• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer template

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What kinda of template are people running for pvm now? Any way to get the 300 skill pts while also adding damage?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PvM only i would suggest for Solo hunting: 120 Archery, 120 Chivalry, 120 Tactics, 120 Anatomy, 120 Healing, 50 Bushido (For Honoring purpose) and maybe 70 Focus. For a bit more safety you can put in Resisting spells and it would look something like that: 120 Archery, 120 Resist, 120 Tactics, 100 Anatomy, 90 Healing (enough with enhanced bandages), 50 bushido, 120 Chivalry.
For group hunting I would toss out Bushido and make it 120 Archery, 120 Chiv, 120 Resisting Spells, 120 Anatomy, 120 Healing, 120 Tactics.

For PvP I use this template 120 (+5 from Despicable Quiver) Archery, 120 Fencing (for Splinter/Disarm, Bleed) (Swordsmanship works as well), 90 Healing, 100 Anatomy, 100 Tactics, 120 Resisting Spells, 75 Chivalry (comes in handy sometimes for Remove Curse, Divine Fury and Dispel Evil, but its also possible to play without Chivalry).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I use:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
80 Bushido
110 Resisting Spells
With DF on I have 60 SSI with Composite Bow (35% SSI + 48% HML + 3 other mods) and 35 SSI with Yumi (10% SSI + 48% HML + 4 other mods). 48% HML + 55 LMC I usually is able to chain AI/DS doing 200-300 damage every 1.5sec.

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I use:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
80 Bushido
110 Resisting Spells
With DF on I have 60 SSI with Composite Bow (35% SSI + 48% HML + 3 other mods) and 35 SSI with Yumi (10% SSI + 48% HML + 4 other mods). 48% HML + 55 LMC I usually is able to chain AI/DS doing 200-300 damage every 1.5sec.
Thanks guys, Corwin I was actually just reading your prior melee archer thread, do you think its still worth to run with 90 swords for the 300 skill pt mana reduction? I'm not running the best suit I could, by far, missing 15% lmc still, but I run out of mana like crazy. I run a vamp form thrower with 90 swords and don't feel like I run out nearly as often. So what do you think about the 90 swords in todays scene.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
300 points helps when you chains AI/DS.
And with sword you can use WW.
Some bosses are easier or faster with sword.
And when you haven't slayer and can't take honor you can leach 2x more mana with a 100% HML axe.

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
300 points helps when you chains AI/DS.
And with sword you can use WW.
Some bosses are easier or faster with sword.
And when you haven't slayer and can't take honor you can leach 2x more mana with a 100% HML axe.
So lets say this for a temp

120 archery
120 tact
120 anat
90 chiv
120 healing
90 bush

that leaves 60 points. as of now the 20 Archery helm is a no go, and ill look around my jewels to see what I have, but what do you think is worth dropping, real skill-wise, for the other 30 swords. maby 110 anat and 100 healing? or 120 anat, 100 healing, 80 chiv?

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So lets say this for a temp

120 archery
120 tact
120 anat
90 chiv
120 healing
90 bush

that leaves 60 points. as of now the 20 Archery helm is a no go, and ill look around my jewels to see what I have, but what do you think is worth dropping, real skill-wise, for the other 30 swords. maby 110 anat and 100 healing? or 120 anat, 100 healing, 80 chiv?
Or perhaps dropping healing to 100 permanently this way its easier for me to swap necro in and out if need be for Vamp, or even do a 40/60 split on necro/ss for wrath.

Suit wise, I'm running a 210 stam suit with 20% ssi on jewels, 10% on tinker legs, and 5% from the town bonus when needed, at some point I'm going to work on replacing the pieces I have so I can fill in the LMC that I'm missing. 10 stam items are harder to make than I thought theyd be. Thanks again for the help.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need 30 Archery on jewels... and 30 Sword on another jewels. So you may drop 30 archery and get 90 sword.

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You need 30 Archery on jewels... and 30 Sword on another jewels. So you may drop 30 archery and get 90 sword.
You're right, that's probably the best course. Ive seen you did a lot of research on reforging, what do you think the easiest way to make 10 stamina items is? horned + powerful? or maybe copper hammers? Itd be nice to make clean items obviously, but getting 10 stam + 1 semi-useful mod would be alright.

Dorrian

Visitor
I use:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
80 Bushido
110 Resisting Spells
How are you able to fit all these skills? Do you souls stone the resist for pvp? Also how/what are ya using the Bushido for? sorry for the noob questions just coming back to UO

Shane

Visitor
How are you able to fit all these skills? Do you souls stone the resist for pvp? Also how/what are ya using the Bushido for? sorry for the noob questions just coming back to UO
You use jewels to make up for the skill differences

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a template like this
100 sword / captn johns hat
100 archery / hh
120 tact
120 ana
080 heal (+20 on juwels)
120 resist
080 bushido
Chiv is pretty useless imho for my purposes (spawns)
I do lower levels with a double axe, then i swap to bows when i feel the need (Usually level 4)
When i swap to bows, i also swap headgear.
On my suit i have 15 SSI, i also use +5 ssi townbonus, all my weapons are elemental damage. my suit also has 180++ stam, and the comp bow i kill bosses with have 40 ssi, hml etc etc. ( yes i can live with 1.5 swing speed, when i do 240++ damage pr AI with honor)
Very easy to build setup. Also cheaper than a traditional M&S glasses build.
The mana reduction from having 100(sword)+100(Archery)+20(headgear)+80(bush) combat skills really helps with chaining AI.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mana reduction from having 100(sword)+100(Archery)+20(headgear)+80(bush) combat skills really helps with chaining AI.
do skillpoints from skillincrease items count towards the mana reduction total of 300? I always thought it had to be real skill but I must admit that was just an asumption...

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do skillpoints from skillincrease items count towards the mana reduction total of 300? I always thought it had to be real skill but I must admit that was just an asumption...
They do, on the other hand skill increase from JOAT does not.