• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer / Tamer & PvP

Solo

Visitor
Im thinking of building an archer tamer that can hold its ground in pvp ...

What pets will be viable for this ...

What pets - do what in PvP ?

I have googled and done some reading but most info is a bit dated now, can anyone help with some current info/suggestions - please.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im thinking of building an archer tamer that can hold its ground in pvp ...

What pets will be viable for this ...

What pets - do what in PvP ?

I have googled and done some reading but most info is a bit dated now, can anyone help with some current info/suggestions - please.
dont bother on an archer, i suggest u switch to swords with bush and parry (with nerve stikes and riding swipes) to have a higher offensive and defensive stance (confidence+evasion). keep in mind that pets got nerfed twice and the damage output is very low.

there are some more popular tamer pvp chars that can hold there ground better than dexers:

mage-mystic-tamer
offensive: curse-explo-spell plague-and spam eagle strikes and nether bolts
defensive: stone form, cleansing winds and mini heals

4/6 chiv tamers:
offensive: holy fist, holy light spam
defensive: chiv healing, cure, remove curse, dispel evil (quick spells)

necro taming mage:
offensive: corpse skin = more damage from pet if 100fire damage or fire damage spells like fire breath, bo, strangle
deffensive: spirit speak, mind rott, mini heals

the most popular pets for dexers are:
cu-sides:
bleed ofc, and known to heal u if ur 2tiles close to then, i vote for mortal as-well

greater hyrues:
known for dismounts if u dont have dismounting skills on ur temp

the most popular pets for casters are:
nightmares, fire steeds
invulnerable to any slayer, + magery mastery and mortal if running on a mystic mage, will trigger spell plague a few times

bane dragons are also good but a bit vulnerable to dragon slayer spellbooks even with high hp and high resists

for me a pvp tamer is kinda useless, its good if ur zerging with a team supporting u and ur pet but 1v1 any good player would take u down within secs. the 240skill points invested on taming and lore are a big waste accordingly with the pet damage output.

those are brief examples just to put u in the picture, if u need additional info feel free to icq me.

Last edited: