• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are the Rumors TRUE????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK the BIG “?” is TSO/EA Land/MAXIS/SIMS online.. what ever name you go buy these days CLOSING their online doors? Rumor has it your in trouble and that is why NO one is replying No one is answer questions, So I guess our question to you is, is our hard earned real life dollars going to waste every month? Because the game is at statue quote once again, nothing is being added, fixed, or answered the last 3 plus weeks, nothing but trouble, no reorder buttons, lots of sim money invested in UNapproved items, Approvals are taking dayzzzzzzzzzzzzz and still nothing is approved.. So can someone be kind to find in their hearts SOME ANSWERS to concerned paying players. Now tomorrow being Wednesday once again for updates/upgrades, we are skeered to face another delemia WHAT IS THE ANSWERS DEVS??? Did you all go on vacation or strike AGAIN? We really need to know as a loyal game you try to be, so prove us all wrong and come up with a solutions we can live with. Thanks for hearing me out, but a little communication goes a LONGGGGGGGGGGG way.

G

Omg.. Enough!

No they are not closing their doors, have some common sense please.

A developement team that is working their asses off for us should be treated with more respect people.

Everyone thinks because they don't have a town hall, or post a blog means they arent working.

Well they are! So much they don't have time to write up a whole page blog on the updates, programming and enginering takes alot more time then you think.

1 simple update can take a team of 10 a whole day of working,
Plus they have to test/debug of all it and approve all game works.

This is not the OPENING of tso, 5 years ago, yes, they had countless number of employees for tso, this game was going to be the big boom, bringing the most leading offline computer franchise in history to online? They were prepared. Tso started off jampacked and slowly died down.

This is the revival of tso, with less money, less employee's and less operating space.

Give them time and let it unfold, if it turns out to be a fluke, so be it. Move to another game, theres thousands out there.

G

Time is good, I am not asking for a wedding date to be set, I am simply asking for CONSIDERATION, so if you are UN sure as to the correct answer or have nothing of knowledge for me, I would appreciate you staying off my question.
Thank You Very Much !!!!

G

Lmao.. Once again, I am just stating the common sense..

They have communicated with us more then enough already, most games dont even have blogs yet alone in game developers to talk to.

If you havent noticed the blog has countless*** pages of blog updates, game updates, and overall well being communication.

G

I think she has a legit question.. we all have been waiting to hear answers. Alot of peeps have unapproved CC , others have other bug issues.. but what .. cause she has concerns and voices them she is wrong. We should be updated to whats going on. What tip toe around because this is in beta? NOT we are here helping testing... we should have input we should have our says.. we should have answers to questions... A simple response to any of the numerous posts other peeps have posted. Shoot EAland was CLOSED and not one Dev came one to tell us what was wrong... Please I know the Dev's work hard and I've worked in a programing environment and know how they are... they are long and hard days.... even for those not programmers.. but excuse me... if a customer called to find out or had issues with a bug with the last upgrade of the program.. someone took the time to discuss it with them.. one on one.. we are asking a post somewhere so everyone can see.. thats not asking a lot.. as paying customers we all deserve at least that. We have all sat around and pumped up this game and praised them for all their hard work. Why can't we get some answers to questions that have been asked since the merge on bug issues from Skinable frame disappearing (new improvement with tons of bugs) to CC not being approved ( new improvement that was said to be improved via the blog by LUC ) What we don't have the right to be worried not hearing from them..

Prior to merge I was one of the biggest fans and telling everyone to have patiance.. but at least then we were getting update... Patience is running low as well as moral ... Back then we were having communications.. Last week we had an update and yet to see version notes to it.. No I don't think its asking to much for some answers to questions that never seem to be answered... and its always they are to busy.. well then why are the bugs still all here.. bugs that have been for months the effect each and everyone of our sims.. form logging in to just playing in lag.

G

and can you show me WHERE the unanswered questions are answered on the blog? They smoke it with new dot games, and mirrors

G

Listen, like I said, they aren't fully teamed. This isn't World Of Warcraft people. They dont have 6 million users.

If you really want 24/7 customer support, quit tso and play world of warcraft, that will make you happy right away.

Tso is not a major game right now, with an estimated 10-20,000 accounts they arent making much buck.

So if you want that 24/7 live chat with a dev, go join a game with millions of players. SIMPLE AS THAT!

G

Ohhhhhh, so now you really think you know everything huh ??? telling me where to play, what to spend my money on.. I DON'T Think so my friend... Green light... MOVE ON !!!

G

Nobody can be certain. The truth is this is a very wobbly start. The EA execs probably don't care for it much. They don't like ventures that lose lots of money and TSO was the all-time money sucker 4 years ago, which is why I was surprised to see it comeback.

EA has never understood the meaning of customer service, and they just made a big mess of things by not refunding money people spent on bogus CC and penalizing the thieves. I am betting a lot of people left because of their poor handling of their customers and that's not going to look good to a room of investors and execs who already have their hand on the plug. You're fooling yourself if you think this project isn't standing on rocky ground. Is it reasonable to assume that this game could take a dive anyday? Yes. Money suckers don't last long. Luc's current title is in R&D which leads me to believe this is being funded under research. I don't know that for certain, but it does seem to fit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Listen, like I said, they aren't fully teamed. This isn't World Of Warcraft people. They dont have 6 million users.

If you really want 24/7 customer support, quit tso and play world of warcraft, that will make you happy right away.

Tso is not a major game right now, with an estimated 10-20,000 accounts they arent making much buck.

So if you want that 24/7 live chat with a dev, go join a game with millions of players. SIMPLE AS THAT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never asked for live 24/7 chat.. I'm asking for some questions to be answered.. as a consumer i have that right. They have my money each month.. and I have no problem paying it as I still love this game. If you read thru alot of other posts what peeps want is only one major thing. COMMUNICATIONS... simple They have enough time to post a new improvement in TC3 with tons of bugs.. yet there has not been one post regarding the issues everyone else has. WE have peeps in game helping others peeps.. Hello.. Shawdow gets us more answers to issues we all have had from logging in to helping with lag then the Dev have come up with at times. Please.. this is getting old. Peeps ask for answers to unanswered question that have been on the board now for months and they are being unreasonable.. They get kicked in their sim butts just for asking for those and please don't tell me the Dev's don't log in to read this board they do.. as they read their blog and the responses.. Just taking a few minutes and giving us some answers would prevent half of the issues I've seen happen on this board and on the blog.

and as for your comment.....

If you havent noticed the blog has countless*** pages of blog updates, game updates, and overall well being communication.

Oh i have noticed tons of blog entries... but not once do they come in and answer the bugs from all their great new add ons... let me ask you .. have you read all the concerns all the issues all the bugs people keep asking after each post of a NEW great thing... just typing up the first blog to the conversation isnt communication.. its dealing with the issues that follow that would show communication

G

simfreak... you are probably right my friend. I totally agree rocky road is not a good path but they are on it, I hope the spikes on their shoes keeps them from falling over, however, they didn't help them with tso, so I doubt they will help them with this new endenvor they are trying and not succeeding with.

I think they enjoy sims fighting with sims and us buying money from them and items from them, cause they are hurting and looking for more income, which is WRONG, be honest, If your honest you get fin life then sneaking around the corner. Someone always catches a sneak, might not be today or tomorrow but I can assure you it will be in the near further

G

<blockquote><hr>

simfreak... you are probably right my friend. I totally agree rocky road is not a good path but they are on it, I hope the spikes on their shoes keeps them from falling over, however, they didn't help them with tso, so I doubt they will help them with this new endenvor they are trying and not succeeding with.

I think they enjoy sims fighting with sims and us buying money from them and items from them, cause they are hurting and looking for more income, which is WRONG, be honest, If your honest you get fin life then sneaking around the corner. Someone always catches a sneak, might not be today or tomorrow but I can assure you it will be in the near further

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your wrong on this part MeeMee... thats not why I came to love and become such an addictive sim

G

Well Ladi, I agree, plus the fact I been paying for this lame game myself on 2 accounts for over 4 years, so I would rather see it move forward then backwards as it is.

G

She has every right to be concerned. Many of us are. You may not have noticed the decrease in communication over the past 2 months, but a lot of us have. This past weekend a scammer ran rampant, and no one was around to do anything about it, that worries me. We were told custom content would be approved usually within 24 hours, many are waiting on approvals since friday. Parizad use to let us know if she would be away for the weekend, now she no longer bothers. And in case you haven't noticed, this is no longer the weekend. Version notes are no longer posted when we get updates. Maybe you don't understand how it went with this game for years prior to these devs working on the game, but lack of communication was something that pushed many players to the final quitting point. Some of us are hoping it doesn't go that way again. I suggest, instead of jumping on a concerned player, you wait and see if they get any response or answers, it wasn't you she was asking.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ohhhhhh, so now you really think you know everything huh ??? telling me where to play, what to spend my money on.. I DON'T Think so my friend... Green light... MOVE ON !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a very immature response. He has a point. And you sound very unintelligent when you post this way. There is not a single point in those two sentences XD Its very frustrating for me to read.

G

<blockquote><hr>

She has every right to be concerned. Many of us are. You may not have noticed the decrease in communication over the past 2 months, but a lot of us have. This past weekend a scammer ran rampant, and no one was around to do anything about it, that worries me. We were told custom content would be approved usually within 24 hours, many are waiting on approvals since friday. Parizad use to let us know if she would be away for the weekend, now she no longer bothers. And in case you haven't noticed, this is no longer the weekend. Version notes are no longer posted when we get updates. Maybe you don't understand how it went with this game for years prior to these devs working on the game, but lack of communication was something that pushed many players to the final quitting point. Some of us are hoping it doesn't go that way again. I suggest, instead of jumping on a concerned player, you wait and see if they get any response or answers, it wasn't you she was asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put .. bravo...

G

Need blind folds? or help with the X up top of page? DON'T READ IT THEN !!! simple, see how simple it is when there is a solution in life.

G

<font color="red">General Reminder </font>

Lets remember the Roc here folks:

Show respect at all times.

Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Stratics forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the topic goes, I think a week is too early to cry abandonment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Need blind folds? or help with the X up top of page? DON'T READ IT THEN !!! simple, see how simple it is when there is a solution in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posts like this make me feel sad inside for the human race =X I like reading proper grammar and seeing things that are constructive. That post and a bunch of others on this page are just dumb comebacks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">General Reminder </font>

Lets remember the Roc here folks:

Show respect at all times.

Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Stratics forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the topic goes, I think a week is too early to cry abandonment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. -=zips lips=-

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a very immature response. He has a point. And you sound very unintelligent when you post this way. There is not a single point in those two sentences XD Its very frustrating for me to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I see here is a lot of frustrating paying customers looking for answers.. thats seems to be the most Frustration in this and many other posts... and yet we, I am sure we will not hear from the DEV's .. which with just a little communication I don't think the rumors, the low moral would be happening and a lot less long standing sims would not be leaving the game. Drama once again weeds its way into a simple request that should be at the top of all the Dev's list. How can we fix the bugs... and how can we keep this game moving forward.... We love this game as much as they do and love them for keeping it going.. but deserting their player base and supports as they have over the last few months is not what I thought i would see happen....

G

Ok... Seriously, get REAL.

Listen to me...

By creating these "RANT" topics about EA's customer support and their communication is not helping at ALL.

You think by making this thread, pancakes, Report me if you wish, is going to make the EA executives jump on the band wagon and hire 50 more workers to give you version notes for an update??

Reminder, 6 months to 1 year ago this game was on it's hinges and EA was well debating if they should move on. Luc proposed that he will make the game better and get subscriber numbers upward. Well, they approved the profits they needed, they found a team, and now it's BETA TIME.

Not launched time, beta time. If they were really going to shut this game down, they would have a year ago, that year is up. They have already put enough money into it to stick with it, merges arent cheap, custom content, not cheap one bit. I think they have done 1 major thing right, listening to other players feedback.

They want idea's, suggestions, not someone yelling at them and saying close the game! They need all the support right now and some people dont seem to realize that. If you are SOOOO concerned about communication, please, do us all a favor and apply to be a EA Electronic Art's Customer Rep, that would fasten things up for you anyway.

And please remember, these are not EA's top dev's working on this game, that doesn't mean they don't know anything but they sure aren't capable of what Will Wright has done in past years. They work their tails off and we should be GRATEFUL, to even be able to still play this long running game. Many of us were in TSO's primetime years, first 2 and we experienced that. I know some of you didn't, but thats life, you missed it, we cant change back time. In the near fututure I am hoping the primetime can come back and we can all have fun.

Just relax, don't worry about updates and play with what you have right now, go do some other things in life besides playing on a computer, that will make you less focused on Customer Service.

In all, I am showing no disrespect nor mean disrespect to anyone on this board, I agree with some things you say but all thing's take time, that may be weeks to years.

Wait it out, one day you will be glad you did.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

don't worry about updates and play with what you have right now

[/ QUOTE ]

We played for many years without updates or communication. 1 week really isn't that bad. I think everyone is too focused on the next big thing. We have an entire game filled with people from all over, we should be enjoying ourselves, not freaking out when we don't hear from anyone for a week.

And if in fact they are closing the game, then so be it, better to enjoy this game while it's still here.

Live life like there's no tomorrow; right?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

OK the BIG “?” is TSO/EA Land/MAXIS/SIMS online.. what ever name you go buy these days CLOSING their online doors?
<font color="red"> We all know the name is EA Land </font>

Rumor has it your in trouble
<font color="red"> Rumor has had that for 4 years
</font>

and that is why NO one is replying No one is answer questions,
<font color="red"> "questions" were answered on or around 4-9-08. </font>

So I guess our question to you is, is our hard earned real life dollars going to waste every month?
<font color="red"> Depends on who you ask. But please don't include me in your "our", because I am happy with what we have, compared to a year ago. </font>

Because the game is at statue quote once again, nothing is being added, fixed, or answered the last 3 plus weeks,
<font color="red"> I have to disagree with you. Three weeks from today would be: 3-25-08. Since that date they started testing a new way to run the economy (who cares if we liked it or not, they ADDED something new). They ADDED more skinnable items and primary avatar choice. They started and canceled the money name contest. They FIXED the command line in EAL. They FIXED work for all players. They improved lag problems. Do you think these things happen over night? </font>

nothing but trouble
<font color="red"> We are testing, there will ALWAYS be some trouble. </font>

no reorder buttons, lots of sim money invested in Unapproved items, Approvals are taking dayzzzzzzzzzzzzz and still nothing is approved..
<font color="red"> 1 person does this, and this isn't her only job. This isn't the first time we have had to wait this long. This also isn't something we deal with all the time. </font>

So can someone be kind to find in their hearts SOME ANSWERS to concerned paying players.
<font color="red"> I'm surprised you think a post like this deserves them to find anything in their hearts. </font>

Now tomorrow being Wednesday once again for updates/upgrades, we are skeered to face another delemia WHAT IS THE ANSWERS DEVS???
<font color="red"> Well I guess if we get an update tomorrow then they must be working. Maybe they will communicate then. </font>

Did you all go on vacation or strike AGAIN?
<font color="red"> I wouldn't blame them. </font>

We really need to know as a loyal game you try to be, so prove us all wrong and come up with a solutions we can live with.
<font color="red"> That is what they are working on........... </font>

Thanks for hearing me out, but a little communication goes a LONGGGGGGGGGGG way.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are always communicating.......let them work.

G

<font color="red"> Do not listen to HUMORS in-game. There ALL lies, Filthy lies. </font>

<font color="blue"> The game as we know it as been REBORN!!!! </font>

G

I agree. Spreading rumors isn't going to help anyone and neither is yelling at, threatening, demanding your rights as a paid costumer, berating, or being rude to the Dev's. It gets you nothing.

If they spoke to us the way we speak to them in our posts we would go up in flames but we are constantly ragging on them over and over for not doing everything we want right now.

I don't think of this game as lame.......if I did I would go somewhere else and play another one.

IMHO, we treat the Dev's as if they were our personal slaves and the moment they don't jump to our demands we freak out. I have been playing this game since the beginning. So what....it gives me no special status as far as I am concerned. I also have A LOT of accounts I pay for each month, that also gives me no special status IMO either.

They will give us the information they feel we need in their own good time and as for me....I will wait and be patient and see what it is when it comes. In the mean time I watch I listen and I read the posts on the forum. I educate myself and work on my computer and Internet connection so that I have as little problem as possible with the game when I play. I seldom have lagg and have had up to 6 accounts open at the same time with no lagg when others were cursing and furious because they could not play because of the lagg. I have no clue why this is but if I have a problem running something from my comp. I always check my connection and my stuff first if things are going bad. It is usually a problem on my end. Go figure
Yet every time something goes wrong it is always the fault of EA? It is always the Dev's fault because something doesn't work or someone hasn't figured out how to make it work for them? How can that be???? I know there are bugs but it can't be EA's fault 100% of the time.

Lets have a little compassion for these guys, after all with out them we would probably not be playing this game any more. Let's show them the respect we would like shown to us. Not too much to ask IMHO. Let's try and be patient and if we can't lets use constraint and try not to let our anger, frustration and violence show up in our posts as we have so many times before.

IMO I would not want to be in their shoes for any amount of money and be treated as we treat them. It is a thankless miserable job. I could not do it and have any positive feelings for posters such as we have been.

I feel great sorrow for the way we sometimes treat each other on these boards. I know I have been probably guilty of it as well, I am not blameless. I guess after hearing what the Dali Lamba (Sp) had to say I started taking a good look at my behavior and didn't like what I saw. IMHO I could be a better person. I could...I'm trying.

Arrggg, sorry for the long winded post. (gets down from soap box)

G

Let's just say that my roommate worked on the original TSO, so I have a pretty good understanding of what happened and I see a lot of places that things went wrong. They used to have relationships and friendship balloons, but some producer decided she didn't want to build releationships, she wanted to be a sickly grandma and lay in bed all day. They should've fired her and kept the game as it was back then, but they killed the game. After that it became a lot less fun. I keep hoping for a move in a positive direction. I want to see them succeed, but they can't do that if they ignore the problems and continue to work on things that don't matter, like adding a stupid piccies to your avatar image. Waste of Time IMHO.

G

Rumors get started in a vacuum -- a vacuum, in this case, created by the devs. I am sympathetic to their plight, and I have been in their situation, but a small amount of effort could avoid a substantial amount of aggravation for their customers.

A blog is not a substitute for a well-known place to go to get current status.

If that place said "We're all on vacation for a week." or "We're busy updating our resumes" or "We locked ourselves in the server room, send help!", we would know what was going on.

Custom content, an important feature, requires someone to do approvals regularly. If that service is not going to be available for some period of time, that should be posted, whether it's known in advance or not.

If the devs want us to think they were kidnapped by aliens, they should do what they are doing now, give no warning and say nothing. If they want us to patiently wait for them, they should let us know what to expect.

I have seen enough objective signs of a project in trouble in the two months since I returned, and this sudden unexpected silence is another sign. Whether that means the end or a shakeup or delay or the sun will come out tomorrow and everything will be fine, we will have to wait and see.

G

Lmao, please don't say your roomate worked on the simsonline without proof, we have no reason to believe you.

And some producer took away balloons? Read your post before you click continue, I guarantee they wanted to change the childish balloon linking, it did look clowny

And having piccis on our page? What!

They have been faced with 100's of problems and have fixed ATON of content, they econemy was so bad I cant even explain, many of you may not know that a MAJOR exploit caused this, I know store owners that knew the exploit since year 1 of the sims online.

Rebalancing this for very tough and so far they are improving every time I look at the game..

And you really have to remember, the sims online is NOT at all like most mmorpgs, or any online game for that matter. It is sort of simular to secondlife, not even close to what sl offers.

You skill, which requires moving your mouse every 20 minutes to green. You talk to sims, if you wish and most are afk.

You build your dreamhouse, takes 3 hours, then you live in that house.

The #1 objective I say right now and forever has been in tso to get a house to the #1 spot on the list.. I mean, the game is very standstill and they just set a trap for themselves to make it a afk game.

Now I love the game and not saying I don't like the afk, but most online gamers dont want a standstill game, they want to constantly be in the ACTION.

W

Whitilicious 07'

<blockquote><hr>

OK the BIG “?” is TSO/EA Land/MAXIS/SIMS online.. what ever name you go buy these days CLOSING their online doors? Rumor has it your in trouble and that is why NO one is replying No one is answer questions, So I guess our question to you is, is our hard earned real life dollars going to waste every month? Because the game is at statue quote once again, nothing is being added, fixed, or answered the last 3 plus weeks, nothing but trouble, no reorder buttons, lots of sim money invested in UNapproved items, Approvals are taking dayzzzzzzzzzzzzz and still nothing is approved.. So can someone be kind to find in their hearts SOME ANSWERS to concerned paying players. Now tomorrow being Wednesday once again for updates/upgrades, we are skeered to face another delemia WHAT IS THE ANSWERS DEVS??? Did you all go on vacation or strike AGAIN? We really need to know as a loyal game you try to be, so prove us all wrong and come up with a solutions we can live with. Thanks for hearing me out, but a little communication goes a LONGGGGGGGGGGG way.

[/ QUOTE ]

As i have said before i would much rather have the Dev's working on the game then sitting here babysitting everyone on Stratics ! They DON'T have to report one thing to us and they don't sit here and read/reply to every post THIS ISN"T THIER WEBSITE !!!! When will you all learn you are yelling at yourselves and everyone else . They don't control Stratics !!! The name calling and rudeness of everyone is probably why they haven't responded in a week . I wouldn't if i was them . There are going to be MAJOR issues in this game until they can get everything set to where it needs to be . We all know this ! It really frustrates me to come on here and see ppl being so rude and mean to eachother . Maybe just maybe they are on vacation ... I know i would be after the last few weeks they have had. They can't just flip a switch and make it better , They have to reprogram do u realize what that consists of ????? Ok i had my say , I'm done !

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lmao, please don't say your roomate worked on the simsonline without proof, we have no reason to believe you.

And some producer took away balloons? Read your post before you click continue, I guarantee they wanted to change the childish balloon linking, it did look clowny

And having piccis on our page? What!

They have been faced with 100's of problems and have fixed ATON of content, they econemy was so bad I cant even explain, many of you may not know that a MAJOR exploit caused this, I know store owners that knew the exploit since year 1 of the sims online.

Rebalancing this for very tough and so far they are improving every time I look at the game..

And you really have to remember, the sims online is NOT at all like most mmorpgs, or any online game for that matter. It is sort of simular to secondlife, not even close to what sl offers.

You skill, which requires moving your mouse every 20 minutes to green. You talk to sims, if you wish and most are afk.

You build your dreamhouse, takes 3 hours, then you live in that house.

The #1 objective I say right now and forever has been in tso to get a house to the #1 spot on the list.. I mean, the game is very standstill and they just set a trap for themselves to make it a afk game.

Now I love the game and not saying I don't like the afk, but most online gamers dont want a standstill game, they want to constantly be in the ACTION.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has never once been my objective in this game in all the years I've been playing it, maybe that's why you and I will never see eye to eye on anything else you've posted about.

A little communication goes a long way. A total lack of it is a very bad choice to make in a game being developed that is on rocky ground to start with. Too many excuses for why there is none from people who really have no clue what the reasons are, just make for more frustrations and a bigger divide in the community. It serves no purpose other than give you a post count and to make someone else angry, but then that is a trolls job from what I gather.

G

What?

Are you serious...

Ok, sorry you are the 1% of tso that goes on there just to look at your sim house... Most people have goals in tso, and being a #1 house or close is one

W

Whitilicious 07'

I agree CntryGrl I'm not on here to be #1 in anything ,love the game , i hate the issues we are having , would love some communication but hey at least the game is still on to play . I love the friends i have . If it wasn't for all of my great friends i wouldn't be on the game

Oh guess that makes it 2% LOL ....

A

Anarela

I agree with you cntrygrl, I simply love the game, I have houses, but seldom visit them, rather be with my friends on their lots... no, I don't want to become a #1 house, that would be too much of a hassle, I play for fun, not to mirror my stressful work life...

I do think we need to learn to speak properly and to be polite... that is one of the primary things in life.

Take the time to breathe before responding...

K

Kymberleigh

Amen!! I so agree with that. Too many people on here are too snippy and too fast to judge. I really hate the rudeness on this board. 9 out of 10 topics on here are just so dang negative. If I wanted that I would have stayed at work listening to customers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going on rumors and not any offical word from EA or the Devs. Until I hear/read from EA or the Devs that this game is closing, then I will continue to play the game as I always do. Yes I am curious but I don't believe any rumors I have heard floating around in room chats. Again until there is offical word, why worry? If it is going under, there isn't anything any of us can do but say our sad goodbyes and go forward with out lives and find other online gaming experiences.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going on rumors and not any offical word from EA or the Devs. Until I hear/read from EA or the Devs that this game is closing, then I will continue to play the game as I always do. Yes I am curious but I don't believe any rumors I have heard floating around in room chats. Again until there is offical word, why worry? If it is going under, there isn't anything any of us can do but say our sad goodbyes and go forward with out lives and find other online gaming experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the exact reason for the post though? We are hearing no official word about anything. If that doesnt worry you, then thats fine, but I find it worrying and obviously others do too

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Personally, I'd like to see them never talk... or blog... or whatever. I'd rather have a good game, with regular, USEFUL updates. (seriously, who CARES about putting a pic up where your avatar is-that is so silly) I'd rather have what was promised. Seeing as how we get neither, what are people to think?

Some people are happy and patient, others are not. Can't we all get along?

S

Simsaholic

From what I was told by a longtime hard core online gamer- the way TSO has been ruined/changed, is a clear deathknell.
Our missing Anniversary gifts, our disappearing rares, the erasing of our simoleans &amp; payouts, the appearance of ATM's when EA had frowned upon BUYING simoleans (Hypocritical much?), the years long turning deaf ears to our pleas for new categories, objects, clothes, pets, wallpapers &amp; floors etc.
We have EVERY right to voice our displeasure.
The one thing that EA does without fail is take our $10.00 a month.
I love the game but don't spit on me &amp; tell me it's raining!

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

From what I was told by a longtime hard core online gamer- the way TSO has been ruined/changed, is a clear deathknell.
Our missing Anniversary gifts, our disappearing rares, the erasing of our simoleans &amp; payouts, the appearance of ATM's when EA had frowned upon BUYING simoleans (Hypocritical much?), the years long turning deaf ears to our pleas for new categories, objects, clothes, pets, wallpapers &amp; floors etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

*does the happy dance*
They only take $9.99 (x4) off me every month, I guess they love me afterall hehe
Now, where do i spend that extra penny?

G

Well.. you guy's act like the dev's havent talked to us in months, its been 1 damn week, 1 week. If your not addicted to these boards and check back every 1 minute to see if Lee has said, ok heres the version notes, then I really do suggest you see a counslor, immediatly. This game is going to make it, I assure you that, mark my word in 6 months, you will be pleased.

And this is not the death tole LMAO, you think because they wipe simoleans the game is closing? 1 week of no talk and the game is closing? Pleasee.. I know you all went to school atleast part of your life, use common sense here and don't flip out. I am not mad or anything I'm just really tired of people bringing the game down itself and the people who work on it.

G

Just quick hit of reply. I didn't read the rest of the comment. Anyway,

This again? Look! EA-Land isn't being ran by thousands of employee's. Just a small team from the original Maxis studios working there butts off to make you happy!

Give 'em a brake. Roam wasn't built in a day.

S

Simsaholic

First off I NEVER attacked the dev's. And I did list a few things that have been going on that triggered my friend's "deathknell head's up".
Since I'm paying my *AHEM* $9.99 x 3 per month, damned skippy I have a right to voice my displeasure. My rose colored glasses fell off a long time ago &amp; I discovered THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!
We were told to have patience but guess what, after all this time our patience has worn thin!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*does the happy dance*
They only take $9.99 (x4) off me every month, I guess they love me afterall hehe
Now, where do i spend that extra penny?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

To those that are frustrated:

It's just the same thing in another thread. If I were, which i'm not, I would try to keep away from the forum so that I could finish what I had promised my loyal gamers! Give them some space. I understand your frustration but give them some space and let them do what they have to do!

I

imported_Danny Dots

This is such a stupid thread.

That's all I have to say.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Give 'em a brake. Roam wasn't built in a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I have the giggles.

G

Yep, same here. Not interested in being #1 in anything. I Skill, make money be with friends, goof off sometimes. I have my houses but don't want to be at the top. Like being on the Top 100 list but doesn't matter where.

Status
Not open for further replies.