• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

are Legendary Mapmaker's Glasses enhance-able?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so the Legendary Mapmaker's Glasses that you can get from the Treasure Chests..... can those be enhanced?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope. I don't think the glasses are considered metal so enhancing doesn't work (they are repaired with tinker but tinker only enhances with metal).

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i imbued them, was gonna try to enhance them but didnt wanna risk wasting a charge of the special tool if it wasnt gonna work.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If ur an early riser or a super late nite player just wait till servers are abt to drop. That 3-5min window when nothing saves is where I do all my testing when results are unknown. :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Poo - I'm telling you 100% that you cannot enhance the glasses. If you really don't believe me then copy your char over to TC1 and try it yourself.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you put the charge back?
If u try to enhance an item that for whatever reason can not be enhanced, you will get a message saying so and the attempt will auto cancel refunding the charge attempted.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If u try to enhance an item that for whatever reason can not be enhanced, you will get a message saying so and the attempt will auto cancel refunding the charge attempted.
I am not sure this is always the case.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two instances I recall off hand when this occurred was on items that had already been enhanced (“This item has already been enhanced”) and items that were very very old (“This item is to old to survive the enhancement process”). Both times the charge was never used. I’m fairly certain I’ve seen at least one other variant of the message but tbh can not recall it exactly. It very well may be all such instances are not exempt from using the charge. In my experience, every time I’ve tried to use a charge & the process was unable to complete the charge remained on the enhancing tool.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two instances I recall off hand when this occurred was on items that had already been enhanced (“This item has already been enhanced”) and items that were very very old (“This item is to old to survive the enhancement process”). Both times the charge was never used. I’m fairly certain I’ve seen at least one other variant of the message but tbh can not recall it exactly. It very well may be all such instances are not exempt from using the charge. In my experience, every time I’ve tried to use a charge & the process was unable to complete the charge remained on the enhancing tool.
It’s been a while, but I think gargoyle earrings might be the one that I had the issue using the charge but not getting the bonus.