• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

archery question- velocity

• Thread starter Alex the Gray
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Alex the Gray

I have looked and haven't found any good, detailed explanation of this. What it is, how it functions, what parameters it operates under. What affects it, and what type of damage it is.
If anyone has some directions to where I can find this info, please post.
Thank you very much. I'll even dance at your wedding- no really- you've never seen anything quite so hilarious.....

G

copied from UOguide

<blockquote><hr>

Velocity is a property found on certain bows that was introduced with the Mondain's Legacy expansion. It can be described as a reverse of the Harm spell. For every tile away your opponent is, +1 damage is added if a shot hits with Velocity. So if you opponent is 2 tiles away they can be hit with 2 extra damage from a Velocity strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

A

Alex the Gray

thank you. I assume that that means it is direct damage, if no specific type is mentioned.....
It is odd tho- in practice, the damage that is delivered seems quite random

G

Velocity works the opposite of Harm from Mages When a Mage Cast Harm on you the closer they are to you the more damage you will take from the spell so with velocity ... the farther you are away from you opponent the more damage your velocity will deliver

G

from EA support:

Answer

The Velocity property on a bow weapon is the percentage of the chance that weapon will do additional damage based on the attacker's distance from its target.

The further the attacker is from the target, the more additional damage will be dealt. The closer you are, the less additional damage will be dealt. Your bow will always do the same base damage, but the additional Velocity bonus (displayed as a second number above the target's head, much like Hit Lightning is) will change based on your distance from the target.

also, Velocity is not a hit spell, so you can also have hit spell on your weapon
I.E.

hit velocity 44%
hit lightning 44%

and so on.

A

Alex the Gray

judging from all of this I would have to surmise that a bow with a range of 10 will do more damage with velocity than one with a range of 8.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct it would do about 10 dmg. So if you had that and fireball/lightning...

If you were 10 spaces away ideally... you could do 55-58 dmg to a person with an armor ignore from a composite bow

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what does the % mean?
hit velocity 44%

does it mean that if your 10 tiles away you will do an extra 4 pts damage (44% of 10pts)?

Lorddog

M

majorwoo

no, it's a 44% chance the velocity will hit. The damage done is simply 1/tile.
If the 44% chance doesn't proc then you get no bonus from velocity.

A

Alex the Gray

NOW! Come on.....
I have seen velocity damage way over 10. something here isnt adding up

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOW! Come on.....
I have seen velocity damage way over 10. something here isnt adding up

[/ QUOTE ]

go to test and test it, I'm sure I have seen more than 10 oints damage too

I don't have time to test it out, college and stuff