• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Are there any old school miners out there?

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm just an old school miner. As I have a lot of time to think, as we meander from one mountain to another. That is, my two trusted friends Nell and Sod and I. I was wondering lately.

Are we the last of our kind?

I have herd it told there are better ways to mine for ore. Strange beasts you can ride and even smelt your ore for you. I don't know much about all that. Just herd a few folks talk'en in town last season when we was there.

Seams to me all ya need to smelt ore is a good hot forge and a little time.

A good hot fire at the end of another hard day is a welcome sight. I always put Nell and sod in the stable when we are close to town.

So any like minded folk out there? Or are we the last of our kind?

Any way's I'd like here your story and see some pic's of your typical day of mining.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great pictures! Sure there are plenty of miners around. A lot are scripters mind.

The beast you refer to would be a Fire Beetle. Can use it as a portable forge to smelt on the go.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago I used to live around the Delucia forge. Mine and then smelt and people would come by with requests for armor or weapons or for repairs. I had built up trust with many clients who would allow me to repair their stuff with the knowledge that some of it might break and if I wanted I could pretend that it broke and take an item (which I never did). Then runics came out and somehow that all ended. I couldn't keep up with the BODs as other players with more time. Then monster loot was revamped and that truly ended my life as a miner smith.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great pictures! Sure there are plenty of miners around. A lot are scripters mind.

The beast you refer to would be a Fire Beetle. Can use it as a portable forge to smelt on the go.
I think he knows it's a fire beetle but was role playing the old miner who has resisted changes :) That's some serious role playing.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are times I'll log on my miner and dig in the pass west of Brit. Then leap frog the ore down to the forge to smelt.

onion456

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
im with ya buddy. grew up in that very spot. for a long time i made a pretty penny sellin ingots by the thousands. eventually i got smart n bought a small house by the road northeast of orc valley, grandmastered my smithing there. traveled a bit, learnt some things.. now i own a nice villa well surrounded by mountains, built me own forge & anvil. while i do mine round the house occasionally for the quck ingots, most times nowadays ye be findin me in covetous minin the saltpeter. =)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also still enjoy mining, walk across the mountains and along the paths together with my loyal friends enjoying the wilderness as i go...........

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i agree!! mining is like fishing to me. A sort of tranquil thing to do after slaying monsters at spawns or at the abyss a good way to unwind. and yes i love my fire beetle makes things so much easier