• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archery Contest(s) results from today's Moonglow Spring Festival

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

This is how it was initially set up:

<blockquote><hr>

Hail, all of you archery fans!

The Real Deal
A bare-knuckled, skill-determined match with only GM bows allowed. (Bows and arrows will be supplied onsite, for those who need them). The gloveless requirement is to assure all onlookers that archery-enhancing jewelry is not in use. After signing up, one player at a time will toe their mark and fire a succession of ten shots, with the four highest score-holders of the initial round progressing to the second round. The best two archers of the second round shall face off in a third (and final) round, where the highest score in ten shots will determine the winner of this contest.
First Prize: 75K gold and 3,500 arrows.

Embellished Archery
Any and all accoutrements allowed, including jewelry and mega-bows. Otherwise, rules as above.
First Prize: 45K gold and 2,500 arrows

What a Loser!
Gm bows (or worse!) allowed. Actually, an NPC bow might be called for, here. The object of this contest is to have the lowest (worst) score at the end of ten shots. Anyone is welcome to see how awful they can be. :)
First Prize: 15K gold and 1,500 arrows (because hey, you need the practice!)

All entrants will receive free repair deeds from a Grandmaster Fletcher, courtesy of Ruari MacEibher of [-S-]
Gold for prize monies donated by the Yew Merry Center for All [-Y-] and the Moonglow Festival
Arrows and Bows donated by Capture The Flag [CTF]

<hr></blockquote>

Entering the first (skill-based) contest were:
Wynter Iceblade
Cherie Whitefish
Zuni
Demuel Longarm
Sir Abe Arrow
Shaft
and Aragorn,

with Wynter, Shaft, Sir Abe and Aragorn proceeding to the second round.

The third round was a face-off between Shaft and Aragorn, with Aragorn claiming the first prize of 75K gold and 3,500 arrows. Congratulations!

Next up was the (item-based) second contest, with entrants:
Bubbles
Wynter Iceblade
Demuel Longarm
Aragorn
and Shaft

The third round of this contest saw Aragorn and Shaft facing off yet again, with Shaft emerging the winner this time, to the tune of 45K gold and 2,500 arrows. Good show, Shaft!

Last (and definitely least!) was the ever-popular Worst Shot in the REALM contest. Heh...the contestants in this one were:
Cherie Whitefish
Wynter Iceblade
Anath
Gypsy Queen *Quack!*
Kristina
LadieSmith
and Lastat...
Kristina, Lastat, Anath and Gypsy Queen rendered the area exceedingly dangerous to be in, as they flailed mightily for last place in the second round. *winces*

And then there were two...a Duck and Anath...battling to the death (of all the onlookers!) When the dust settled (and arrows were plucked out of the audiences' hides...ow) it was seen that Anath had battled Gypsy to the horrible end, beating her with a stunning ZERO in ten shots. *shakes head in amazement* Truly as awful as one could ever hope to be, she was awarded 15K gold, 1,500 arrows, and the mantle of Worst Shot in the Realm (ever!)

Even though I was/am sick, I had a blast. Thanks to all who participated! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you so much, Dor, for putting on this wonderful contest!

My 10 year old nephew, Shaft, truly enjoyed himself at this event. I'm so proud that he entered. And amazed that he placed in one contest and won another.

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!! I was delighted to see so many turn out for this! I thoroughly enjoye watching the contest.

I'm in awe of anyone who can shoot 0! Please tell us your technique!

G

Honest to God I wish I knew...stunned me speechless too /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif I think I'll stick to house decoing...lol I'm sure Jengo is reading this thinking "THAT player was on my Flag team? That explains a lot!!!"......hahahaha

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ooohh...that was you?

*huge grin*

You were awesome! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

(By the way, thanks for helping to keep me sane throughout. I was running a fever, feeling pretty crappy and not quite in my right mind. You guys made me have fun anyway! :)