keep going there to fight andn ot wait 20 mins.... Now we have alot of peolpe with finished chars and playing together on the same page.... It takes time to learn how to fight with people which Im sure you understand... Either way we are factions now and are planning on making a stand

ps do you got sigils and when can we steal them. We will be doing the actual faction thing, we arent just in for MI to farm with our tamers like a certain alliance. CoF Criminals or Felons?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Example: my alliance drops HaHa outside Skara. It was a gank. We ressed him. I gave his armor back because he was a good sport about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh , thats why i had ressed ya other day when i had got you near the bagball arena, i seldom get favors, but dont forget em when i do

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly.
I don't expect it of you to ever again and I didn't expect it of you to then.
I dont mind if you do tho:)
And don't expect it of me to ever again, but that's not to say it won't happen.

When people get their expectations up, they only open themselves to be let down. This game is not important enough in my life for me to let it hurt me.
I treat every situation in a case by case basis.

G

Well I was Gondor (so there was no confusion via boards)

But that was changed to Te'Kan

(which I have no complaints about and THANK YOU AGAIN Mo'Gluk for letting me have him back for now, I definately will try to renouce your debt with Masumatek)

I can't afford a name change token until I get my paycheck, and even then I would prefer to get permission from Mo'gluk

~ps~
Don't look to hard for me just yet, I'm currently trying to regain tactics to use weapon specials because anatomy is no longer good enough (sighs).

A

AntiOTF

First of all.... lighten up, Man, this is all for kicks and fun. Board pvp/screenies are suppose to be fun for everyone, anytime it becomes a pain in the butt to your everyday life, then it's time to give it up.

Secondly... The first screenie I took was becuz after your crew ganked me, they started talking mad crap saying "smile for the camera" etc. etc. so I figured hey, no one can play the screenie game better than me, so it's on.

The second picture was to discredit the entire thing about you not having regs the first time, had you not said that, i probably wouldn't have even attacked you the second time... *thinks*..... Well not true, I would have owned you anyway due to the mad crap your crew was talking. I will admit that I catch you at some of the weirdest and unexpected times, but on Siege, you gotta be ready at all times.

Strangelove: Your name is exactly what I call my auntie and brother's relationship, she irons his boxers! Granted he is like the son she never had, but I mean damn!

Fighting you is always a blast, and the reason I probably ran out of aids, is because my stock is soley based of marks corpse, the only thing I have to someties make own my opwn are pots. The rest I just live off my marks, so I tend to be a bit conservative. And as far as poison goes, well I drink that and blood for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I usually have a nice stock of that with me.

G

Really Aeowyn I killed you and your dog, tamer vs tamer(I know that sounds really bad doesnt it in a pvp thread) about a week ago outside the trinsic gate area and before i could loot ,4 or your guildies showed up one of them another tamer and tried to kill me and my pet, hmmm, but then again this is a "man" thread and well were women, so not sure where that puts us. In some sort of superior status I'm sure, okay I'm babbling, bye.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
I timed it at yew gate last night.
I attacked puffy solo, no backup.
Puffy ran around not engaging but not disengaging (aka, trying to hold my interest) for ~35-40 seconds before I was stealth dismounted. Literally within a second of being dismounted my screen was full of names, the whole crew. My last sets of words were: "---ut oh" in uoam chat followed by "ut oh" in game. C'mon guys, next time I expect to be dead before I have time to even type ut oh, much less realize it went to uoam cuz of -'s and then retype into uo... you guys are slippin!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, this calling for backup is a normal strategy for Siege Perilous... but it can
backfire... a backup attack vs a counter-backup attack. Maybe some sort of
spantaneous battles could happen.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

They say a thousand words.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, I only counted 6.