• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Are Bolts of Cloth Commodity Deedable?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm so tired of recalling back and forth from tailor shop to my house... What about stacks of cloth since there are so many different bolts that don't combine... what's the best strategy to get bulk cloth home now that we have commodity deed boxes?

Thanks in advance.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

To easily transfer large amounts of stackable items, you can use so called "Commodity Deeds".

* Commodity Deeds can be purchased from NPC bankers.
* Commodity Deeds are "blessed", which means they cannot be stolen
(if kept in the top level of your backpack), and stay with you when you die.
* Commodity Deeds are colored light green.
* A freshly purchased Commodity Deed will be empty. Fill the deed by double-clicking
on it and then select a stackable item in your bank-box that you want to add to
the deed.
* A Commodity Deed can hold one of the following item types: Cloth, Hides, Leather,
Bolts, Arrows, Shafts, Boards, Logs, Regular Reagents or Ingots (all colors).
* Once a Commodity Deed has been filled, it cannot be filled again.
* To retrieve the items stored in the Commodity Deed, simply place it in your
bank-box. The items will then be placed in your bank-box, and the deed will be
destroyed.

Cloth can used for filling CD´s, but Bolts of Cloth, i dont know.

Try it out, take 2 Bolts and try to deed them, then we will know.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres an option at the tailors menu. It is called something like 'combine cloth'. Its cuts all cloth into one stackable form. Usually it is used to stack up different types of bod reward cloth of one colour but it also can be used to stack bolts. (Only that those arent bolts anymore afterwards.) To get rid of a cloth-colour on bolts simply used a fresh dye tub on them. That should work onto each npc-bought cloth. (Sometimes the colour bolts are cheaper than their plain pendants.) I dont know, if you can 'uncolour' reward-cloth this way, too but I guess its probably better to just leave those to their colours.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I did test it last night and was able to deed a stack of bolts of cloth... I also noticed that no matter how many bolts of cloth I bought from a specific weaver, he always still had 500 bolts of the same cloth...

I hate how there are 3 or 4 different bolts that look almost alike but don't stack together... I guess one is supposed to look like denim and another like cotton or something... to me it's just a pain... but I always bought the last bolt in the list and always bought 375... 300 for my bug to carry and 75 for me... walked to the bank... walked back to the shop and there were still 500 ready for me to buy.

I wish some other resources had endless supplies like that.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very Easy. Buy your Bolts at the Luna Tailor while you have your Bank Box open. I buy 1,000 at a time (two groups of 500). The bolts will drop at your feet, so be ready to drag them to your bank box. Use a pair of scissors and target the bolts in your Bank Box. The cut cloth will drop into your backpack (making you greatly overweight). Drag the cloth to your Bank Box and combine with a Commodity Deed. Take the cloth home and undeed it in your nice new 1st Year Reward Commodity Box.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Nice. I didn't think about Luna... I always think of Brit as home... Old timer and left a long time ago... never got into this new world order with Luna at the center... black helicopters and all that.

Thanks for the tip though.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres an endless supply of bolts/cloth at the npc. But the price increase for 1 gp each 1000 sold.

F

Fink

I'm so tired of recalling back and forth from tailor shop to my house...
Hehe, spare a thought for pre-bonding crafters who had to either get a mage friend to gate/buy for them or lead their packy caravan through spawn-infested forests! :eek:

I've yet to try out my commodity deed box.. figures that I'd get one of those well after I'd finished moving castles. As for reward cloth (as it was raised), yes you can "bleach" that with a fresh dye tub like you can regular cloth. Handy when you're turning in junk bulk orders to get better ones, you can replenish your cloth as you go.