• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are Agapite hammers bugged?

G

Gwendar-SP

I live on Siege and have GM arms Lore so the damage increase on exceptional weapons is 43%. I just use 5 charges from an agapite hammer. Two of the weapons were 43% damage increase (as expexted). The other three had a DI of 54, 46, and 45!! 46 and 45 seem very low for an agapite hammer. All 5 weapons were deemed rejects.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
45% DI is 90% intensity without Lore, with lore (on SP) it would be 37% DI/74% intensity + Lore, which is within the normal range of an Agapite hammer (before the runic changes, and after). 65% Intensity is the bottom end of an Agapite range, and one has to get to 70% intensity for DI to show as a property (the 43% DIs you got).

No bugs, just too high expectations. The properties are rerolled if below minimum DI for the weapon as made normally - they don't modify the range to always be OVER your minimum

In other words, just because you have 35% DI from exceptional, before Lore bonus, doesn't mean that 65% minimum intensity is 65% of the way between 35% DI & 50% DI (i.e. 44% plus Lore) - it just means that DI intensities that would result in 33% to 35% are rerolled.

G

Gwendar-SP

So if DI is rolled it compares the value with what I would make normally. If my value is larger that goes on the weapon and a new property is rolled? If the DI is higher than mine then that goes on the weapon even tho it is only 2-3 points higher? What a waste of a property roll. DI must be a common roll since I got it on 3 of the 5 weapons I made.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yep... Though, in all fairness, you CAN potentially make a 58% DI weapon on SP, more if you craft one of the recipe items with additional DI as a recipe bonus.

It is actually more of a factor on SP than on other shards, due to the lack of insurance. Wear ex armor, and use your SP personal blessing on the weapon, and you will have an edge over those with pre-lore-bonus weapons, and non-runics in general.

On the other shards, DI is more useful for the PvM crowd, as what is a minor bonus for PvP is a major one against creatures, even if only at 5%. Against people, more DI from Arms lore only amounts to 2-4 more points of damage; against monsters, it can be 10 points or more. Add in Runic DI, and the difference gets closer to 10 more points for max DI (compared to exceptional non-runic) in PvP, 30-40 points difference in PvM.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Runic Hammers and being that trade forums are temporarily down I was wondering if someone could post a pic or give an example of a weapon crafted by a Valorite Runic Hammer might look like.

I've considered purchasing one but after experimenting with a bronze runic I felt that there was too much luck involved to lay out that type of gold for a valorite runic.

What type of crazy insane weapon can be crafted with a Valorite if you happend to get lucky. I'm dieing to see pics of or description of mods on someone who actually put the hammer to the anvil.:drool:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you ever get your hands on a valorite hammer do yourself a favor and sell it for the gold. If you want to see what a val hammer can make go on test center and burn 15 charges and see what you think.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you ever get your hands on a valorite hammer do yourself a favor and sell it for the gold. If you want to see what a val hammer can make go on test center and burn 15 charges and see what you think.
You are correct!

And who needs to *see* a picture? Read the charts and use your imagination.

What is *possible* with a val hammer? A weapon with 5 properties + 40% DI from EX and Arms Lore and all props can go to 100% (like any other runic now).

So a Val Hammer could make something like:

Kryss
Hit Lower Def 50%
Hit Lower Attack 50%
Hit Lightning 50%
Fast Cast 1
SSI 30%
Dmg Increase 40%

Pick any 5 of your favorite properties and imagine them at 100% intensity. It is POSSIBLE.

What is more likely is something like

Kryss
Spell Channel
Snow Elemental Slayer
DI 40%
Poison Resist 11
Energy Resist 11
Lower Requirements 50%

Its all random. Since Verite gives you 4 or 5 props and it goes to 100% - Verite hammers *can* make val hammer quality items. And with a Verite hammer you get 20 swings instead of 15.

My advise? Sell Val hammer - use gold to buy 2 Verite hammers instead. You have a better shot at crafting a godly item.

G

Gwendar-SP

Speaking of Runic Hammers and being that trade forums are temporarily down I was wondering if someone could post a pic or give an example of a weapon crafted by a Valorite Runic Hammer might look like.

I've considered purchasing one but after experimenting with a bronze runic I felt that there was too much luck involved to lay out that type of gold for a valorite runic.

What type of crazy insane weapon can be crafted with a Valorite if you happend to get lucky. I'm dieing to see pics of or description of mods on someone who actually put the hammer to the anvil.:drool:
Go to test center and get one and make a bunch of items.

Bronze are easy to get. There is a huge gap between bronze and gold filled with scrolls and ancients.

C

Coppelia

Pick any 5 of your favorite properties and imagine them at 100% intensity. It is POSSIBLE.

What is more likely is something like

Kryss
Spell Channel
Snow Elemental Slayer
DI 40%
Poison Resist 11
Energy Resist 11
Lower Requirements 50%
Slayers don't have intensity like Lizarmen = low, Reptile = high? Are they all different mods without intensity like Nighsight etc?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went to test center today and I must say I was totally disappointed with the results of both verite and valorite runic crafable. The same goes for heartwood fletching kit. YOu can get better mods from certain Peerless drops... they are rare also but better than the runics imo.:lame: